Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > NFL Forum Mock > Forum Mock Archive

Old 04-13-2013, 11:59 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens looking to move up. Get at me.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it makes much sense to punish someone for being asleep at 11:30, especially when the clock is supposed to last for one hour if you haven't been notified.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:03 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PF28 is doing a killer job with the Chiefs so far I must say. If the real draft played out the same way and we got Fisher and Tyler Wilson I'd be so happy.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I don't think it makes much sense to punish someone for being asleep at 11:30, especially when the clock is supposed to last for one hour if you haven't been notified.
Yeah I guess, although he does know that we draft till 12 and like you said he hasn't been here to even check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:07 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People have life's and responsibilities other than a online forum mock, give him an hour in the morning if he doesn't pick then it will get resolved.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
Amari Cooper or Melvin Gordon Please
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:08 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
And since its still in my Notepad and relevant to what you're talking about:

2012:
Min #3 (2200)
for
Cle #4 (1800), #118 (58), #139 (36.5), #211 (7)
298.5 difference

TB #5 (1700)
for
Jac #7 (1500), #101 (96)
104 difference

SEA #12 (1200), #172 (22.6)
for
Phi #15 (1050), #114 (66)
106.6 difference

So of the 7 qualifying round 1 draft day trades (there were 8 total but as I said I didn't count the rams-skins bc I don't have a chart for future picks), 3 of them were off by over 100 (that's an early 4th round pick fyi).

Just for future reference, chart = general guideline, not followed exactly for every trade ever. I think the dynamic value of draft picks is one of the things that makes the draft so interesting, and to force people to stick to some archaic chart with static values is taking away a lot from the experience.
Your first trade I rejected had a difference of 400 points. Once again you make a poor case.

I know you don't wanna drop it, but don't worry. I'll have an answer back for everything you say. I'm more stubborn than you when it comes to stuff like this.

Last edited by D-Unit : 04-14-2013 at 12:14 AM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:13 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
I ******* sent my board in. Warford wasn't even on it.

EDIT: Ugh, why wasn't D-Unit here..
Sorry bro. It wasn't a secret that I would be out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
OK, I'm leaving. Camping with the fam bam!

Matthew Jones and Broth will take over tonight. Tomorrow P-L said he would handle it. PM your trades for approval to any of these 3 people and copy me in the PM. I will be checking periodically from my phone.

If a pick needs to be skipped, text me at:

I'll jump on for that.

Clock stops at Midnight EST. Tomorrow it begins at Noon and ends at Midnight EST.

Peace. +rep my Draft Show comments if you like them. Not getting any feedback about them so I'm unsure about continuing that effort.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
People have life's and responsibilities other than a online forum mock, give him an hour in the morning if he doesn't pick then it will get resolved.
I had no idea people had other responsibilities, thank you for this magnificent insight. Everybody else had 30 minutes today, some were skipped, and they will get over it.

Quote:
Old 04-14-2013, 12:18 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
I had no idea people had other responsibilities, thank you for this magnificent insight. Everybody else had 30 minutes today, some were skipped, and they will get over it.
I gotta admit. I was a bit hesitant on being so tough with the time limit rules. I've been a part of mocks that give guys 2 hour clocks. But everyone seems to have adjusted to it for the most part with out too much heartache and the progress was excellent!

Props to Rop, PL and Broth!
Old 04-14-2013, 12:23 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kinda building for 2014 I guess because there is no way I'm putting Geno behind my line

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Great progress today with the 30 minute rule. We got 42 picks in today compared to only 30 for day 1.

Quote:
Old 04-14-2013, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Your first trade I rejected had a difference of 400 points. Once again you make a poor case.

I know you don't wanna drop it, but don't worry. I'll have an answer back for everything you say. I'm more stubborn than you when it comes to stuff like this.
And the Vikings trade back with the browns last year had a difference of 300, so what? The 2nd trade you vetoed only had a difference of 100. Taking away trades that aren't super close to the chart is taking away one of the most fascinating aspects of the draft, nothing you say will change that.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:43 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
With the way you and Robcards have been posting on this it doesn't seem like you do. He had 20 mins left and it was probably near midnight where he lives. Your welcome for the insight, this is your first forum mock right?

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
Amari Cooper or Melvin Gordon Please
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
With the way you and Robcards have been posting on this it doesn't seem like you do. He had 20 mins left and it was probably near midnight where he lives. Your welcome for the insight, this is your first forum mock right?
It's called an Iphone, it's not that hard to check in once and in a while and get a rough estimate of when your pick will be up. But being a Raider fan you might be using one of Al Davis's telegram machines or carrier pigeons to send your picks in so I can see where multitasking would not be possible.

Quote:
Old 04-14-2013, 01:04 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
And the Vikings trade back with the browns last year had a difference of 300, so what? The 2nd trade you vetoed only had a difference of 100. Taking away trades that aren't super close to the chart is taking away one of the most fascinating aspects of the draft, nothing you say will change that.
300 is less than 400. You continue to fail at making a valid point.

Furthermore, in a forum mock where fantasy GMs have no where near the investment that real life GMs have, there is an easy propensity for posters to get carried away with silly trades because they simply don't have the same amount of care.

You might see a crazy trade once in a while in real life, but if you don't have limits in an online forum mock like this, then the wheels fall off completely. I've been a part of those mocks and it's a terrible experience. Since this is your first one, you haven't really experienced that yet. I mean those can be REAAALLY fun, but in the end you have a bunch of guys that have a completely ridiculous team at the end of it. The kind of review you get is... "I would LOVE to see our team do that, but it won't happen in a million years." Is that what you want to see at the end of this? It's not what I want to see.

Sure this is all completely fantasmic, but the effort is definitely there in trying to prevent chaos. If you open it up for one, then you open it up for all... and that's a recipe for forum mock disaster.

I've been there before bro. I've made deals with other owners and I've gotten far better and sometimes worse value, but my deals were rejected because of this draft value chart that even I admit is outdated and not followed exactly. It is what it is and it's being implemented in this mock.

Maybe I could've been more clear about that in the start. I forgot how many new guys were in this. I volunteered to start it up cause people were asking, others who've run it in the past couldn't commit the time, and I thought I could run a simple version with a few of my own tweaks. I didn't start this up with a huge rule list because I ignorantly thought most of the guys who would be GMs pretty much knew the script. I'm learning though. The next time, I'll have better clarity about the rules before hand. I remember I used to have a rule that teams couldn't make more than 3 or 4 trades. Teams normally don't have that many trades. I should've done that this time. Oh well. Looks like you get to take advantage of that. How many do you have so far? Even after your rejected ones?
Old 04-14-2013, 01:11 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm liking it so far :)

7. Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
47. Kevin Minter, LB, LSU
69. Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama

Still looking to dump Hoyer off on someone, he's most likely better than your backup, Lindley can be had too...if you're into that sort of thing

Last edited by fenikz : 04-14-2013 at 01:15 AM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I'm liking it so far :)

7. Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
47. Kevin Minter, LB, LSU
69. Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
Yeah that looks pretty good, I hope you do worse in the real thing.

Quote:
Old 04-14-2013, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More than I would have if bucfan simply traded for Revis, I had to try to get the picks the jets will likely have in real life somehow. 5 trades in total including the Revis trade. I don't think that's unrealistic at all for a rebuilding team that ends up with 2 top10 picks without big needs at those positions. Maybe my perception is skewed because my jets always make a lot of draft trades, shrug.

Yes I wish you had simply layed out the rules beforehand, this was my first forum mock. I thought the fact that I asked for clarity on bucfan offering a trade and me accepting it and then backing out was a dead giveaway. I also didn't even consider taking a player I didn't need with the intention of trading them until raiders did it and you didn't say anything hinting that it wasn't allowed.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
It's called an Iphone, it's not that hard to check in once and in a while and get a rough estimate of when your pick will be up. But being a Raider fan you might be using one of Al Davis's telegram machines or carrier pigeons to send your picks in so I can see where multitasking would not be possible.
Aye, I've been on my phone all day I have this page bookmarked.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:58 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
More than I would have if bucfan simply traded for Revis, I had to try to get the picks the jets will likely have in real life somehow. 5 trades in total including the Revis trade. I don't think that's unrealistic at all for a rebuilding team that ends up with 2 top10 picks without big needs at those positions. Maybe my perception is skewed because my jets always make a lot of draft trades, shrug.

Yes I wish you had simply layed out the rules beforehand, this was my first forum mock. I thought the fact that I asked for clarity on bucfan offering a trade and me accepting it and then backing out was a dead giveaway. I also didn't even consider taking a player I didn't need with the intention of trading them until raiders did it and you didn't say anything hinting that it wasn't allowed.
Stop being such a little *****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:00 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Stop being such a little *****.
Thanks for your input but if it keeps getting brought up I will keep responding and I don't really care what you think.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:05 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offering picks 102 and 120 to move up so if anyone is looking to move down get at me.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:19 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Old 04-14-2013, 04:38 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

Dude, Tampa Bay trading for Revis isn't set in stone. What la la land do you live in?

So you've already made 5 trades in one offseason yet you can't get over the one that was rejected? I guarantee you the Jets won't be making 5 trades before the draft has finished Round 3. Stop being ridiculous and try to claim we aren't being realistic. Look in the mirror.

...and you know you are being ridiculous. You were constantly talking about trading down for more picks... "the Jets have room for 16 rookies blah blah blah", harping on the point that you're building up depth. Then the next thing I hear from MJ is you want to use multiple picks to trade up. You're just clowning this process.

Bucfan might have offered you a trade, but he didn't send me any PM about it. Technicallly, he didn't back out of anything.

It's your own fault that you took a player that you didn't want because you had some shady intent to get another team to give you a deal you couldn't broker before hand. If you didn't expect any chance of that backfiring, then you played the fool. You should've expected the risk.

There isn't a rule against it. If there was, you wouldn't have been able to trade Milliner. But you did right? What'd you think? That you could do that for every pick? So you can stop trying to play... "He did it, why couldn't I?" You saw that it happened for the Raiders and you did it yourself. But to expect that you could constantly do that is laughable. Even without it going through people were already asking WTF is going on with the draft 'n trade moves that were going on. You think I would've continued to allow it?

So it wasn't just 1 reason why your trade was rejected. It was several. Now one more mention of this trade and you might force me to to kick you out of this mock. You've already tried to say everything you can about it and you can only blame yourself. Move on.

Last edited by D-Unit : 04-14-2013 at 05:07 AM.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:23 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a psycho "friend" so if i die, I give rams gm honors to PF28.