Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 04-11-2013, 06:15 PM    (permalink
bulldog0123

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
he could not play corner for the steelers, lebeau plays guys 6-8-10 yards off at CB he would get destroyed matched up like that.....or rather he would be wasted talent-wise like that. But i do think he could play FS....i love him as a corner, but he could very well be a conversion guy like rolle or malcolm jenkins, or like how many thought peterson would have to be but i dont think that he has to be.

I would like him at FS in the steelers defense (under lebeau at least), definitely not at corner....but a guy like amerson could thrive at CB in the steelers defense, but would probably HAVE to be a FS for a lot of teams. Its all schematic, i cant see Schiano passing on him, he is everything he looks for in a corner
I think rhodes would thrive as well. I think that both Amerson and Rhodes would work well with the Steelers.

Last edited by bulldog0123 : 04-11-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:58 PM    (permalink
energizerbunny
Veteran

energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
It's just a matter of understanding of what his assignment should be. For some, that can be more difficult compared to man. It's a mindless game when all you gotta do is stick to a guy and follow him if you got the skills. It's another thing when you have to think about your zone and pick up where your other teammate is handing off coverage. Wouldn't put it past a team to think they could coach him up in that area.

Some teams actually have bigger safety problems than corner problems. In a draft that is chalk full of SS prospects and zero elite FS prospects, a CB as big as Xavier...with his length, speed, jump ball skills and ability to stick on a guy deep. It looks pretty damn attractive.

My concern would only be if he's a piss poor tackler... and that doesn't seem to be the case.
Another benefit of using him as a cover safety is that he is easier to shift around to man up on those freak TEs in the league now. If your playing against Gronk, Graham , Jason Witten types multiple times a year you almost need a guy like this.

For that reason, I could see him very early.

Problem is, if he is just a man to man guy, he better be Revis and be able to shut down his side of the field, because schematically if he is not you are rather quite limited.
energizerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:35 AM    (permalink
TuckNole
Rookie

TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duesouth View Post
He scares me at any position.

Shuttle and cone numbers from his pro day have received zero press coverage, but really should have.

Shuttle: 4.65 seconds

Cone: 7.29 seconds

Both slower than any other DB at the Combine.

Bear in mind Eric Fisher ran the shuttle in 4.44 seconds and Lane Johnson the cone in 7.31 seconds and you see how poor Rhodes balance and change of direction is.

Field was wet as hell and every one was slipping. Rhodes slipped several times when I saw him running those drills. Useless numbers.
TuckNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
energizerbunny
Veteran

energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuckNole View Post
Field was wet as hell and every one was slipping. Rhodes slipped several times when I saw him running those drills. Useless numbers.
Gotta take everything in context, good job.
energizerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote