Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-03-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default If I was the GM..

If I was the GM (THESE ARE NOT MOCK DRAFTS)

Disclaimer - Totally unrealistic and does not reflect what Jerry Reese will, or should do in the draft and off season. But this is what I would do if I had absolute power, like in Madden. Insert Evil Laugh here.

Cut announcements –
Sam Madison
RW McQuarters
William Joseph
That will be all... for now.

Trades –
- 20th overall pick for Tampa Bay’s 35th, 64th and 142nd picks overall.
- Trade Osi Umenyiora to Lions for 34th and 66th picks. (Oh no he didn’t. Yes I did.)

Draft
34 – Dwayne Bowe - WR - Big WR that can make the lack of Toomer's pressence almost unkown. Gives Eli a nice big, tough target to throw to down the middle of the field. Great compliment to Burress and Moss.

35 – Michael Griffin - FS - Griffin - 6' 205 pounds. Although Demps is servicable, I like young athletic guys. Griffin had a nice career at Texas and had spectacular workouts. I'd like to see him line up opposite of Wilson and make some plays.

51 – Antonio Pittman - RB - Great career at Ohio State and put up great workout numbers. Has good speed and we would have one of the best split backfields in the league if we got this guy. He has the perfect combo of size and speed. Reminds me of Thomas Jones of the NYJ.

64 – Josh Wilson - CB - His size and speed might make him look like a finesse corner, but he is very tough and solid vs. the run. Needs to develop and polish his coverage skills some more, but would be a solid addition to a 3-4 defense which stresses solid tackling skills.

66 – Ikaika Alama-Francis - DE - Very athletic player that has been on the rise. He has great athleticism for a guy his size and if he adds 10 pounds he can be effective vs. the run and pass as a 3-4 DE.

82 – Zack DeOssie - OLB - 6'5" 250 pound LB who has great athleticism and would fit perfectly in a 3-4 scheme at OLB. Ran a 4.58 forty and put up 26 reps at the combine. Also ran a below 7 second 60 yard shuttle, which is rare for big guys. Also has some good pedigree.

117 - Laron Harris - NT - 6'3" 345 pound sleeper. Was a big recruit but got a bit lazy at Tenn. Transfered to a small school, picked up his work ethic and is a player who is on the rise. Did a backflip at his workout, which means strong legs, which means he can anchor a defense. Also did 33 reps.

154 – Kevin Boss - TE - Small school TE who has great size, good hands and good blocking ability.

6th – Craig Dahl - S - Great athlete, may develop as a solid backup, but can be a star special teamer right away

7th – Corey Hilliard – OT/OG - We need depth on the line, Hilliard covers both OT and OG.

7th – Mike Mason – KR - Speedy small school WR who can add a dimension to our return game hopefully.

Our brand new 3-4 defense
LE – Ikaika Alama-Francis
RE – Barry Cofield
NT – Laron Harris
ROLB – Mathias Kiwanuka
LOLB – Zack DeOssie
MLB – Antonio Pierce, Gerris Wilkinson
LCB – Corey Webster
RCB – Josh Wilson
FS – Michael Griffin
SS – Gibril Wilson

Offense
QB – Eli Manning
RB (split backfield) – Brandon Jacobs, Antonio Pittman
TE – Jeremy Shockey
WR – Plaxico Burress
WR – Dwayne Bowe
Slot – Sinorice Moss
LT – Guy Whimper
LG – Dave Deihl
OC - Shaun O’hara
RG – Chris Snee
RT – Kareem McKenzie

Last edited by ricky bobby : 04-03-2007 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Explanations for picks
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Not even deserving of a response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Once I read trade Osi, I just skipped over the rest, lol.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Once I read trade Osi, I just skipped over the rest, lol.
Same exact thing from me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thank God you arent the gm
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and this is why u will have no future in sports management
Old 04-03-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!

Great, positive reviews all around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
and this is why u will have no future in sports management
Nor do I want one.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To salvage the thread, Ricky, give us some insight on why you want guys like DeOssie, Harris, Griffin etc. Break it down.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

or why he wants to trade osi, or start DeOssie
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
To salvage the thread, Ricky, give us some insight on why you want guys like DeOssie, Harris, Griffin etc. Break it down.
DeOssie - 6'5" 250 pound LB who has great athleticism and would fit perfectly in a 3-4 scheme at OLB. Ran a 4.58 forty and put up 26 reps at the combine. Also ran a below 7 second 60 yard shuttle, which is rare for big guys. Also has some good pedigree.

Harris - 6'3" 345 pound sleeper. Was a big recruit but got a bit lazy at Tenn. Transfered to a small school, picked up his work ethic and is a player who is on the rise. Did a backflip at his workout, which means strong legs, which means he can anchor a defense. Also did 33 reps.

Griffin - 6' 205 pounds. Although Demps is servicable, I like young athletic guys. Griffin had a nice career at Texas and had spectacular workouts. I'd like to see him line up opposite of Wilson and make some plays.

Why I traded Osi. I know the Lions need a DE bad and that kind of value would be great to get. We are stacked at DE and I don't think that Osi would make a great 3-4 OLB, unlike most of you guys. He played one year up around 280, and that is the weight he is most productive at.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

ok, yea i know osi wouldnt make a good 3-4 OLB, but one thing, since when are we moving to a 3-4? and if we trade him and put kiwi and OLB, whos playing DE? strahan and tuck? with awasom behind them? scary thoughts
Quote:
Old 04-03-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Not even deserving of a response.
Hahahahaha
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Hahahahaha
Kind of like Ginn in the first round.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

no, ginn in the 1st round makes way more sense(then again, almost everything does) and has a MUCH better shot of happening
Quote:
Old 04-03-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
ok, yea i know osi wouldnt make a good 3-4 OLB, but one thing, since when are we moving to a 3-4? and if we trade him and put kiwi and OLB, whos playing DE? strahan and tuck? with awasom behind them? scary thoughts
Did you read a single thing I wrote? Read the disclaimer and look at my final starting lineups. That will answer your two questions. This isn't a mock draft. It's what I would do if I was a crazed, insane, power hungry GM.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Kind of like Ginn in the first round.
Better than doing all the stuff you mentioned above. Plus from talking to Ralph V. from the daily news he mentioned that while LB seems to be the obvious answer he thinks may we go WR or CB. And we love those speedy wrs, so I wont be suprised if we draft Ginn if he is there. Now, would I like that? No, I actually want a LB, but i guess it depends on who is on the staircase before we pick.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

I don't understand why Number 10 can make a ridiculous prediction like Ginn in round 1, and then back out of his comment by saying..

"The debate is not what you think Reese will do. The debate is what we would and like I have said before, I hate repeating myself time and time again but I guess I have to for certain people to register something, I don't think Reese will draft Ginn."

Then when I post an entire mock of I would, and he says

"Not even deserving of a response."

I dignified your ridiculous predicition with a response, the least you can do is respond to mine.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
I don't understand why Number 10 can make a ridiculous prediction like Ginn in round 1, and then back out of his comment by saying..

"The debate is not what you think Reese will do. The debate is what we would and like I have said before, I hate repeating myself time and time again but I guess I have to for certain people to register something, I don't think Reese will draft Ginn."

Then when I post an entire mock of I would, and he says

"Not even deserving of a response."

I dignified your ridiculous predicition with a response, the least you can do is respond to mine.
And even though I have said that taking Ginn is not a prediction like 50 times, it still has not registered in your mind.

That was one of the worst displays of a mock GM I have ever seen.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 04-03-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

yea ricky, #10 was just saying who he feels we should draft. He wants Ginn, he voiced his opinion and did back it up with some good points. But this is just awful, and then you took a shot at him with the ginn thing? low and pointless
Quote:
Old 04-03-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
And even though I have said that taking Ginn is not a prediction like 50 times, it still has not registered in your mind.

That was one of the worst displays of a mock GM I have ever seen.
Well I discussed why Ginn is a bad option. Could you specifically point out what is wrong with my mock GM.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well I discussed why Ginn is a bad option. Could you specifically point out what is wrong with my mock GM.
You're serious? You really want me to rip that apart? I don't even know if I have the time to because there is so much wrong with it.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 04-03-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
yea ricky, #10 was just saying who he feels we should draft. He wants Ginn, he voiced his opinion and did back it up with some good points. But this is just awful, and then you took a shot at him with the ginn thing? low and pointless
This is how I feel we should draft. I provided reasons for each player. Explain how it's awful. And pardon me for thinking outside the box. If you were the GM, I bet you'd be calling Reese for advice, or Mel Kiper.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You're serious? You really want me to rip that apart? I don't even know if I have the time to because there is so much wrong with it.
Hey man, I took time trying to pound it into your head why Ginn is a bad option. Shoot.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Dude it's impossible. Trading Osi, what would be the cap ramifications? Why would the Lions want Osi? What's their motivation for it?

Antonio Pittman? Why? We have Jacobs-Droughns, and now it's going to be a battle between Ward and Grant. Why waste a pick on another RB?

It's not that you attempted being mock GM, but you kinda went off the wall bro.

Why would a team like TB give up picks? What's their motivation? They are a bad team and need all the picks they can get. It makes no sense for them to trade for our pick. If they got more picks it would benefit them.

You're also banking on the fact Whimper is ready to go this season to cover Eli's blind side..

Too many assumptions, and thats one of the reason why I dont do mock drafts because of it. No one ever indicates who is on the board when they make their picks.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

if i was GM i wouldnt trade a pro bowler once removed who is also 26 for a 2nd round pick. i also wouldnt randomly switch to a 3-4. Trust me there are so many things wrong with this. I would list them all and fix them but i mite miss house and Rutgers women
Quote: