Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Here is the main problem with that - As you said he is 19. He is going to panic at some point, and if he has explosives on him like they think he does, a lot more innocent people are going to die when that panic starts to kick in. The lock down is necessary.
It's a gross overreaction. The police are obviously getting minimal incremental improvements with the huge amount of police they have on this case.

There is a saturation point where it's ineffective, costly, and hazardous to your other duties to add more officers to a case of one freaking dude. i.e. 1000 cops are not much better than say 100 cops. Or even 50.

Keep the pressure on him and he will be caught. Regardless, there is a risk that innocent bystanders will be hurt either way.

Increase patrols in public areas (schools, stadiums, malls, etc...) and put pressure on him by searching. You don't need the entire planet to do so, however. Nor does an entire city need to be cowering in their homes.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You get what I mean. Yesterday he had 2 sons who he thought was going to school in America to better themselves.

Today one of them is dead, the other is on a manhunt and his family name is ruined.

Not an easy time to be that guy right now.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
You get what I mean. Yesterday he had 2 sons who he thought was going to school in America to better themselves.

Today one of them is dead, the other is on a manhunt and his family name is ruined.

Not an easy time to be that guy right now.
I know. days like the last few we had need SOME comic relief. it's been a tough week for America
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Old 04-19-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pictures of an overreaction.

Also, apparently this only applies if you are a civilian.
Obama: Weapons of war have no place on our streets
Old 04-19-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I know. days like the last few we had need SOME comic relief. it's been a tough week for America
Just think about the Browns. They will always make you laugh. Unless you are a fan. Then you will cry. #FactoryOfSadness
Old 04-19-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Can someone PM me the scanner feed, plz?
Got it, thanks!

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
Old 04-19-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
This thing is ridiculous on a whole lot of levels:
1) One 19 year old suburban kid has evaded thousands of policemen in one of our major cities for a long while.
2) A single 19 year old kid is causing a gross misappropriation of manpower and is causing a lockdown of a major US city. I think it's a great overreaction. He's a bad dude, he will get caught. Make it the number one departmental priority and an FBI high or top priority. But don't go to these extremes.
It is becoming one of the best troll jobs ever.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Veteran

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A user named “Trippin No L’ 4/20″ who claims to know Tsarnaev said he was shocked: “I can’t believe this jizz was a cool cat at my crib daily- this **** is to wild for me- guess you really don’t kno niggas nowadays.” he tweeted.
Is it wrong this made me laugh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Troll job? This guy has been a part of 4 murders and attacked innocent people with ******* bombs.

Feed Moncrief
Old 04-19-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I just +infinity repped you.

Perfect insight.

Also, the authorities are kicking down doors and searching houses at will.

What if they find a drug dealer's stash? Someone's illegal guns? Anything else illegal? You don't think the cops are going to be back later on?

The 4th amendment is a joke anymore.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Troll job? This guy has been a part of 4 murders and attacked innocent people with ******* bombs.
Yes, and he should have been apprehended by now. He's making Solid Snake look like an amateur.

Quote:
Old 04-19-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
He's killed 4 people. He is a terrible human.

He is also negatively effecting a whole region in a massive way with a relatively low effort. So he's also a troll.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:04 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
I just +infinity repped you.

Perfect insight.

Also, the authorities are kicking down doors and searching houses at will.

What if they find a drug dealer's stash? Someone's illegal guns? Anything else illegal? You don't think the cops are going to be back later on?

The 4th amendment is a joke anymore.
This disturbed me but it didn't surprise me. I am bothered by the fact that you're the first person I've seen actually question this.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good lord, CNN is appalling today. They are milking this as long as they can. and the police response to this is so over the top I can't even comprehend it.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:07 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
This disturbed me but it didn't surprise me. I am bothered by the fact that you're the first person I've seen actually question this.
We are a nation of sheeple.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Good lord, CNN is appalling today. They are milking this as long as they can. and the police response to this is so over the top I can't even comprehend it.
CNN has almost sunk to tabloid levels. They have been overhyping North Korea an insane amount. Their news is almost as bad as MSNBC.

BBC has the best stuff, including US news, which is kinda sad.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any real evidence to support doors being kicked in and houses searched illegally?

I know if I lived there I'd be more than happy to invite them in to ensure a clear sweep. Anyone dumb enough to leave a pile of contraband on the table is too stupid to deserve any pity.

There are plenty of pictures out there and every one looks like a door knocked on then opened by the occupant.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
Old 04-19-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so I saw the pic of suspect 1 at the hospital.........
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Old 04-19-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we have a terrorist running around with assault weapons and bombs (allegedly) and we have people worrying about 4th amendment rights. C'mon.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-19-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

It almost seems like the individual is more dangerous than what is already known to the public.

Quote:
Old 04-19-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
So we have a terrorist running around with assault weapons and bombs (allegedly) and we have people worrying about 4th amendment rights. C'mon.
Yes. It is in extreme circumstances where rights are the most important.

However, I am guessing 90-95% of people are just opening the doors to the police.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Old 04-19-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WCVB reports suspects did not rob the 7-11 but was only stopping to get gas.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
WCVB reports suspects did not rob the 7-11 but was only stopping to get gas.
Heard correction of got gas at the Shell then went to 7-11 but didn't rob it.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Old 04-19-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Heard correction of got gas at the Shell then went to 7-11 but didn't rob it.
That's what I'm hearing as well.

And then they went to MIT? Timeline seems to be a bit confusing. Hearing conflicting reports.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-19-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Any real evidence to support doors being kicked in and houses searched illegally?

I know if I lived there I'd be more than happy to invite them in to ensure a clear sweep. Anyone dumb enough to leave a pile of contraband on the table is too stupid to deserve any pity.

There are plenty of pictures out there and every one looks like a door knocked on then opened by the occupant.
I would let them in. But your point makes no sense. It's the old "I am doing nothing wrong, so I have nothing to hide." The problem with that adage is that at some point you will be doing something wrong. It's an inevitability of a totalitarian state.
Closed Thread