Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-30-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Urlacher

What does he have left?
Who wants him?

Thru 3/4 of the season last year, Da Bearz had a fine defense and he was in the middle of it.

He's clearly lost a step, and had some injuries lately.

Is he done?
Who, if anyone, might bite?

Anyone here want him?
Could he surprise, and add a spark with some hunger, veteran leadership?

I'm curious here, especially NFC Norris fans who are very familiar with him and his recent form.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Before the anti Urlacher patrol chimes in, I'll just say that before last season, he was still one of the best MLB's in the league. Slowing down, but still pretty awesome. Then he hurt his knee, missed the preseason, and played like crap for the majority of 2012. But the thing with injuries is that sometimes they heal. And, while it's unlikely a 35 year old is going to bounce back completely, odds are pretty good that he'll be better than he was in 2012. So as a Bears fan, I'm disappointed we didn't bring him back on the chance that his play can resemble what it did in 2011. Hinting that he should retire based on one bad season is beyond ridiculous. I think he'd make a nice, cheap signing for some team.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks ChiFan, That's what I was looking for.
I thought he was pretty good before last year still.
And if healthy, I wonder if the chip on his shoulder plus the hunger for a ring, could get him back to AT LEAST that 2011 level.

Anyone have the premium PFF info that shows tackling and all those things?
Old 03-30-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I think it's time for him to retire. He's been really good, but for what I've heard he's been having trouble with injuries and whatnot.

At his age, he won't be able to be relied on as a starter. I don't think a player of his caliber should be a backup, especially at the price he will command (because of some stupid team).

The question you have to ask yourself is "Will he be healthy in the post season?"
Old 03-30-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think someone would be wise to pick him up after the draft. He is old and doesn't have much left, but I think he can still hold his own in the center of a defense.

From what i've heard though, he wants a ton of money that he is not going to get.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Thanks ChiFan, That's what I was looking for.
I thought he was pretty good before last year still.
And if healthy, I wonder if the chip on his shoulder plus the hunger for a ring, could get him back to AT LEAST that 2011 level.

Anyone have the premium PFF info that shows tackling and all those things?
PFF pretty much backs up what ChiFan said. He was still playing well in 2010 and 2011, then just fell off a cliff last year.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:05 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that I'm drunk and emotional, I'll add that people suck for not acknowledging how awesome he has been. Bears fans included. He should be a first ballot Hall of Famer.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:58 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Now that I'm drunk and emotional, I'll add that people suck for not acknowledging how awesome he has been. Bears fans included. He should be a first ballot Hall of Famer.
This undrunk Packer fans agrees with that.

In fact, I'd like to see a statistical breakdown side by side sometime of the work of Urlacher compared to Ray Lewis.
Tackles, Ints, fumbles forced, tackles for losses, sacks, as well as missed tackles, etc.

Happy EasTer to all the believers out there!
Old 03-31-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think he would be a force for some team even if it is just as a leader. However, veterans are having a hard time accepting a much smaller pay day in the new NFL with a flat cap. He'll be a very interesting pick up for some team.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I still think he would be a force for some team even if it is just as a leader. However, veterans are having a hard time accepting a much smaller pay day in the new NFL with a flat cap. He'll be a very interesting pick up for some team.
He wants to play really badly... he'll take a big paycut. If he feels healthy.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where does he fit?

Who runs a 4-3 that needs a MIKE who excels in defending the seam?
Old 04-01-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think Minnesota is the best option, but someone like Pittsburgh,Baltimore or Denver might make sense too. A contender with a MLB hole. All of them have a DL that can keep blockers off of him too.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Where does he fit?

Who runs a 4-3 that needs a MIKE who excels in defending the seam?
Well your MIKE is Dan Conner at the moment....
Old 04-01-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants aren't taking him. If they wanted him they would have signed him already.

Urlacher wouldn't look right in a Giants uniform either. And I was never a huge Urlacher fan but that's a different story.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the right deal I could see the Jets looking at him or Dansby.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Second worst rate of missed tackles for all MLBs last season. Not sure how injuriezzz factor into not being able to tackle anymore, unless they made him into a ***** who's afraid of contact.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:36 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Second worst rate of missed tackles for all MLBs last season. Not sure how injuriezzz factor into not being able to tackle anymore, unless they made him into a ***** who's afraid of contact.
Then what do you suggest made him suddenly turn into a bad player, after years of being a very, very good player? I mean, you can disagree that he can bounce back, I guess, but the reason his drop off in play was so sudden seems incredibly straightforward.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Then what do you suggest made him suddenly turn into a bad player, after years of being a very, very good player? I mean, you can disagree that he can bounce back, I guess, but the reason his drop off in play was so sudden seems incredibly straightforward.
Everyone has an expiration date. This season, he wasn't able to tackle even before he got worn down/injured. He's almost 35 and has a ton of miles on him. Would it really be all that shocking for him to just have no gas left in the tank?

There are countless examples of good players dropping off of a cliff and being done. It happens...a LOT. Keep in mind that we're talking about a guy who's been playing some level of tackle football since 1988 or so.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:01 AM    (permalink
fatso
Rookie

fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's slow as molasses now. Maybe he was just injured, but his speed is the huge difference I see.

And I agree with you he should be a first ballot HOF'er. It's just pretty obvious (at least season) his speed has diminished. Speed is huge in the NFL.
fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Urlacher was always great bc of his speed. He always struggled shedding blocks and was never a thumper by any means. So unlike Ray Lewis, who changed his game as he aged and became more of a thumper, Urlacher can't do the same to prolong his career.

And bc of this, Urlacher is also limited by scheme. He cant play in a 3-4. So he's really in a tough situation. His value has greatly diminished unless he can show he still has enough speed combined with his instincts to still be productive.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Urlacher was always great bc of his speed. He always struggled shedding blocks and was never a thumper by any means. So unlike Ray Lewis, who changed his game as he aged and became more of a thumper, Urlacher can't do the same to prolong his career.

And bc of this, Urlacher is also limited by scheme. He cant play in a 3-4. So he's really in a tough situation. His value has greatly diminished unless he can show he still has enough speed combined with his instincts to still be productive.
Good post.

My first thought was he needs to go to a 3-4 team where his lack of speed can be hidden. But he sucks at shedding blocks.

It's hard for me to even see a place for him to be a rotational player.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Urlacher, and Woodson, still out of work...... and Jason Hanson. Donald Driver.
The NFC North old guys are done?

Someone will sign Woodson.
I think Urlacher gets an offer from someone too.....