Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-31-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Nightmare Ccenarios for Your Team?

In your opinion, who are the worst picks your team could potentially make in the first round? For New England, I'm thinking something like this:

OT Justin Pugh - Pats like left tackles to convert to other spots, but they don't need to upgrade at right guard enough to reach on someone like Pugh.

OG Kyle Long - Another left tackle who the Patriots could unfortunately like as a right guard conversion prospect; too old to go this high as well.

C Barrett Jones - Ryan Wendell did a great job last year, and I'm not sure that Jones is athletic enough to consistently execute pull/move blocks.

DT Johnathan Hankins - Offers little to nothing as a pass rusher; New England needs more of a three-technique penetrator than another nose tackle.

DT Jesse Williams - Same reasoning as Hankins; Patriots may also value Williams because he is well-versed in Nick Saban's two-gap defensive front.

DE Margus Hunt - Doesn't consistently play up to his athleticism and wasn't incredibly productive; could end up being the NFL's next Adam Carriker.

DE Alex Okafor - A little bit limited in terms of scheme; high character player who may not ever develop into a dynamic pass rushing option at left end.

CB David Amerson - Does not play up to his measurables; looks slow on tape and is one of the draft's weakest tacklers. Not a great cover corner.

CB Jamar Taylor - Allows a little bit too much separation; Patriots love measurables at cornerback, so they could be seduced by his workout numbers.

SS Matt Elam - Could end up being a Bernard Pollard-type player in the NFL, but isn't big or athletic enough to match up in man coverage vs. WRs/TEs.

Last edited by Matthew Jones : 03-31-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Matthew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Add Sylvester Williams to that list.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The players that I see regularly mocked that I'd be angry with...

Jonathan Jenkins
Johnathan Hankins
Margus Hunt
Old 03-31-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
I think he'd be alright, at least comparatively. I think he'd be a better pick in the 40s than in the first round, though.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post

Jonathan Jenkins
Johnathan Hankins
Margus Hunt
I don't disagree with any of those from the perspective of a San Francisco fan, but who are 49ers fans looking for? Personally, I'd be hoping for someone like Johnthan Banks, realistically speaking.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I think he'd be alright, at least comparatively. I think he'd be a better pick in the 40s than in the first round, though.
I want Desmond Trufant.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I want Desmond Trufant.
I agree, but I really don't think he'll be available. A cornerback with measurables, intangibles, experience, and bloodlines will probably go too high, possibly around #13 (Tampa Bay) or maybe to a team like the Giants at #19.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can never have enough good offensive lineman. As of right now the Pats haven't much success running the football against good defenses. If Dante thinks that Pugh or Long are good enough to take at 28, I'd trust him with his track record. Considering Connolly and/or Mankins may not be long for this team considering their contracts both exceed their recent performance, a cheap young guard may not be a bad choice in the first round.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would hate Shariff Floyd going 1st overall to KC. Absolutely hate it.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
You can never have enough good offensive lineman. As of right now the Pats haven't much success running the football against good defenses. If Dante thinks that Pugh or Long are good enough to take at 28, I'd trust him with his track record. Considering Connolly and/or Mankins may not be long for this team considering their contracts both exceed their recent performance, a cheap young guard may not be a bad choice in the first round.
I think Mankins played well last year. Connolly is only average but now that Vollmer has been re-signed for four years, I'd rather try Marcus Cannon at right guard if Connolly plays poorly, rather than bypassing Cannon for a first-round guard when there are more pressing needs at more important positions. I have Pugh rated as a second-round guy, and Kyle Long may be a third-rounder for me given his age, inexperience, and the fact that he's taller than you'd like a zone-blocking guard to be. I also think letting Donald Thomas walk suggests that New England is happy with their current guard play.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't disagree with any of those from the perspective of a San Francisco fan, but who are 49ers fans looking for? Personally, I'd be hoping for someone like Johnthan Banks, realistically speaking.
Top needs are

* an heir to Justin Smith
* HWS upgrade at CB
* replacement for Goldson

Pretty much any position could be selected if Baalke sees the player as clearly BPA.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Top needs are

* an heir to Justin Smith
* HWS upgrade at CB
* replacement for Goldson

Pretty much any position could be selected if Baalke sees the player as clearly BPA.
What about Jesse Williams? Not the pass rusher Justin Smith is, but has the bulk/anchor/strength/length to occupy blockers and free up Aldon Smith off the edge.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Mankins played well last year. Connolly is only average but now that Vollmer has been re-signed for four years, I'd rather try Marcus Cannon at right guard if Connolly plays poorly, rather than bypassing Cannon for a first-round guard when there are more pressing needs at more important positions. I have Pugh rated as a second-round guy, and Kyle Long may be a third-rounder for me given his age, inexperience, and the fact that he's taller than you'd like a zone-blocking guard to be. I also think letting Donald Thomas walk suggests that New England is happy with their current guard play.
Can't say I agree with the Mankins statement. The Pats rushing offense was at its best in the weeks where Thomas started in place of the injured Mankins, and Mankins really struggled in pass protection early in the season especially against Arizona. He definitely has not lived up to his contract since he signed it.

Nonetheless guard is the worst spot on the line, and they haven't had a lot of success running against good defenses. In the losses this past season to Baltimore x2, Arizona, San Fran, and Seattle they averaged almost 53 passing attempts in those games. They would abandon the run after the first half and start turning the ball over by forcing the ball through the air in the 2nd half.

By adding another good guard they would solidify a spot that could really use some help. I'm not sold on Cannon, and I don't think he's a great fit at guard for us anyways. If Dante thinks that Pugh or Long are worthy of a 1st round pick it would be hard to argue with the selection considering his track record. I prefer Long because I'm not sure if Pugh can get enough push in the run game to have first round upside, but I definitely think guard is a very legitimate position of need for this team.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Jonathan Jenkins
Johnathan Hankins
Margus Hunt
Add Zach Ertz and Johnathan Banks and that about wraps it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manti Teo for the Giants. I just don't want any part of him at all.

And Werner as well. Not a huge Werner fan. Or Montgomery.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Biggest disaster for the Jets would be if they take any QB in the 1st, potentially awful if they take one in the 2nd if its not Geno or Barkley.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I hear "scenario" I think along the lines of certain players being gone. For my 49ers, the nightmare scenario for me would be all the DL's and DB's I like being gone by picks 31 and 34. I don't think all the d linemen I like will be gone... I like Williams, Jones, and Short around that area. The top d backs will most assuredly be gone by then... Truant, Rhodes, and Vacarro. I wouldn't mind trading up into the 20's for one of those DB's if the price were right. If we stick with 31 and 34 I guess I'd want one of those linemen and probably Cyprien at this point.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Can't say I agree with the Mankins statement. The Pats rushing offense was at its best in the weeks where Thomas started in place of the injured Mankins, and Mankins really struggled in pass protection early in the season especially against Arizona. He definitely has not lived up to his contract since he signed it.

Nonetheless guard is the worst spot on the line, and they haven't had a lot of success running against good defenses. In the losses this past season to Baltimore x2, Arizona, San Fran, and Seattle they averaged almost 53 passing attempts in those games. They would abandon the run after the first half and start turning the ball over by forcing the ball through the air in the 2nd half.

By adding another good guard they would solidify a spot that could really use some help. I'm not sold on Cannon, and I don't think he's a great fit at guard for us anyways. If Dante thinks that Pugh or Long are worthy of a 1st round pick it would be hard to argue with the selection considering his track record. I prefer Long because I'm not sure if Pugh can get enough push in the run game to have first round upside, but I definitely think guard is a very legitimate position of need for this team.
I agree that Mankins hasn't lived up to his contract, but nonetheless we are committed to him for two or three more years. $7.2 million of his $10 million cap number is guaranteed this year, $8 million of his $10.5 million is guaranteed in 2014, and whether or not the Patriots are willing to eat $4 million of his $11 million cap figure for 2015 will depend on how he plays in the next couple of years. I think we can mark him down as the starting left guard for at least 2013 and 2014, with the possibility of sticking around for 2015 if he's willing to accept a reduced salary or if his play improves.

That leaves only the right guard spot potentially open, and I think based on Cannon's combination of size, athleticism, and versatility, we should at least see what we have in him before thinking about using a premium pick at the position, especially because we know we have Dan Connolly as a decent fallback option. I don't doubt that a player like Pugh could be successful under Dante Scarnecchia, but being able to evaluate and develop offensive linemen successfully doesn't mean that the Patriots should abandon their efforts to find long-term solutions at wide receiver, defensive end, or cornerback, where we don't really have a lot of certainty (no proven complement to Amendola on roster, Ninkovich and Talib entering contract years.)

I'd be more receptive to a later investment, but I think Scarnecchia has a lot to work with in Cannon; Belichick also recently claimed that Cannon has "improved tremendously as a player" and has the potential to become a starter.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
fatso
Rookie

fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Besides his age, what don't you like about Sylvester? JW, because I'm a fan of his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Manti Teo for the Giants. I just don't want any part of him at all.

And Werner as well. Not a huge Werner fan. Or Montgomery.
Weird. I've been thinking all along if he slipped to you guys Werner would be the perfect fit. What don't you like?
fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatso View Post
Besides his age, what don't you like about Sylvester? JW, because I'm a fan of his.

Weird. I've been thinking all along if he slipped to you guys Werner would be the perfect fit. What don't you like?
Just a personal preference of mine. When it comes to pass rushers, I want physical specimens. Guys who have long arms, and great speed. Doesn't have to be JPP but I want a good body on em. I much rather have Tank than Werner. Werner doesn't have elite physical tools.

Montgomery is slow off the line. So he's no bueno to me.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I would hate Shariff Floyd going 1st overall to KC. Absolutely hate it.
All of this but 3rd to Oak

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barkevious Mingo to the Bills would be nightmare scenario for me

Throw in Kenny Vacarro. Thats pretty much it. The bills roster is so terrible that any direction they go in i'll be okay with. Those two are really the only ones. I also wouldn't want a first round QB but after the Kolb signing I wouldn't expect that
gonzo1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Ravens I'm going to go with Ogletree. ILB is a need and Baltimore could use an injection of speed/athleticism at that position but I don't think he fits there at all.

Eric Reid is another prospect I'm not particularly fond of. He would be playing SS for the Ravens and I like him better there than FS but there are other players I like more for them.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeBrown133
Rookie

BuckeyeBrown133 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Browns: Draft a QB. There are about four guys I'd be happy with Cleveland drafting at 6 (Jordan, Ansah, Jones, Milliner), and I know them taking a QB is highly unlikely, but I'm still scared. :(
BuckeyeBrown133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going to go with "a bad draft."