Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-07-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Xs and Os Thread

In this thread, I will post past game breakdowns, which I have accessed from my old computer which was sitting in the basement unplugged for like couple years. I plugged it in and everything works, though a lot of the programs are outdated. However, I found all my football stuff, including my game breakdowns. This thread will be dedicated to the Xs and Os of the football. Mostly, it will do with our team, but new football theory, on both sides of the ball can be talked about regarding NFL. College, and HS.

This will be for die hard fans and casual fans that want to learn more about the sport. I hope people can get something out of the thread and perhaps learn the ins and outs of the game they all enjoy.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To get things started, this is the terminology from the system I coached in. So I use this.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Currently, uploading whatever stuff I have already uploaded. I will do that and then start with breakdowns and such. This is from the Niners current system. The Pistol-read/option. I picked this formation and concept out of the videos I watched.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

When our OL was god like and we led the NFL in rushing. This was a concept called 36 Lead Power. We have a lead concept with power. Excellent play designed taking adv. of our athletic guard and FB. We talk about passing concepts as the sexy Xs and Os that we like to talk about. However, a well designed running play is, in my opinion, just as amazing to see play out.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Gilbride playbook which shows the WR rules for the play, specifically, the choice and option routes associated. In our system, this is what makes our system unlike others in the NFL.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

TB 2007 WC playoff game
Eric from BBI, allowed me to post this in his write up which I have saved.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

This was the NFC Championship game against GB @ GB in 2007. These are the running plays I picked out to document during that game.

Old 04-07-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We pull the RG a lot more than I thought.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

This is SB 42 our offense vs their defense. It's long a pain in the balls to do, upload, and make sure all the pages are there. Now, I remember why I stopped doing these. lol. Damn things are a pain!

Quote:
Superbowl XLII Statistical Summary

Glendale, Arizona 2/3/08 Giants @ Patriots 17-14 Giants Win

Total Different Formations: 24

1 WR set: 2 ( I Pro Double Tight ; I Pro Right, Wing Right)

2 WR set: 7 (I Pro Wing Right ; I Pro Weak Right ; Ace-Double Tight ; I Pro Strong I Left ; I Pro Right ; Strong I Right ; I Pro Left)

3 WR set: 9 ( Ace- Y Trips Left ; I Pro Slot Right ; Ace- Y Trips Right ; Ace- Strong Left, Slot Right ; Pro Twins Left ; Pro Twins Right ; Shotgun – Y Trips Right ; Ace-Singleback TE Right ; Shotgun- Quads Right)

4 WR set: 6 ( Shotgun- Trips Right ; Shotgun- Trips Left; Shotgun-Double Slot Right ; Shotgun- Bunch Left ; Ace – Double Slot ; Shotgun – Double Slot Left)

List of Formations and Frequency used:

1 WR set: 2

I Pro Double Tight: 1
I Pro Right, Wing Right: 1

2 WR set: 7

I Pro Wing Right: 1
I Pro Weak Right: 1
Ace-Double Tight: 7
I Pro Strong I Left: 4
I Pro Right: 2
Strong I Right: 1
I Pro Left: 1
3 WR set: 9

Ace- Y Trips Left: 1
I Pro Slot Right: 1
Ace- Y Trips Right: 1
Ace- Strong Left, Slot Right: 1
Pro Twins Left: 1
Pro Twins Right: 1
Shotgun – Y Trips Right: 1
Ace- Single back TE Right: 1
Shotgun- Quads Right: 1

4 WR set: 6

Shotgun- Trips Right: 4
Shotgun- Trips Left: 8
Shotgun-Double Slot Right: 6
Shotgun- Bunch Left: 2
Ace – Double Slot: 1
Shotgun – Double Slot Left: 2

Blitz Composite:

Quick Stat:

Total number of Blitzes (more then 3 man rushing): 41

Total number of Stunts: 2

In Depth Blitz Breakdown:

Play #:

3 17 36 52 62
4 18 38 53
5 20 39 54
6 21 41 55
10 22 42 56
11 24 44 57
12 29 45 58
13 30 49 59
14 32 50 60
15 33 51 61

Hash:

LH: 7
LM: 5
M: 3
RM: 0
RH: 26

Down & Distance #s:

1st Down: 13

2nd and short: 0

2nd and 5: 1

2nd and long: 12

3rd and short: 1

3rd and 5: 2

3rd and long: 11

Zones:

Red Zone (11-19): 6

Yellow Zone (20 -20): 35

Green Zone (0-10): 0

Front Composite:

Fronts Played by NE:

Odd Front 3-4: 26

Odd Front with something else: 30

Even front with something else: 4

Even Nickel: 2

Hash:

LH: 14
LM: 3
M: 5
RH: 40

Down & Distance #s: (see Front Composite for Techniques played)

1st Down: 24

2nd and short: 2

2nd and 5: 1

2nd and long: 18

3rd and short: 3

3rd and 5: 2

3rd and long: 11

Zones:

Red Zone (11-19): 8

Yellow Zone (20 -20): 53

Green Zone (0-10): 1

Last edited by NY+Giants=NYG : 04-09-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
We pull the RG a lot more than I thought.
I noticed that as well, very interesting
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fascinating leg work NYG....gonna take me a few to totally digest it all but I admire the work
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Thanks man. Yeah it's our offense vs their defense. It shows the pre snap alignment of our offense and defense on each play. It says if they blitzed or not, and has log sheets to make it easier. There is also a front composite that allows the offense to see the various fronts that NE used during the game. So when scouting, you do this for a team, and see various trends. This break down doesn't have it for some reason.

There is usually a Front, Blitz, and Coverage composite. So you examine each one and come up with a viable game plan.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:34 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Gilbride is rather under rated

Was there much difference schematically between our offense under Gilbride and under Hufnagel?
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Play calling right off the bat. OC experience was like night and day. Gilbride executed this established system, while Hufangel was a 1st time OC. In terms of Xs and Os, formations and such seemed to be different. I do know from EA's book, which was posted there was friction with Hufangel. So, I'd sum it up that it's no accident that Eli took off, career wise, once that donkey was fired. He and Tim Lewis never got a NFL coordinator job again.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonna take me awhile to digest all of this. This is great though, I love this stuff.

NYG, I'll probably ask you some dumb questions, so bare with me.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

It's all good BBD. You're my friend. I am currently uploading SB 42, Our D vs the NE offense. So you will like to see Spag's defense ripped apart and broken down by front, coverage and my favorite the blitz composite.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

SB 42: Giants vs Pats 02/04/08, Glendale, Arizona
Our DEFENSE vs Pats Offense

Quote:
Glendale, Arizona 2/3/08 Giants @ Patriots 17-14 Giants Win

NY Giants Defense VS NE Patriots Offense

Blitz Composite:

Quick Stat:

Total number of Blitzes (more then 4 man rushing): 20

Total number of Stunts: 5

In Depth Blitz Breakdown:

Play #:

4 45
6 50
13 53
18 55
20 56
25 57
29 58
33 61
35 68
40 70

Hash:

LH: 12
LM: 0
RH: 5

Down & Distance #s:

1st Down: 10

2nd and short: 3

2nd and 5: 0

2nd and long: 3

3rd and short: 1

3rd and 5: 1

3rd and long: 2

Zones:

Red Zone (11-19): 1

Yellow Zone (20 -20): 16

Green Zone (0-10): 3

Front Composite:

Fronts Played by NYG:

Even Front 4-3: 21

Odd Front with something else: 4

Even front with something else: 2

Even Nickel: 28

Even Dime: 18

Hash:

LH: 45
LM: 1
RH: 24

Down & Distance #s: (see Front Composite for Techniques played)

1st Down: 30

2nd and short: 5

2nd and 5: 2

2nd and long: 20

3rd and short: 6

3rd and 5: 1

3rd and long: 8

4th and long: 2

Zones:

Red Zone (11-19): 9

Yellow Zone (20 -20): 55

Green Zone (0-10): 9

Coverage Composite:

Cover 0: 6

Cover 1: 15

Cover 2: 31
Cover 3: 5

Cover 4: 2

Prevent: 2

Hybrid ( Cover 5,6 and so): 12

Last edited by NY+Giants=NYG : 04-09-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=469359
Old 04-12-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Old 04-12-2013, 07:00 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how do you distinguish Cover 5 from Cover 3?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
how do you distinguish Cover 5 from Cover 3?
C3 = 1/3 , 1/3 , 1/3

C3-Cloud is strong side 1/3, 1/3, 1/3

C5 Cloud is a weak side 1/3, 1/3 , 1/3. It can also be called C3 Weakside Cloud.

I use that as C5.

So you have 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9

After C6, it can be called Hybrids and stuff like that where you get a mix and match of different variations.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I recently read about 7, I've never heard of 8 or 9 though. And 7 was pretty much 1 with tags for double-teams to jump certain routes.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

8 and 9 can change.

8 is a double team by FS with a SS or CB, or LB on the WR, TE or RB ON THE STRONG SIDE

9 is the same thing by FS......... on the WEAK SIDE
Old 04-12-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Does C2 man free refer to off coverage as opposed to press or press bail from the underneath defenders?
Old 04-12-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

It should be C1 man free. That man being the Safety. There is C2 man.. If I put C2 man free, then I think it's a typo.