Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-07-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Do, Don't and a Surprise

Team: Oakland Raiders

Who do you want your team to draft.
Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah - I have been a fan of Lotulelei for the past year, this is the type of player that is a building block for a young team... Raiders do run a base 4-3 but Dennis Allen likes to mix it up on the front 7... Star could play multiple positions on the d-line and make the players around him better.

Who don't you want your team to draft.
Geno Smith, QB, West Virgina - I don't dislike Geno Smith like many others but with the Raiders trading for Matt Flynn and with so many holes on the defense, I rather not use the #3 pick on a QB.

Who could be the surprise pick? something we don't see in a lot of mocks or maybe you heard something, somewhere and its got you thinking.
Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan - Raiders are set at left tackle with Jared Veeldheer but there has been some talk among fans with his recent bulking up like the Incredible Hulk, he could be getting ready for a switch to the right side. Also Jared Veeldheer was asked on twitter if he would be ok with moving to the right side, he responded by saying, "Anything to help the team win"

what about your team, whats going on?
Old 04-07-2013, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets

Want to draft?
Ansah or Mingo. IMO they are fairly far ahead of the rest in terms of pass rush ability. I don't really care about Jordan's versatility, coverage skills and measurables. We need guys who can get at the qb without rushing 7 guys, and Ansah and Mingo are the only guys id feel comfortable with winning 1 on 1s. A trade back and taking Jarvis jones if Ansah and Mingo are gone.

Don't want to draft?
Dion Jordan, as stated above I don't care about my OLB's coverage skills he'd be rushing pretty much every play in our scheme. Not a good fit.
Tavon Austin or Cordarelle Patterson. We don't need a WR until next year, and the Jets should get the Bucs 2014 1st for Revis so just wait a year and get Lee or Watkins.

Surprise pick?
Geno Smith. If he's there at 9 I'm not sure the jets would pass on him.
Dee Milliner. Wilson is probably better suited as a slot corner so if Milliner falls to 9 I could see the Jets taking him, assuming the Revis trade of course.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Team: Patriots

A WR. There's plenty to choose from in the 2nd. I would hate for them to wait until the 3rd (or later) and end up with another practice squad player. Our failure to draft and develop any WRs over the past six plus years has caught up.

Another CB who can't cover. Frankly, it's depressing watching our DBs play. I'm no football genius, but I'm pretty sure the goal shouldn't be to allow the receiver to catch the ball first and then tackle him.

Who could be the surprise pick? something we don't see in a lot of mocks or maybe you heard something, somewhere and its got you thinking.

After last year's pick of Tavon Wilson in the 2nd (48), nothing the Patriots can do will surprise me any longer
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans

I want:
Bjoern Werner. It might just be my German heritage, but the Germanator is my dude in this draft. Of course that means the Titans will not draft him.

I don't want:
Jonathan Cooper. I've seen this guy picking up a lot of steam in professional and amateur mocks alike. I just don't like him over Warmack, and I don't like his value at 10 over guys like Warford, Long, Thomas, or Jones in the second or third. Especially since the Titans have signed Levitre, Turner, and Spencer so far this offseason.

Possible surprise:
Cordarrelle Patterson or Tavon Austin. The Titans have been very interested in WR all offseason. They've tried to trade Nate Washington, Kenny Britt is a speeding ticket away from a life sentence in jail (and a free agent after this year), and Munchak has proven he believes in a more wide open offensive attack than Jeff Fisher so it's entirely possible the Titans could go the wideout route.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Team: New England Patriots

A playmaking WR. I would love a WR that can aid our offense by bringing a vertical threat (Austin, Wheaton, Hopkins ).... or a guy that will allow us to have some mismatches on the outside (Allen, Hunter). A WR core of Amendola, Jenkins, and Donald Jones won't allow us to compete with Denver in the AFC.

Hankins or Jesse Williams in the first. I would flip out if this were to happen.

Wheaton in the first, Jonathon Cooper if he were to fall, Cyprien in the first if they feel he can be that ballhawk in the secondary. Adrian Wilson and Tavon Wilson are best served in the box.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears

Want

Jonathan Cooper or Chance Warmack

The dream scenario would be for one of the top interior OLmen to fall and immediately step in and start.

Don't Want

Manti Te'o

Just NO.

Surprise

Cordarrelle Patterson or Tavon Austin

It would not shock me if Phil Emery added one of the dynamic speed options if he fell to them. Emery loves to talk about weapons and while the Bears WR core is big they could use elite speed.
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seattle

No first round pick so talking 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Want Kyle Long. I like his toughness and versatility to play both G and T.

Don't want. jonathon Hanlins or some other big DT just because he is.

Surprise. Ryan Swope. I'd love a 4.3 guy who could alternate between the slot and out wide. They have Percy but Rice has some wear on the tires and Tate is a ####up if you aske me.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Team: New York Jets

Barkevious Mingo - Let me start by saying that i'm not sold on Mingo. However, given our draft spot and the 3-4 OLB class, i like his potential the best. I feel comfortable with him making the transition to the position, think he has the athletic ability to do it out of the guys who will be available to us.

Dion Jordan - I would prefer him to Mingo, based primarily on his versatility. I think he is a worse pass rusher, but has the tools to improve. His body type looks like it can add size, and he has long arms. He likely won't be around, but if he is I hope he is the pick.

Ziggy Ansah - I honestly feel like this would be a big project, much more similar to Vernon Gholston than is being discussed. He is a great athlete who measured out well, but moving to 3-4 OLB would be a big change. I see this selection a lot, and it worries me.

Jarvis Jones - I don't like him at #9. I don't see the body or athletic ability to make an impact. Add his medical, and I don't see it worthwhile at #9.

Tavon Austin - This would be very high for someone of his size, however the Jets offense is basically void of playmakers. Yes Hill has potential, but you definitely can't count on him yet. Yes, Holmes is back. He is solid but not a long-term answer and not necessarily a big playmaker anymore. Kerley is solid, but not a gamebreaker. Tavon Austin would instantly bring some playmaking to the team, something the roster is lacking.
Cordarrelle Patterson is the more likely selection though, given he has the size to be a #1 later on.

Star Lotulelei - If he falls they may have him as their best player on the board. He could help fill at NT, and also be very effective at DT in a 4-3. Rex loves his DL and if he is the best player on the board it could happen.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Last edited by The Great Jonathan Vilma : 04-07-2013 at 12:23 PM.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RAVENS

I want: Arthur Brown

Obviously we have a need at ILB (though it's not quite as dire as some would believe) and Arthur is by far the my highest rated player at a position of need and he could realistically be available. It's not even that I want an ILB that much, I just want Arthur. Some may doubt his size in a 34 but we've seen guys who were perceived as 43 guys only like D-Wash, Sean Lee, Bruce Carter, etc. have a lot of success playing 34 ILB. His speed inside would give us something we haven't really had since Ray wasn't old.

Do not want:
Manti Te'o/Kevin Minter

Yes, ILB is a need but it's also not a premium position. I just don't think there's much of a difference between these two and someone they could find at the end of the 2nd or even 3rd round. Ozzie and staff has also had a lot of success finding productive ILB's later on in the draft. I wouldn't be throwing the remote if they picked one them but both these guys strike me as solid 2nd values so I would be disappointed if we forced them in at 32.

Surprise: Terron Armstead

Bryant McKinnie is a free agent and even if he returns he'll only be a one year stop gap. Although he is competent on the left side, we all know The Blindside is much better off at RT and a free agent next year anyway. Although if we drafted him I expect we'd try to bring him along slowly, Armstead has legit left tackle length and athleticism and could be the answer at a potential need area.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Team: New York Giants

I want Ziggy Ansah, but he won't be available. My next choice is Xavier Rhodes. We need another CB for the future and he's the best bump and run guy in the draft. If he's not there, Arthur Brown, Tank Carradine, Oggletree, Fluker, Warmack, Cooper, Richardson, Vaccaro, basically we have a ton of options.

Manti Teo. Please God. No. Don't want him at all. He's not even a great player. Always has been overrated.

Tavon Austin. The whole Cruz situation is not settled, and there's a good chance we can't resign both Cruz and Nicks to long term contracts. Austin is a playmaker who can play the slot for us in case we lose Cruz or don't think we can keep him for the foreseeable future.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chargers:

Want:
Barkevious Mingo/Star Lotutlelei: While OL may be our biggest need, we need to get an impact player with this pick and that seems to be only defensive players at this point in the draft. Dont think OG willl make a big enough impact for this high of a pick and OT there's probably nobody good enough to be worth the pick, so go either pass rush, or plain BPA respectively with these two guys. Mingo is a guy who has elite pass rush potential, and can come in right away and be a pass rush specialist, working his way to being a starter. Star is a stud on the field, he's been cleared medically so if he drops this far, i would REALLY love to see him come in and make one of the best young DL's in the league with Liuget/Reyes/Star.

DO NOT WANT:
Lane Johnson: This guy just has never impressed me. He's a great athlete with a good mean streak, but thats all i see. His playing strength is really bad, and he really isn't as good as expected in pass protection as you would expect, if you get a guy who can match him off the ball, or has anything that resembles a bull rush, he will get beat and made look silly. He really just looks like a weaker version of Jason Smith to me...

SURPRISE:
Desmond Trufant: Depending on how our FO sees our CB's, this could easily be a pick. This guy fits our Off man heavy scheme to a T (actually looks on paper very much like Derek Cox who we just picked up). We potentially need a starting CB opposite Cox depending on how we see Shareece Wright and Marcus Gilchrist playing outside. He could be a guy who rises up boards, much like Stephon Gilmore did last year.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
SF Dolphin Fan
Rookie

SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dolphins

Want
Desmond Trufant -- He's a playmaker. Dee Milliner is more solid all-around, but I like Trufant's ability to flip games with turnovers.

Don't Want
Barkevious Mingo -- Love his ability, but I think he's one of the biggest boom/bust players in this draft.

Surprise Pick
Star L. -- Miami is strong at DT, but both Randy Starks and Paul Solai are signed for one year. If a player like Star is there that could be a surprise pick. Cooper is another guy that fits the Dolphins scheme.
SF Dolphin Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Green Bay Packers

Want: Looking at the realistic options, I'd love for the Packers to select Syracuse OT Justin Pugh. I know most don't view him as a left tackle in the NFL, but I believe he can do it and do it very well. Marshall Newhouse is a free agent after this season (hopefully the team allows him to walk), and Derek Sherrod looks like he may never play football again. The protection of Aaron Rodgers the last couple of years has been poor and the blindside protector has been a non-solution to the issue.

Don't Want: Margus Hunt appears to be a "guaranteed" first rounder by many sources, and I pray to God his landing spot his not Green Bay. He possesses all the physical measurements for a guy who could be outstanding, but his tape at SMU is underwhelming for a player with his abilities. Throw in the fact that he is already 26 years old with his raw games, and he doesn't add up to a first round investment.

Surprise: The Packers allowed Greg Jennings to walk in free agency, and following the 2013 season they may be without James Jones and Jermichael Finley as those two head to free agency. One of the positives throughout Aaron's career is that Ted Thompson has always provided him with plenty of weapons to throw to and a receiver may be the direction the team goes in round one. Quinton Patton possesses the skill set Thompson targets in his receivers given his good size, hands, and route running.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AZ

Do: OL/OLB - BPA
Don't: QB/OG
Surprise: Star Lotulelei, should the top 3 OTs and OLBs somehow go before pick 7 I guess I could see star being the pick, Dan Williams is a FA next year and has been constantly injured plus he can rotate in at both DE spots

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh. EVERYBODY hates Margus Hunt but me. And whoever takes him in the 20s because it's going to happen. His tape isn't bad at all WTF AM I MISSING!?!?!?

And it's funny about Te'o. No one wants him either but he's going semi-high (I still don't buy it that he's a lock for the first though). Yikes I just had the thought he might fall to Seattle in the 2nd...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas Cowboys:

Want: Offensive Linemen like Chance Warmack, D.J. Fluker, or Jonathan Cooper.

Do Not Want: Tavon Austin

Surprise Pick: Xavier Rhodes
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Team: Buffalo "Can't Stop, Won't Stop" Bills

Jarvis Jones -OLB-Georgia - I still stand by Javis being the best defensive player in this draft. There is something about players that when you look at their film, they are just constantly making plays when the ball is snapped. Jarvis might not test well, nor have a clean medical sheet but all he has done from high school through Georgia is constantly produce. Elite pass rusher - and we need it damn it!

Ziggy Ansah - DE/OLB-BYU - I was tempted to say either Geno or Nassib but I'll go this way with Ansah. I'm not a believer of Ansah's "potential". I know alot of people think he could be the best pass rusher in this class but I don't see it. I think he is a project that might not ever pan out and that is something the Bills can't afford to take a risk on again. (Maybin)

Cleveland taking Tavon Austin @ 6 - I don't know see it a lot or even talked about but I could see Austin getting taken by the Browns to put their offense at a whole new level. They got flashes of awesomeness from Gordon last season, and if you put Tavon in the slot with Richardson coming out of the backfield, that would be one hell of a weapon show for Weeden. It might also put less pressure on Greg Little to produce, and maybe he would stop dropping balls as well.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
RAVENS

I want: Arthur Brown

Obviously we have a need at ILB (though it's not quite as dire as some would believe) and Arthur is by far the my highest rated player at a position of need and he could realistically be available. It's not even that I want an ILB that much, I just want Arthur. Some may doubt his size in a 34 but we've seen guys who were perceived as 43 guys only like D-Wash, Sean Lee, Bruce Carter, etc. have a lot of success playing 34 ILB. His speed inside would give us something we haven't really had since Ray wasn't old.

Do not want:
Manti Te'o/Kevin Minter

Yes, ILB is a need but it's also not a premium position. I just don't think there's much of a difference between these two and someone they could find at the end of the 2nd or even 3rd round. Ozzie and staff has also had a lot of success finding productive ILB's later on in the draft. I wouldn't be throwing the remote if they picked one them but both these guys strike me as solid 2nd values so I would be disappointed if we forced them in at 32.

Surprise: Terron Armstead

Bryant McKinnie is a free agent and even if he returns he'll only be a one year stop gap. Although he is competent on the left side, we all know The Blindside is much better off at RT and a free agent next year anyway. Although if we drafted him I expect we'd try to bring him along slowly, Armstead has legit left tackle length and athleticism and could be the answer at a potential need area.
It's funny, you and I agree on a lot of guys, but we disagree on Minter. I actually really like Minter and think he'd be a pretty good fit and value for you guys at 32. He might not the BPA, but I think considering the fit and somewhat of a need at ILB, he'd be a good pick.

Or, you guys could draft Steve Beauharnis in the 6th and he'd wreak havoc for you guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
It's funny, you and I agree on a lot of guys, but we disagree on Minter. I actually really like Minter and think he'd be a pretty good fit and value for you guys at 32. He might not the BPA, but I think considering the fit and somewhat of a need at ILB, he'd be a good pick.
I don't dislike Minter and I'd rather have him over Te'o. But with that being said he's a smallish LB who runs 4.8 and it feel like taking him would be taking an ILB just to take an ILB when there a lot of very comparable options who can found later on - especially for a team that thrives at evaluating LB's. I wouldn't be mad if we took him at 32, it would just be a very bleh pick for me.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I don't dislike Minter and I'd rather have him over Te'o. But with that being said he's a smallish LB who runs 4.8 and it feel like taking him would be taking an ILB just to take an ILB when there a lot of very comparable options who can found later on - especially for a team that thrives at evaluating LB's. I wouldn't be mad if we took him at 32, it would just be a very bleh pick for me.
Te'o doesn't fit with the ravens at all, either. Idk, I just kinda like Minter for some reason. A fan of his. See a lot of Antonio Pierce in him.

Trust me on this though, Steve Beauharnis would be a PERFECT fit in Balti, IMO. Not sure how much you've watched him, but I think he'd fit what you guys like in ILB's to a T
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:38 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Trust me on this though, Steve Beauharnis would be a PERFECT fit in Balti, IMO. Not sure how much you've watched him, but I think he'd fit what you guys like in ILB's to a T
Haven't watched him at all but I see he has some extensive highlights on youtube so I shall check him out.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Seattle

No first round pick so talking 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Want Kyle Long. I like his toughness and versatility to play both G and T.
This is pretty much where I'm at, too. Unless Kawann Short falls to them or something, I'd like to get someone to push for that RT spot.

Quote:
Don't want. jonathon Hankins or some other big DT just because he is.
Ditto.

Quote:
Surprise. Ryan Swope. I'd love a 4.3 guy who could alternate between the slot and out wide. They have Percy but Rice has some wear on the tires and Tate is a ####up if you aske me.
I could see this, too. But if I'm going to pick a surprise, it might be that they make a move to take a tight end in this draft. Zach Miller's getting paid a lot of money, but the return they've gotten hasn't been huge, and I could see them trying to find a guy to make a fixture of the Seattle offense, and with a deep TE class I could see them trying to make a move to get a player they want.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
Bears

Want

Jonathan Cooper or Chance Warmack

The dream scenario would be for one of the top interior OLmen to fall and immediately step in and start.

Don't Want

Manti Te'o

Just NO.

Surprise

Cordarrelle Patterson or Tavon Austin

It would not shock me if Phil Emery added one of the dynamic speed options if he fell to them. Emery loves to talk about weapons and while the Bears WR core is big they could use elite speed.
Agree with every one of these. Though I will add that if the Bears stay at 20 and both OGs are gone, Patterson and Austin become my "wants". I think a big surprise could be taking a DT. Sylvester Williams would be a surprise, because the Bears have shown no interest.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets

Who:

Jamie Collins and Quanterus Smith - I like them as developmental guys for Ryan in his D. Collins is an ideal pick in the 2nd, and Smith in the 6-7 range would be a gift.

No:

I would prefer to stay away from Patterson.

Surprise me with:

Austin or a trade down for Cooper...Ace Sanders in the 4-6 range would be cool...Robert Woods or Jamie Collins would be a great surprise in the 3rd.

Last edited by SenorGato : 04-07-2013 at 08:00 PM.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:05 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raiders

Do
Outside pass rusher or plugger in the middle. Dion Jordan or Star Lotulelei will be prime suspects. Ezekial Ansah got a lot of love from Raiders at Senior Bowl and Pro Day. They even took him to a nice steak dinner. No word yet on if he was invited in for a smoke and a cup of coffee afterward. Ideally, the Raiders trade down a couple times picking up multiple Day 2 picks.

Don't
Many here know of my contempt for Sharrif Floyd. The Raiders need to get stout in the middle, and Floyd is anything but stout. He is also redundant with Lamarr Houston, a player whom I am very high on and think much more highly of than Floyd. In my opinion, Floyd's lack of gap integrity will simply accentuate the problems the Raiders have had the past half decade.

Surprise
I could really see either of Eric Fischer or Lane Johnson at this one. You could even see a surprise of Geno Smith--something that could be surprising after trading for Matt Flynn. More surprising than those would be the slim chance Chance Warmack goes #3. McKenzie said it's nice to get a dominant player at his position and Warmack is one of the only surefire *knock on wood* dominant players in this draft. Lastly, I wouldn't be surprised if the Raiders' first draft choice isn't in the top half of the draft. A real surprise would be Raiders drafting after #16.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote