Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-28-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Any Way Raiders Don't Draft Bruce Campbell?

Any way Raiders don't draft Bruce Campbell?

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Taylor Mays runs like a 4.14 40? It's an old joke, Mr. Davis does seem overfond of drafting DBs.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:11 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll hold my judgment until JPP works out tomorrow. If he runs a low 4.5 time, then it's completely up in the air. What Campbell does have working for him, is that he is the much greater need for this team.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
MikeTeel
Rookie

MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.

I hope Al switches it up so he doesn't become too obvious. I mean, it wouldn't be a bad pick, it would be a slight reach but it wouldn't be bad, like last years pick of DHB. The good thing this year for the Raiders is that the two biggest athletic freaks at positions of need also coincide with where they're picking. JPP or Bruce Campbell imo.
MikeTeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
FrankGore
Rookie

FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I called it before the combine and it doesn't seem any less likely after yesterday. The Raiders haven't given us any reason to believe they've grown up from picking the best track athletes for the most part and Campbell is certainly on another level for his position.

Mike Lombardi thinks they're taking him too and he has all kinds of taps into the Raiders organization. I'll give it an 80% chance pending the rest of the workouts.

Last edited by FrankGore : 02-28-2010 at 12:34 PM.
FrankGore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

It's either Campbell, Pierre-Paul, or Taylor Mays.

Those are the three options for the Raiders in the first round. No way anyone else gets picked.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
I'll hold my judgment until JPP works out tomorrow. If he runs a low 4.5 time, then it's completely up in the air. What Campbell does have working for him, is that he is the much greater need for this team.
This. If JPP does what Campbell did, he's the pick if available.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:43 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its come down to Campbell, JPP and possibly Bulaga

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:46 PM    (permalink
cajuncorey
Rookie

cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when carlos dunlap runs a 4.5 lol
cajuncorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Exactly. JPP is the only other player that will be on Senile Al's radar.

Go Canada, GO!!
Old 02-28-2010, 12:54 PM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People are still going on with the whole Taylor Mays thing lol

I really don't see JPP running anything close to a 4.5
_YL_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:29 PM    (permalink
SwagU
Veteran

SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I agree with the rest of you and it comes down to Campbell and JPP. Campbell I feel is ahead of JPP because Campbell just showed he is a complete freak and the total workout package, plus his position is of more need for this team then that of DE as mentioned before. Do not count JPP out of the running so early, I can see him also putting up some good numbers at this combine. I can see JPP running a 4.65 or 4.70 and he will be the fastest DE. This pick I think by draft day will be very close. It's looking like a battle of the fastest at their position, which is just classic Al.
SwagU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:44 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
It's either Campbell, Pierre-Paul, or Taylor Mays.

Those are the three options for the Raiders in the first round. No way anyone else gets picked.
Maybe Joe haden if he runs well

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 02:13 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the 8th overall pick in the 2010 NFL draft the Oakland Raiders select Jacoby Ford.

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that Campbell is a strong option, but not necesarrily stronger than Pierre-Paul or Haden or Berry.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Oaktown1981
Veteran

Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.

JPP, Campbell, Haden

One of them IMO will probably be a Raider
Oaktown1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:03 PM    (permalink
twizbuck
Rookie

twizbuck is a cocksman.twizbuck is a cocksman.twizbuck is a cocksman.twizbuck is a cocksman.

Seeing as how he fills a bigger need than JPP and Mays, I really think he'll go with Campbell right now.
twizbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:04 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he's taken by Seattle at #6.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Nard_Dog
Rookie

Nard_Dog is a cocksman.Nard_Dog is a cocksman.Nard_Dog is a cocksman.Nard_Dog is a cocksman.Nard_Dog is a cocksman.

If he's available I would be shocked if they passed on him. He's fits everything. Great physical specimen. Check. Great Athleticism. Check. He might as well start looking for houses in California
Nard_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing is, no one really knows how Oakland feels about their tackle situation. Personally, I'd love to see someone come in and replace Henderson, but the coaching staff seemed largely happy with his play in 2009. Does Oakland draft a RT to finally replace Cornell Green with that #8 pick? Probably not, and if they do, I would imagine they'd take more of a road-grader like Davis or even Williams.

I think that Oakland likely views CB and DL as being greater needs at this point, so it just depends on how much they take to a guy like Pierre-Paul or Haden/Berry (whichever one Cleveland passes on). I'd like to believe that Dez Bryant would be a possibility, but it seems unlikely.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could definitely see us go Joe Haden, and I would like it.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:45 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will come down to JPP, Haden, Campbell, Mays, or Eric Berry. I'm thinking JPP at this point.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:29 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a gut feeling that they won't make an epic reach for a guy like Campbell this year. Last year they did with Heyward-Bey, but he's a WR, Campbell is a tackle and he has a lot more holes in his game than the other 4 OTs who are better than him that are good enough to be top ten picks. I won't be the least bit surprised (in fact I kind of expect it to some degree) if Oakland takes Campbell, but gut feeling says that they take Bulaga, Davis, Williams, Pierre Paul, or a DB over Campbell.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I have a gut feeling that they won't make an epic reach for a guy like Campbell this year. Last year they did with Heyward-Bey, but he's a WR, Campbell is a tackle and he has a lot more holes in his game than the other 4 OTs who are better than him that are good enough to be top ten picks. I won't be the least bit surprised (in fact I kind of expect it to some degree) if Oakland takes Campbell, but gut feeling says that they take Bulaga, Davis, Williams, Pierre Paul, or a DB over Campbell.
That being said, DHB was 254th in the NFL last season for receptions with 9 (for 124 yards). Sure, he landed in a one of the worst QB situations in the NFL, but he failed to make a number of plays that Percy Harvin, Austin Collie, Michael Crabtree, Hakeem Nicks, Jeremy Maclin, Kenny Britt, Johnny Knox, Mike Wallace, Louis Murphy, or Brian Hartline would have made.

Hell, sure the QB situation in Oakland is bad, but when you're a top 10 pick, the first player picked at your position, and you get completely outplayed by a fourth round pick who plays your same position on your own team (Louis Murphy), something has gone very wrong.

Never bet against the Raiders to do something inexplicable.

Last edited by PossibleCabbage : 02-28-2010 at 10:42 PM.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:58 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
The thing is, no one really knows how Oakland feels about their tackle situation. Personally, I'd love to see someone come in and replace Henderson, but the coaching staff seemed largely happy with his play in 2009

this sounds accurate... Al Davis got burned bad taking Robert Gallery and I dont think he's willing to gamble on OT again... not to mention bruce campbell has played like a 4th round and only started 17 games at Maryland. and even the games he played were spotty... He got beat like a drum against Middle Tennessee State, not exactly a top program.
bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote