Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-10-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Rashaan Melvin : CB : Northern Illinois

A four year starter for the Huskies, notching 17 pass break-ups this year as senior. From the limited action I've managed to watch of him, he appears to be a fluid athlete, maybe a little tight in the hips, and he's a willing tackler.

Pro Day results (not invited to Combine)

Height: 6016
Weight: 192
40 Yrd Dash: 4.42
20 Yrd Dash: 2.59
10 Yrd Dash: 1.55
Vertical Jump: 38
Broad Jump: 10'06"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.29
3-Cone Drill: 7.32

Physically he appears the part, especially impressive given his size, and from what I've read he looked pretty good in drills. Are there any Huskies fans who can comment further on Melvin? He's rated as Scott's #60 CB so I feel he's flying way under the radar.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:49 PM    (permalink
nburzych
Rookie

nburzych is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nburzych is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nburzych is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nburzych is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nburzych is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nburzych is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nburzych is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nburzych is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nburzych is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nburzych is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nburzych is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Long time lurker, I've been wondering if anybody would post anything on him here. I watched every game Melvin played at NIU. First of all, he came to NIU as a walk on. He was known as more of a basketball player in high school, so obviously he's athletic. He doesn't play as fast as his 4.42 40 time might suggest, but I think he's the real deal. He's big, he's physical, he tackles, and despite the lack of INTs this year he has fantastic ball skills. He broke the school record for passes defended this year. NIU did a lot of things with their defense where they left Melvin on an island and he still wasn't thrown at all that much (especially his Junior year when the defense sucked). If you're looking for negatives, as I said he's not as fast as his 40 time would indicate and sometimes he's too aggressive. Not to the point of jumping double moves (although in the CMU game he did and he got torched for it), but sometimes he's too physical and it gets him called for penalties. He got called for a couple in the MAC title game this year doing just that. I'll be shocked if he's not drafted with how well he tested and how much he was asked to do at NIU, though. I'm thinking he could go as early as round 5.

I can't post links because I don't have 10 posts, but if you search him on youtube there's highlights of his Soph-Junior seasons as well as the CMU and Iowa games this year.

Last edited by nburzych : 04-10-2013 at 06:52 PM.
nburzych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welcome to the forums! Thank you for observations on Melvin's game, exactly what I was looking for.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That analysis sounds a lot like what someone might have said about Richard Sherman coming out of college.

Not saying he is the next Richard Sherman
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote