Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'll honestly be shocked if this was the result of a terrorist organization overseas.

It doesn't have any of the symptoms of what they do. They go after financial institutions or military buildings, things that would impact the government in a much larger scope. And they also claim responsibility.

My gut tells me this was a domestic attack by someone, like the Denver shooting or the Newtown shooting.
Eh, you had the Time Square attempted bombing orchestrated by a foreign cell which strikes me as similar to this. That being said, I'm leaning towards a domestic attack as well, primarily because of the non-claiming of responsibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I'm skeptical on how precise this arrest is.
The reports indicate that its apparently based on video evidence from the second bombing, which sounds a little more credible than the "report your nearest Saudi" tactic some people were using when giving police "tips".

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 04-17-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
The reports indicate that its apparently based on video evidence from the second bombing, which sounds a little more credible than the "report your nearest Saudi" tactic some people were using when giving police "tips".
Apparently they have some TV footage and camera footage from Lord & Taylor.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Eh, you had the Time Square attempted bombing orchestrated by a foreign cell which strikes me as similar to this. That being said, I'm leaning towards a domestic attack as well, primarily because of the non-claiming of responsibility.
The Times Square Bomb was tested and it was a much, much bigger explosion than the Boston bomb. For that reason I'm saying this was domestic and has no ties with terrorist groups. And yes, nobody claiming responsibility is a sign too.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-17-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Domestic or not I hope they punish the ************(s) who did this.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 04-17-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As awful as this sounds, I hope it was a rogue domestic suspect. Bc if we're dealing with a foreign attack, we're talking about a lot more lives being put in harms way in the future, both foreign and domestic.

So I really hope we're talking about a lone nut job here.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well now it appears no arrest was made after all.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 04-17-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesus christ CNN, step your game up.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
Old 04-17-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
An 8 year-old boy, a 29-year old woman and a Chinese national who was studying at Boston University were the three people killed.
It makes me sick to my stomach everytime I think about that 8 year older when I hear the story. He was killed, 11 year old sister has her leg blown off, all for waiting for their dad to get to the finish line. This type of crap makes me want to cancel any future plans for the Super Bowl, anything that draws a lot of attention to it now just seems like a targeted event in my head and I can't imagine terrorist don't see it the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'll honestly be shocked if this was the result of a terrorist organization overseas.

It doesn't have any of the symptoms of what they do. They go after financial institutions or military buildings, things that would impact the government in a much larger scope. And they also claim responsibility.

My gut tells me this was a domestic attack by someone, like the Denver shooting or the Newtown shooting.
Yea I have to keep in mind like with those two shootings I can't automatically assume it's all terrorist. We just have sick people here in general. Though I feel like any event with a ton of visibility is always a target to some extent, and I don't remember being so nervous about going to an event before like it seems to be now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another ****** up thing was I read that people ran and tackled a guy that had turbin on because he was running? Like everyone was? Was there any further info on that guy?

Old 04-17-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Yea I have to keep in mind like with those two shootings I can't automatically assume it's all terrorist. We just have sick people here in general. Though I feel like any event with a ton of visibility is always a target to some extent, and I don't remember being so nervous about going to an event before like it seems to be now.
I was at the London Olympics last year and a terrorist attack was always in the back of my mind. In 2005, just the day after it was announced London had won the Olympic bid there were suicide bomb attacks on buses and the London underground trains killing 52.

Thankfully everything went by peacefully and I had a fantastic 2 weeks. I was fortunate enough to see Phelps win 2 of his golds and was also part of the crowd watching the marathon by Big Ben. My best ticket was for the USA v Spain basketball final, where I could see the Spanish Royal family, David Stern and other VIPs sitting only 25 yards away. It was a prime target with maximum impact for any terrorist.

All I'll say is don't let anything like this put you off from attending big sporting events. That's exactly what the terrorists want. The chances of anything happening or being directly affected are still extremely remote.

Last edited by boknows34 : 04-17-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Boston Courthouse is now being evacuated because of a suspicious package.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-17-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
The Boston Courthouse is now being evacuated because of a suspicious package.
Hospital in Brookline is on lockdown too I think. I was supposed to go to a meeting on the West End this afternoon and that's cancelled because they shut down their office since it is close to the courthouse. This is insane.

Feed Moncrief
Old 04-17-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Another ****** up thing was I read that people ran and tackled a guy that had turbin on because he was running? Like everyone was? Was there any further info on that guy?
The guy who was tackled? Yes, he was the "suspect" reported by the NY Post, in reality the police questioned him after he was turned over and quickly realized he was just another witness.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 04-17-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Oy, America...

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
yeah that ain't happening
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Old 04-17-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Oy, America...
I'm not sure why you are just singling out America. Things like this happen in plenty of countries, some every day. I mean, I am not at all proud of the fact people are so willing to stereotype so quickly but unfortunately it happens everywhere.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I'm not sure why you are just singling out America. Things like this happen in plenty of countries, some every day. I mean, I am not at all proud of the fact people are so willing to stereotype so quickly but unfortunately it happens everywhere.
True, but we're supposed to be the place that everyone wants to come to and the standards for the USA should always be held high.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
True, but we're supposed to be the place that everyone wants to come to and the standards for the USA should always be held high.
I mean, for the most part, we're a pretty safe. Considering the immense freedoms we're given and for such a large population we're quite safe.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Never thought anyone would put CNN and Jesus Christ in the same sentence. Seems sacreligious.

I am starting to agree with some of you guys that this might just be a domestic idiot and not some radical Muslim like overseas all the time.

This one reminds me more of the Atlanta Olympic bomber or the Oklahoma City wackjobs.

Either way, this wasn't nearly as bad as what could have been had the psycho hit an enclosed more compact and packed area.

I expect that there is some solid video surveillance that the authorities have but they aren't leaking it to the media. I hope so anyway.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:48 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So...Whitney Houston's Super Bowl anthem has officially been replaced as the best ever.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
So...Whitney Houston's Super Bowl anthem has officially been replaced as the best ever.
I got chills watching that anthem.

http://video.bruins.nhl.com/videocen...ed-share-video
Old 04-17-2013, 10:24 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suspects.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
they look domestic.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That black back pack bulges out funny. There isn't a laptop or books in there. I could see how a handle is pushing outwards there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Closed Thread