Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 04-15-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Immortal Draft

1. Kansas City Chiefs - LT Luke Joeckel 6'6" 306 Texas A&M
The Chiefs take the best player on the board
2. Jacksonville Jaguars - QB Geno Smith 6'2" 218 WVU
Although Bradley has a defensive history, he saw what a difference a QB can make to a team.
3. Oakland Raiders - DT Shariff Floyd 6'3" 297 Florida
The Raiders lost many players on the D-Line and Floyd is the BPA
TRADE The Eagles send the Cardinals the #4 pick in exchange they receive the #7 pick, #69 and #140.
*4. Arizona Cardinals - LT Eric Fisher 6'7" 306 Central Michigan
The Cards jump ahead of the Lions to assure they get their man. Drafting Fisher allows Brown to either move to RT or inside.
5. Detroit Lions - DE Ezekiel Ansah 6'5" 271 BYU
Schwartz had him in the SR Bowl, and it's yet to be seen whether he loved what he saw or not, but I think he saw the potential, and with the other picks invested on the D-Line, Ansah wouldn't have to be the guy right away.
6. Cleveland Browns - CB Dee Milliner 6" 201 Alabama
The signing of Kruger eliminates the need for Jordan here. However, there is still a big hole at CB.
*7. Philadelphia Eagles - DT Star Lotulelei 6'2" 311 Utah
Jordan is still on the board, but they are loaded at OLB. They shore up the D-Line with a scheme diverse player to free things up for the LBers
8. Buffalo Bills - DE/LB Dion Jordan 6'6" 248 Oregon
The Bills add a scheme diverse player to push Mark Anderson for a starting job
9. NY Jets - LB Barkevious Mingo 6'4" 241 LSU
The Jets get a pass rusher they desperately need
TRADE The Titans send the #10 and #107 selections to the Miami Dolphins in exchange for the #12, #82 picks.
*10. Miami Dolphins - LT Lane Johnson 6'6" 303 Oklahoma
The Dolphins trade up two spots to jump the Chargers and only move down 25 picks from the 3rd to 4th round.
11. San Diego Chargers - OG Chance Warmack 6'2" 317 Alabama
After missing out on Johnson, the Chargers still decide to address their line with Warmack, who many consider the best prospect in the draft.
12. Tennessee Titans - C/G Jonathan Cooper 6'2" 311 NC
Although not my favorite pick. It makes sense. Cooper can play G/C and is athletic enough to fit into what the Titans are trying to do on offense. They have expressed interest in him, reportedly meeting with him a few times. In my history following the Titans, they have always drafted someone in the first that they are commonly linked to.
13.Tampa Bay Buccaneers - CB Xavier Rhodes 6'1" 217 FSU
After trade talks with the Jets break down, the Bucs go with Rhodes
14. Carolina Panthers - WR Cordarelle Patterson 6'2" 216 Tennessee
The Panthers have other needs, but they need to build the offense around Cam Newton
TRADE The Saints send #15, #109 to the Vikings for #23, and #52
15. Minnesota Vikings - WR Tavon Austin 5'9" 174 WVU
The Vikings make an aggressive move to get WR Tavon Austin, while the Saints are just happy to get a 2nd round pick.
[b]16. St. Louis Rams -S Kenny Vaccaro 6" 214 Texas
Fisher loves DBs and he has a huge hole at S right now. Trumaine Johnson can easily be converted to S, but they still need to upgrade both positions.
17. Pittsburgh Steelers - LB Jarvis Jones 6'2" 241 Georgia
Historically the Steelers have held out on getting pass rushers, but the value here may be too good to pass up.
18. Dallas Cowboys - DT Sheldon Richardson 6'2" 294 Missouri
Richardson may be the perfect 3-technique for Kiffens defense
19. New York Giants - DE Bjoern Werner 6'3" 266 FSU
The Giants have a pass rusher fall into their lap once again.
20. Chicago Bears - LB Arthur Brown 6" 241 Kansas State
They get an elite talent that can start from day 1, DJ Williams dies a little inside.
21. Cincinnati Bengals - LB Alec Ogletree 6'1" 242 Georgia
The Bengals get a playmaking LBer to add versatility to the corp
22. St. Louis Rams - WR Keenan Allen 6'2" 206 Cal
The Rams could go several different ways here, but they go with the guy many people consider the best WR in this class when healthy
23. New Orleans Saints - CB Desmond Trufant 5'11" 190 Washington
The Saints need a pass rusher, but they also need to upgrade the CB position opposite of Lewis, Trufant is the best remaining at play press coverage that Ryan likes to run.
24. Indianapolis Colts - LB Manti Te'o 6'1" 241 Notre Dame
This may not be the biggest need for the Colts, but with how the board falls it's a good value
25. Minnesota Vikings - LB Kevin Minter 6" 246 LSU
After moving up for a WR, the Vikings take the last of the 1st round MLBs
26. Green Bay Packers - SS Jonathan Cyprien
The Packers have a glaring need at SS
27. Houston Texans - WR DeAndre Hopkins 5'11" 206 Clemson
The Texans need, and have for years, a #2 opposite Johnson
28. Denver Broncos - DE Damontre Moore 6'4" 250 Texas A&M
They have a hole at DE now with Dumervil gone
29. New England Patriots - DE Datone Jones 6'4" 283 UCLA
Upgrade the Dline opposite of Jones
30. Atlanta Falcons - TE Tyler Eifert 6'6" 250 ND
Get a replacement for Gonzo when he leaves
31. San Fran 49ers - DT Jonathan Hankins 6'3" 324 Ohio State
The 9ers lost Sopoaga and Jean Francios so they need someone to play NT, Dorsey may get time there but I can't see him permanatly playing there
32. Baltimore Ravens - SS Matt Elam 5'9" 202 Florida
They lost both safeties in FA and only replaced one. They drafted a safety last year but he is already suspended

Constructive Criticism is always welcome

Last edited by mightytitan9 : 04-15-2013 at 07:44 PM.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mingo is a great pick for the Jets.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cyprien deserves a high five

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ogletree is prolly not going to happen with the Bengals set to sign James Harrison.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
31. San Fran 49ers - DT Jonathan Hankins 6'3" 324 Ohio State
The 9ers lost Sopoaga and Jean Francios so they need someone to play NT, Dorsey may get time there but I can't see him permanatly playing there
This seems to be a common theme. Noone seems to think Dorsey can play NT. All I know are these two facts...

1. Baalke signed Dorsey to play NT.
2. Baalke extended NT Ian Williams.

It would be very surprising, at least in my opinion, that Baalke would focus a top pick on the 3rd NT he's signed this offseason. 49ers' NTs only played 30% of the defensive snaps last season.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:19 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Ogletree is prolly not going to happen with the Bengals set to sign James Harrison.
I thought about that, but the fact is still that Harrison turns 35 next month so he's not a long-term solution.

I'm not expecting much form Harrison, whether the Bengals are or not could determine what they do with that selection. I thought about Eric Reid but passed because I think it was a little early
Old 04-15-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
This seems to be a common theme. Noone seems to think Dorsey can play NT. All I know are these two facts...

1. Baalke signed Dorsey to play NT.
2. Baalke extended NT Ian Williams.

It would be very surprising, at least in my opinion, that Baalke would focus a top pick on the 3rd NT he's signed this offseason. 49ers' NTs only played 30% of the defensive snaps last season.
Part of my thought process behind this was that I feel Hankins can also play DE in the 3-4 system, he'll add depth everywhere along the defensive front which is a valuable attribute for an aging line.

Forgive me for being unimpressed by Williams and his 3 tackles.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought about that, but the fact is still that Harrison turns 35 next month so he's not a long-term solution.

I'm not expecting much form Harrison, whether the Bengals are or not could determine what they do with that selection. I thought about Eric Reid but passed because I think it was a little early
The Bengals already have 2 young LBs that they really like in Burfict and Lamur. They will more then likely draft a LB, but it prolly will be later on. If Harrison is signed it will prolly be a OT or Safety in the 1st.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is a really good Bills pick for 1st rnd. I don't think there is any scenario where we would let Dion Jordan get past us.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:47 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Part of my thought process behind this was that I feel Hankins can also play DE in the 3-4 system, he'll add depth everywhere along the defensive front which is a valuable attribute for an aging line.

Forgive me for being unimpressed by Williams and his 3 tackles.
If you'd said that about Hankins I wouldn't have critiqued it. Instead you only mentioned a need for a NT and how Dorsey isn't the answer.

As for "aging," only Justin Smith is over 30.

Justin Smith - 33
Ray McDonald - 28
Glenn Dorsey - 27
Ian Williams - 23
Will Tukuafu - 29
Demarcus Dobbs - 25
Tony Jerod-Eddie - 23
Lamar Divens - 27

I agree that if a NT is added he will also be a contributor at DE. I believe this player is Glenn Dorsey.

No need to be impressed with Williams' 3 tackles. He was 3rd string. He was also signed by Baalke to an extension before Sopoaga and Jean Francois signed their FA deals. Baalke is more impressed, and that's all that matters.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:52 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
The Bengals already have 2 young LBs that they really like in Burfict and Lamur. They will more then likely draft a LB, but it prolly will be later on. If Harrison is signed it will prolly be a OT or Safety in the 1st.
I think I'm one of the few that actually like Lamur. Overall, there's no OTs worthy of the selection (unless you consider Watson worthy), would Reid, Cyprien or Elam have been a better selection.

They are also said to love DJ Hayden, could this be a darkhorse in round 1?
Old 04-16-2013, 12:40 AM    (permalink
ChicagoBearsVet23
Veteran

ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Typical Bears pick. Don't see it happening. Emery is very tight lipped. I see Trufant, Eifert, Te'o, or Watson as the pick.
ChicagoBearsVet23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:03 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
That is a really good Bills pick for 1st rnd. I don't think there is any scenario where we would let Dion Jordan get past us.
With the board falling as it did, Jordan is a good pick, I will still contend that he is a lot like Manny Lawson, and believe that the scenario in which the Bills let him get past them is the one in which they take L. Johnson ;)
Old 04-16-2013, 08:46 AM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think I'm one of the few that actually like Lamur. Overall, there's no OTs worthy of the selection (unless you consider Watson worthy), would Reid, Cyprien or Elam have been a better selection.

They are also said to love DJ Hayden, could this be a darkhorse in round 1?
Cyprien and Elam would be better selections. Reid is a mid to late second round talent in my book.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
causticon
Rookie

causticon hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't think Moore is a first round prospect given all his character concerns.
causticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ewwwwwwww, Teo

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
xpmar9x
Rookie

xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love that for the Titans.
xpmar9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure that the Vikings will not trade up for Austin. I believe that they believe that Jarius Wright will do well in the "Harvin-role"
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still don't understand the Floyd love.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote