Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-11-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post

Yeah players who suck go 4-0 in bowl games all the time.
One BCS game against ******* Northern Illinois and a bunch of under achieving bowl games? Yes, he went 4-0 in some doozies.

This guy is supposed to be a first rounder? Like ******* really? He throws a bunch of 5 yard hitch routes and constantly spikes it in the ground and makes his receivers go down and get it rather than letting them get YAC. The guy is a project QB and nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone's just mad he's better than Matt Barkley.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Someone's just mad he's better than Matt Barkley.
He's not better than Barkley, Barkley will actually contribute to something in the NFL.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
He's not better than Barkley, Barkley will actually contribute to something in the NFL.
He also beat WVU and Noel Devine as well South Carolina with Garcia,Lattimore, and Jeffrey.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You mean he'll carry bags for veterans? I guess that can be seen as contributing in the broadest sense of the word.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
He also beat WVU and Noel Devine as well South Carolina with Garcia,Lattimore, and Jeffrey.
And lead FSU from 14 points down to a win over Notre Dame with a broken leg.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Ok so over 4 years Manuel threw a whopping 47 touchdowns to his 28 picks, in the most simplistic offense I have seen. Jimbo had to dumb down his offense against the weak ass ACC to make EJ look even servicable. Manuel will be out of the league in 3 years, he can go play up in Canada.

Barkley almost threw as many td's in one season than Manuel did in his ******* career for **** sake....and his game against Oregon was more of a signature win than any game Manuel ever won in his time at FSU...and that wasnt even a as Massnole would preach..."bowl game".

Quote:
Old 04-11-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
And lead FSU from 14 points down to a win over Notre Dame with a broken leg.
Oh you mean the same ND team that was barely .500? Good joke.

Quote:
Old 04-11-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ok so over 4 years Manuel threw a whopping 47 touchdowns to his 28 picks, in the most simplistic offense I have seen. Jimbo had to dumb down his offense against the weak ass ACC to make EJ look even servicable. Manuel will be out of the league in 3 years, he can go play up in Canada.

Barkley almost threw as many td's in one season than Manuel did in his ******* career for **** sake....and his game against Oregon was more of a signature win than any game Manuel ever won in his time at FSU...and that wasnt even a as Massnole would preach..."bowl game".
To be fair, you guys also don't run the ball nearly as much as FSU and Barkley was doing a **** ton of catch up this past season with that horrible defense you guys had. On top of everything, Jimbo doesn't run up the score on teams like your coach.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 04-11-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
To be fair, you guys also don't run the ball nearly as much as FSU and Barkley was doing a **** ton of catch up this past season with that horrible defense you guys had. On top of everything, Jimbo doesn't run up the score on teams like your coach.
Curtis McNeal was a 1,000 yd rusher last year as a junior and almost got back there this year, while Redd had over 900 so that argument is invalid. Barkley was actually asked to read a defense and make progressions, Manuel was asked to spike hitch routes and slants....which he had no problem doing. He was asked to be a game manager...and he couldn't even do that in some games.

Quote:
Old 04-11-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Curtis McNeal was a 1,000 yd rusher last year as a junior and almost got back there this year, while Redd had over 900 so that argument is invalid. Barkley was actually asked to read a defense and make progressions, Manuel was asked to spike hitch routes and slants....which he had no problem doing. He was asked to be a game manager...and he couldn't even do that in some games.
513 carries vs. 392 carries. I don't think that is invalid.

We had Manuel sit on leads in the 4th quarter and not throwing 40 yds down the field for meaningless TD's if that is what you mean by game manager. Otherwise, that is just plain false.

EJ also had a higher YPA than Barkley as well as a higher completion % by 5%

Sig by the King BK

Quote:

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 04-11-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
513 carries vs. 392 carries. I don't think that is invalid.

We had Manuel sit on leads in the 4th quarter and not throwing 40 yds down the field for meaningless TD's if that is what you mean by game manager. Otherwise, that is just plain false.
He had an all world defense...he was asked simply to not **** it up....what don't you see when you watch "your" team. I could go out there and comple 68% of my passes if it consists of 3 yd hitch routes and flat routes on a boot for **** sake.

When he busts, or never gets his chance...which one of the two will happen. I'll be the first to say I told ya so.

Quote:
Old 04-11-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
He had an all world defense...he was asked simply to not **** it up....what don't you see when you watch "your" team. I could go out there and comple 68% of my passes if it consists of 3 yd hitch routes and flat routes on a boot for **** sake.
Do you have an explanation for a higher YPC average ??

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-11-2013, 04:14 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

If you dont like EJ, that is fine. But don't tell me is garbage compared to Barkley. That's just nonsense when everyone and their mother saw how garbage he looked this past season. I'm a fan of Barkley btw.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-11-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is invited but doesn't say for first day or second day.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Do you have an explanation for a higher YPC average ??
Because a bubble screen is a running play at USC, which Kiffin ran way too much this year.

Quote:
Old 04-11-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
If you dont like EJ, that is fine. But don't tell me is garbage compared to Barkley. That's just nonsense when everyone and their mother saw how garbage he looked this past season. I'm a fan of Barkley btw.
I didn't start this argument by comparing him to Manuel. The guy is garbage and I stated that if hes taken in the first its a joke. Your boy Massnole was the one who tried to be cute and mention Barkley because thats all he does.

If someone has something bad to say about FSU or anyone at FSU, Massnole takes a shot at their team to try and make himself feel better.

Quote:
Old 04-11-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yeah players who suck go 4-0 in bowl games all the time.
Still doesn't mean he'll be a great NFL player. Just sayin...

But I digress...

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Because a bubble screen is a running play at USC, which Kiffin ran way too much this year.
What a garbage excuse.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:30 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
What a garbage excuse.
Ok so whats your excuse for Manuel having more picks than TD's against ranked teams over his career? How in the **** did he lose to ******* NC State...that team doesnt belong on the same damn field, why does he shrink when the game gets big? Why is the running joke around FSU is that they call him sawdust, due to his inability to absorb the playbook or learn the protections? Why didn't Jimbo open up the playbook for such a stud under center?

Its because the guy is garbage...hes still living off the ******* hype from high school that he never lived up too. He's a 1st rounder because can complete a hitch? whoopty ****** doo.

Quote:
Old 04-11-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, EJ Manuel sucks.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Yeah, EJ Manuel sucks.
Two seconds from me being Greg Jones and you being Dexter Reid.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-11-2013, 05:50 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manuel plays with good field awareness, and even though he sometimes gets stuck on his primary read, I think he has the innate processing power to quickly work through his progressions and make post-snap reads at an NFL level. This is tremendously important.

His accuracy is annoying, but it's not as bad as some people make it out to be. He's not a super-prospect like Luck and Griffin were last year and he needs to land in the right system to excel (probably something somewhat resembling the WCO's that masked the accuracy problems of Favre and McNabb), but he can definitely be an NFL starter.

Last edited by WCH : 04-11-2013 at 05:55 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:52 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Ok so whats your excuse for Manuel having more picks than TD's against ranked teams over his career? How in the **** did he lose to ******* NC State...that team doesnt belong on the same damn field, why does he shrink when the game gets big? Why is the running joke around FSU is that they call him sawdust, due to his inability to absorb the playbook or learn the protections? Why didn't Jimbo open up the playbook for such a stud under center?

Its because the guy is garbage...hes still living off the ******* hype from high school that he never lived up too. He's a 1st rounder because can complete a hitch? whoopty ****** doo.
He went 4-0 in bowl games, two of which FSU trailed by 14 points.
In 2012 he lead FSU back vs. Clemson and won a game in the last minute at VaTech. He was 6-2 vs. FSU's biggest rivals over his career. In what world is that shrinking in big games?

You cherry pick the NC State game where he had his team up by 16 going into the 4th. Top that off by saying all he does his throw hitches when his big games he made numerous downfield throws with a very high success rate. A lot of the hitch routes were the results of making reads and making the safe throw. But then again you have somehow convinced yourself one of the more complicated pro style offenses that gives its QBs high marks from NFL coaches for their knowledge of the game is simplistic.

As for opening up the offense, it was one of the best offenses in school history. Why mess with what works?
Old 04-11-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

6-2 against the biggest rivals? Those are not big games! When the **** was the last time that Miami was relevant? Va Tech was garbage this year, Clemson refuses to play defense, and a win in a bowl game against Notre Dame last year is useless. It's like jesus, when the **** were your rivals considered worthy opponents for you guys while Manuel was there...The talent on that team was stupid...and Manuel constantly kept the other team in games.

This **** is comical...

Quote:

Last edited by SickwithIt1010 : 04-11-2013 at 06:05 PM.