Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 04-09-2013, 06:49 PM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Best Fit for Xavier Rhodes

Where do you see Rhodes fitting in best for the longevity of his career? At CB or FS? He has the size to play both and some question his stiffness and ability to play zone. I think initially he is best at CB, and then once he turns 30 move him to FS.

indyfan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Xavier Rhodes can't play FS in the NFL. I'm telling you that right now, without a doubt, he can not. He is a press coverage CB that would fit perfect in Tampa or Seattle (if they needed a CB). Truthfully, he is not even that stiff and does have very good recovery speed hence why he never got burned at FSU.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would anyone thinks XR27 can play FS in the NFL is mind bottling.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I think he'd be a great fit in New Orleans, as Rob Ryan runs a lot of press man
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does he lack the ability to play FS?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:02 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Does he lack the ability to play FS?
Well FS is basically reading the play off of zone coverage for the most part right? Unless it is a play called for the safety closer to the line of scrimmage on a possible blitz/bump TE/WR.

Xavier's bad moments at FSU were always when Stoops was calling his BS zone coverage schemes where he backs the CB off 7-9 yds from the WR (For instance, 2nd half vs NC State). I bet if there was a stat for where the majority of the catches came from against Rhodes, it would be on 90% of those plays.

Xavier excels when he is in the WR's face and being physical when the ball is snapped. He has good enough speed to stay with WR's if the bump isn't effective.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 04-09-2013 at 09:04 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:02 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah why are 'Noles fans so adamant that Rhodes can't play cover safety??
I assumed if most good corners were a little bigger, they would be good safeties.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Well FS is basically reading the play off of zone coverage for the most part right? Unless it is a play called for the safety closer to the line of scrimmage on a possible blitz/bump TE/WR.

Xavier's bad moments at FSU were always when Stoops was calling his BS zone coverage schemes where he backs the CB off 7-9 yds from the WR (For instance, 2nd half vs NC State). I bet if there was a stat for where the majority of the catches came from against Rhodes, it would be on 90% of those plays.

Xavier excels when he is in the WR's face and being physical when the ball is snapped. He has good enough speed to stay with WR's if the bump isn't effective.
It's just a matter of understanding of what his assignment should be. For some, that can be more difficult compared to man. It's a mindless game when all you gotta do is stick to a guy and follow him if you got the skills. It's another thing when you have to think about your zone and pick up where your other teammate is handing off coverage. Wouldn't put it past a team to think they could coach him up in that area.

Some teams actually have bigger safety problems than corner problems. In a draft that is chalk full of SS prospects and zero elite FS prospects, a CB as big as Xavier...with his length, speed, jump ball skills and ability to stick on a guy deep. It looks pretty damn attractive.

My concern would only be if he's a piss poor tackler... and that doesn't seem to be the case.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

He definitely isn't afraid to hit anyone.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-09-2013, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Wysocki
Rookie

Wysocki could make a wolverine purr.Wysocki could make a wolverine purr.Wysocki could make a wolverine purr.Wysocki could make a wolverine purr.Wysocki could make a wolverine purr.Wysocki could make a wolverine purr.Wysocki could make a wolverine purr.Wysocki could make a wolverine purr.Wysocki could make a wolverine purr.

Under ideal circumstances you should allow per bird.

Inside coop Outside runs

Bantams 1 sq.ft 4.5 sq.ft.
Laying hens 1.5 sq. ft. 8 sq.ft.
Large breeds 2.5 sq.ft. 12 sq.ft.

Minimum 18 inches per bird on roosts. And one nesting box per 6 birds.
Wysocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:16 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he could not play corner for the steelers, lebeau plays guys 6-8-10 yards off at CB he would get destroyed matched up like that.....or rather he would be wasted talent-wise like that. But i do think he could play FS....i love him as a corner, but he could very well be a conversion guy like rolle or malcolm jenkins, or like how many thought peterson would have to be but i dont think that he has to be.

I would like him at FS in the steelers defense (under lebeau at least), definitely not at corner....but a guy like amerson could thrive at CB in the steelers defense, but would probably HAVE to be a FS for a lot of teams. Its all schematic, i cant see Schiano passing on him, he is everything he looks for in a corner
Old 04-09-2013, 11:19 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Schiano loves those big physical CB's. I just dont see him getting past Tampa either.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-09-2013, 11:24 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

revis trade or not that secondary was horrid last year.....rhodes, revis, barron, and goldson....what an upgrade that would be
Old 04-10-2013, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
revis trade or not that secondary was horrid last year.....rhodes, revis, barron, and goldson....what an upgrade that would be
If they acquire Revis, there is zero chance they draft Rhodes.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:47 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorite corner in this draft. Even over Millner. I would love to see him to the Colts but I'm sure he will be long gone.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:52 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He scares me at any position.

Shuttle and cone numbers from his pro day have received zero press coverage, but really should have.

Shuttle: 4.65 seconds

Cone: 7.29 seconds

Both slower than any other DB at the Combine.

Bear in mind Eric Fisher ran the shuttle in 4.44 seconds and Lane Johnson the cone in 7.31 seconds and you see how poor Rhodes balance and change of direction is.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:53 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
is mind bottling.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:05 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brent sighting!
Old 04-10-2013, 09:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Playing FS is an entirely different skillset vs playing man coverage as a CB.

As a press man CB, you run and chase. It's not complicated.

A FS has to be much more adapt to understanding zone. He has to read route combinations quickly and pick up the right man. He has to play off the ball. He has to play the entire offense, the formation, the route combinations, the run fits, everything. It's much more demanding mentally than press man CB.

That's why CBs who played great zone defense can transition to FS bc they have the skillset to do so. If you're a CB who's a bump and run guy, your skillset is entirely different from a FS.

Now that's not saying you can't develop those skills, it just says that what you've been asked to do is entirely different from what you would be asked to do as a FS.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So long story short, bc Rhodes has excelled in bump and run and struggled with zone, there really is no evidence to suggest that he can play FS.

That doesn't mean he can't do it, it's just that the evidence we have on hand suggests otherwise.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
If they acquire Revis, there is zero chance they draft Rhodes.
I love when you use statements and call it a zero chance, it's one of my favorite things about this board. So tell me then, who is their #2 CB that they are so confident about? Since they obviously only need 1 CB.

I'm of the belief they want to keep #13 to draft another CB, it be different if they had a solid group but they don't. I think they should draft Trufrant instead of Rhodes. Plus, Revis isn't even 100% yet, so putting all their marbles into his basket and acting as if Eric Wright is any good is far more insane then drafting a CB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

they are so dedicated to improving that horrible secondary (especially with the saints and falcons in the division) that saying zero chance is just wrong. They were great up front against the run, they need to work on their pass rush a bit and find a replacement for Roy Miller but its not like he was a world beater..CB would be a strong possibility, assuming they dont have to give that pick up for revis, which would be insane
Old 04-10-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Why would anyone thinks XR27 can play FS in the NFL is mind bottling.
Is that a reference to the Ana Faris movie, "The House Bunny"? If so, well placed reference... if not, could you please explain what "mind bottling" means?
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
bornnraisedwhodat
Rookie

bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll be just fine as a press corner. I see no issue with him. Might struggle on a defense that doesnt have a good pass rush, but you can say the same for just about all corners.
bornnraisedwhodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
Is that a reference to the Ana Faris movie, "The House Bunny"? If so, well placed reference... if not, could you please explain what "mind bottling" means?
It is a reference from the Will Ferrell movie Blades of Glory. I use it when something is too stupid to even be mind boggling.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote