Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 05-04-2015, 05:59 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Gunnin' for #1 QB Spot in Class of 2016

I'm going to list potential 2016 QB prospects who will fight for the #1 spot come next year.

Order varies for the moment. I will officially update this after the underclassmen deadline.

1. Connor Cook Michigan State
  2. Cardale Jones Ohio State
  3. Christian Hackenberg Penn State
  4. Jacoby Brissett NC State
  5. Cody Kessler USC

Honorable mention
  • Dak Presscott Mississippi State
  • Kevin Hogan Stanford
  • Trevone Boykin TCU
  • Jared Goff California
  • Gunner Kiel Cincinnatti
  • Jeremy Johnson Auburn
  • Tyrone Swoopes Texas
  • Travis Wilson Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

Last edited by shylo3716 : 05-12-2015 at 01:45 AM.
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 06:28 PM    (permalink
markulous
Rookie

markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hard to say between Cardale and Cook. Should be quite a bit clearer mid season after Cardale is able to show more.
markulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 06:41 PM    (permalink
offbyone
Rookie

offbyone is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.offbyone is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.offbyone is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.offbyone is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.offbyone is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.offbyone is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.offbyone is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.offbyone is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.offbyone is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.offbyone is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.offbyone is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will just be curious if Cardale is still in the top 5 running next year or if he was a one year wonder.
offbyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 06:46 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to see Jacoby Brissett come in and pick up from last season strong.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 05-04-2015, 06:50 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
Icon

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Hogan is awful. I know there are going to be quite a few people who like him, but no. He has shown no improvement whatsoever in the last three years. Tyrone Swoopes is even worse. There is no way he is a QB in the NFL. Jeremy Johnson will be interesting to watch. He is vastly superior to Nick Marshall as a QB. But will he get the chance to show it?

As for the top guys, Connor Cook seems good but not great (think Andy Dalton). Hackenberg is not a guy I like at all. But then again, I've only watched him three times. Hopefully I'll be able to take a better look at him this year. And then there is Cardale Jones. He could be Ben Roethlisberger but with only three games, it's way too early. He isn't even guaranteed to start next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:04 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brissett is not a top tier QB prospect. He has flashes, but his throwing ability is good for the college game. It's not NFL level.

Quote:
Kevin Hogan is awful. I know there are going to be quite a few people who like him, but no.
I loved him his freshman year, but he's gotten progressively worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by offbyone View Post
I will just be curious if Cardale is still in the top 5 running next year or if he was a one year wonder.
Will he even start over Barrett or Miller?

Last edited by descendency : 05-04-2015 at 08:07 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Nameless Ghoul
Rookie

Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nameless Ghoul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to predict Hackenberg has a bounce back season and could go pretty high in the 2016 draft. The potential is there, I'll be watching him closely.
Nameless Ghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 09:41 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Kevin Hogan is awful. I know there are going to be quite a few people who like him, but no. He has shown no improvement whatsoever in the last three years. Tyrone Swoopes is even worse. There is no way he is a QB in the NFL. Jeremy Johnson will be interesting to watch. He is vastly superior to Nick Marshall as a QB. But will he get the chance to show it?

As for the top guys, Connor Cook seems good but not great (think Andy Dalton). Hackenberg is not a guy I like at all. But then again, I've only watched him three times. Hopefully I'll be able to take a better look at him this year. And then there is Cardale Jones. He could be Ben Roethlisberger but with only three games, it's way too early. He isn't even guaranteed to start next year.
Tyrone Swoopes remind me of former FSU QB Xavier Lee.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 05-05-2015, 01:10 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NC State's Jacoby Brissett has all the tools in the world. Size, arm strength and mobility.

Watch his game against FSU in 2014.

He needs more consistency, but he's a really nice prospect.

There's about 4 guys I see(Cook/Hackenberg/Brissett/Jones) who could potentially carry a 1st round grade in 2016, but I don't know if any of them would be considered 1/1 overall picks or even Heisman trophy finalists.

Hopefully Cardale Jones locks down the starting QB gig at OSU and continues the play he showed in the NC playoffs.

If Hackenberg can just play consistent football next year without a bunch of turnovers, some team is going fall in love with him in '16.

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 05-05-2015 at 05:27 AM.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 01:45 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Cardale Jone, Ohio State
2. Connor Cook, Michigan State
3. Christian Hackenberg, Penn State
4. Gunner Kiel, Cincinnati
5. Jared Goff, Califonia
6. Jacoby Brissett, NC State

That's my very early quarterback rankings.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see Jared Goff having a huge year for Cal if they have anything at all around him. The depth is going to be a lot better than this year. Whether anyone rises to the top of the draft i think remains to be seen.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jared Goff needs to be on this list. I guarantee that he will be rising up peoples boards as draft day nears. Not sure he will compete to be the number one QB or not (To be honest it is too early to tell for any of these guys).

Obviously, if you extrapolate Cardale's three games you would assume that with his physical tools he would be #1. However, extrapolation will get you in trouble, especially with such a small sample size.

If he wins the starting job, he still has a lot of improvements to make on his short-to-midrange game.

I think that he has a lot more flaws than people realize. Between having Zeke in the backfield and Tom Herman game planning to his strengths he was really able to hide a lot of his flaws.

Having said that, he is obviously a physical freak with tons of possible upside. Just too hard to tell.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 02:30 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Kevin Hogan is awful. I know there are going to be quite a few people who like him, but no. He has shown no improvement whatsoever in the last three years.
gotta agree. Hogan is a good college QB, nothing more. He was 'scrappy' as a freshman but hasn't advanced a ton since then. He has difficulty going through his reads and generally only looks at 1 or 2 guys. Real nice set of tools though so i could see a team using a late pick if he has a nice year. He is big, mobile, and has a strong arm. His motion is pretty bad still.

I want him to be successful for college reason but he isn't much of a prospect. Hopefully we can use our virtual reality and science magic to make him better. A good run game would help a lot this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 02:43 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
Jared Goff needs to be on this list. I guarantee that he will be rising up peoples boards as draft day nears. Not sure he will compete to be the number one QB or not (To be honest it is too early to tell for any of these guys).
The Air Raid under Dykes does nothing but hinder his development. Time and time again these QBs flop or cannot maintain any success. He will be no different.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 04:13 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post

Obviously, if you extrapolate Cardale's three games you would assume that with his physical tools he would be #1. However, extrapolation will get you in trouble, especially with such a small sample size.

If he wins the starting job, he still has a lot of improvements to make on his short-to-midrange game.

I think that he has a lot more flaws than people realize. Between having Zeke in the backfield and Tom Herman game planning to his strengths he was really able to hide a lot of his flaws.

Having said that, he is obviously a physical freak with tons of possible upside. Just too hard to tell.
The reason to why Cook is above all at the moment.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 05-05-2015, 05:16 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is Jones getting so much hype for three games? And for a guy coming out of the urban Meyer system, which has yet to produce a backup level qbs.

Jones has great tools and size, but with one year(hopefully) and three games starting experience is that enough? Than again he could always not come out early.
Old 05-05-2015, 05:20 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
Why is Jones getting so much hype for three games? And for a guy coming out of the urban Meyer system, which has yet to produce a backup level qbs.

Jones has great tools and size, but with one year(hopefully) and three games starting experience is that enough? Than again he could always not come out early.
I'd be hard pressed to make a kid with at most 18 career starts from a Spread offense a 1st Round pick.
Old 05-05-2015, 05:21 PM    (permalink
markulous
Rookie

markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.markulous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post

Because not a lot of these guys displayed what he did in his 3 games. Obviously no one is anointing him as the #1 pick in the draft, but if he displays what he did last year he's got a shot. Only time will tell.
markulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Dangermouse
Rookie

Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dangermouse is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kind of lament the fact that Cardale Jones didn't declare, just because I was interested to see what would happen. It would quite possibly be the most important pre-draft process any player had ever had.
Dangermouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:52 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
I kind of lament the fact that Cardale Jones didn't declare, just because I was interested to see what would happen. It would quite possibly be the most important pre-draft process any player had ever had.
La'el Collins still takes the cake.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 05-06-2015, 07:51 AM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
No team was spending a 1st Round pick on a kid with 3 starts, especially from a simplistic offense.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:11 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
No team was spending a 1st Round pick on a kid with 3 starts, especially from a simplistic offense.
I'm not sure I'd say no team would. Obviously he isn't close to being ready to play in the NFL, but I could see a team with a veteran QB approaching the end of his career (Arizona/Dallas/New Orleans) gambling on his physical tools.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
I'm going to list potential 2016 QB prospects who will fight for the #1 spot come next year.

Order varies for the moment. I will officially update this after the underclassmen deadline.

1. Connor Cook Michigan State
  2. Cardale Jones Ohio State
  3. Christian Hackenberg Penn State
  4. Jared Goff California
  5. Gunner Kiel Cincinnatti
  6. Cody Kessler USC

Honorable mention
  • Jacoby Brissett NC State

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
1. Cardale Jones, Ohio State
2. Connor Cook, Michigan State
3. Christian Hackenberg, Penn State
4. Gunner Kiel, Cincinnati
5. Jared Goff, Califonia
6. Cody Kessler, U.S.C.

7. Jacoby Brissett, NC State

That's my very early quarterback rankings.
I like your guys lists, they just needed a little tweaking ;)

People are sleeping on Kessler.

Deion Sanders
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:01 AM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
I'm not sure I'd say no team would. Obviously he isn't close to being ready to play in the NFL, but I could see a team with a veteran QB approaching the end of his career (Arizona/Dallas/New Orleans) gambling on his physical tools.
He's conservatively 2 years away from contributing, maybe more because of how unprepared Meyer makes him for the NFL. I don't see any team passing over an immediate contributor (especially if they are a playoff contender) for one of the biggest projects in Draft history based off 3 games where teams had pretty much no film to breakdown.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:02 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think a 6'1" usc QB is gonna compete for top QB.