Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-04-2007, 12:07 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hous and Wayne both are really overrated so far. They look a lot better than they are because of Marvin and Chad AND have Peyton and Carson to throw them the ball. If you put either one of them on an average team as a #1 WR they would struggle, or be adequate at best. Guys like Ward, Chambers and Driver, to name a few off the top of my head, are much more valuable IMO.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

WHAT?!?! How is Coles not making your lists?!?! Blind Homer Comment.
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:22 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
WHAT?!?! How is Coles not making your lists?!?! Blind Homer Comment.
he is not a top ten wr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:32 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Chad Johnson
Could work on his YAC, but otherwise is amazing. Makes great grabs, runs great routes. Works very hard.

2. Steve Smith
This guy can do it all. He breaks tackles, makes the guy miss, beats DBs deep. He even fights for the ball well, despite his size. His size is his downfall, but its no fault of his own.

3. Torry Holt
Great hands, great concentration, great consistency, great routes. Add all that with his athletic ability, its a nice combo.

4. Andre Johnson
Very balanced WR. Has good routes, great YAC, good blocker, great jumpball guy. The only thing missing is studly hands and a good QB (Maybe Schaub is the answer).

5. Marvin Harrison
Smart player. Runs great routes and has great hands. Despite being so old, he is so consistent. Really does benefit from having Peyton Manning as his QB.

6. Anquan Boldin
He doesnt make the flashy catches or the deep grabs, but this guy is SOLID. makes all the easy grabs and the tough ones and then is hardly stopped when he has the ball in his hands. He is so perfect for the WCO.

7. Roy Williams
Now heres a guy who makes the flashy catches. He has great athletcism and makes the tough grabs. Theres alot of talent in him not going to use with the Lions (isnt that new?)

8. Hines Ward
Total team player. Great possesion reciever and is the best blocking WR. His stats on the run heavy offense dont do justice to his ability.

9. Larry Fitzgerald
Stud.

10. Reggie Wayne
Benefits with having Marrison across from him and has Peyton Manning throwing to him. I would like to see him on another team without Manning throwing to him.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 03:17 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

for me the toughest position to rank , so i dont try :P
Old 04-04-2007, 06:45 AM    (permalink
NotoRussell
Rookie

NotoRussell hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddenhero View Post
1. Randy Moss
2. Chad Johnson
3. Steve Smith
4. Marvin Harrison
5. Torry Holt
6. Larry Fitzgerald
7. Andre Johnson
8. Reggie Wayne
9. Anquan Boldin
10. Roy Williams
Randy Moss? he is good and IMO he is a top10 WR, but he is not number1 anymore. maybe if he gets a better QB then he will be num1 again.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:19 AM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

1. Marvin Harrison
2. Steve Smith
3. Tory Holt
4. Anquan Boldin
5. Chad Johnson
6. Andre Johnson
7. Roy Williams
8. Lee Evans
9. Javon Walker
10. Reggie Wayne

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Last edited by cardsalltheway : 04-04-2007 at 08:10 AM.
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:36 AM    (permalink
VYTitans

1. Randy Moss
2. Marvin Harrison
3. Chad Johnson
4. Larry Fitzgerald
5. Reggie Wayne
6. Anquan Boldin
7. Torry Holt
8. Lee Evans
9. Terrell Owens
10. Joe Horn
Old 04-04-2007, 08:01 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Marvin Harrison
2. Steve Smith
3. Torry Holt
4. Anquan Boldin
5. Chad Johnson
6. Andre Johnson
7. Larry Fitzgerald
8. Roy Williams
9. Terrell Owens
10. Reggie Wayne

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:10 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can someone plz explain to me how Reggie Wayne is better then Donald Driver? Donald also has about 2 ppl on him every play while Reggie gets 1 on 1 because of the talent around him.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:14 AM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Can someone plz explain to me how Reggie Wayne is better then Donald Driver? Donald also has about 2 ppl on him every play while Reggie gets 1 on 1 because of the talent around him.
Donald Driver is also thrown to more often than any other WR in the league and catches just over half of the balls thrown his way.

Designs by D-Unit

Old 04-04-2007, 09:51 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Without looking at the rest of yours:

1. Torry Holt
2. Marvin Harrison
3. Andre Johnson
4. Terrell Owens
5. Steve Smith
6. Larry Fizgerald
7. Reggie Wayne
8. Chad Johnson
9. Anquan Boldin
10. Santana Moss

Honorable Mention: Javon Walker, Lee Evans, Deion Branch, Plaxico Burress, Hines Ward, Joey Galloway

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:54 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Reggie Wayne is now drawing the #1 CB on every team he faces. Manning only throws to who is open and who the play is called for. Wayne has over 100 catches the last 2 years in that offense with all those other weapons who also need the ball. He has become the #1 WR in Indianapolis over Harrison. That doesn't mean he's better than Harrison, but he probably will be next year.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1. Chad Johnson
2. Steve Smith
3. Roy Wiliams
4. Marvin Harrison
5. Andre Johnson
6. Tory Holt
7/8. Anquan Boldin/Fitzgerald (they are tied)
9. Terrell Owens
10. Santana Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You say he had an exceptionally mediocre season last year, but he led the league in reciving yards. Just imagine what he could do in a season where .

the self promoting does help, but there is no doubt he is top 4 or 5 in the league. Sorry, I would critize your list, but you have not pposted one. You need to do one yourself for you try to criticize other people.

Quote:
who dey?
Old 04-04-2007, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
why on earth do i need to post a list of ten guys to tell you your analysis of chad johnson is completely flawed, and in your case, likely based on homerism? i said he compiled most of his stats in three games. you not only didn't disagree, you decided to tell me what the result of that was. great, i hadn't seen the stats. in a season where .... he wasn't mediocre? where he didn't have a complimentary receiver to take some of the heat off of him? where he kept his mouth shut and just played football? where what?
im not saying that, im saying all you ever do is jump in a thread and critize other people without doing anything your self.

he did compile most of his stats in two games.he had 260 yards vs the chargers, 190 vs the Saints, but he reached 100 ttwo other times, 99 once and 91 once. He is a great reciver. I dont know why you are so amazed by people saying he is the number one in the league.

recivers often do compile most of there stats in a couple of games.

Steve Smith reached 100 yards 4 times, and the other times he was lack luster.

Fitzgerald reached 172 and 133 reciving yards, but didnt get to a hundred after that. That is with the benefi of haing anquan boldin on the other side.

Roy Williams either blew up or was a non factor.

Actually, the only recivers i see performing at a high level are Marvin Harrison and Reggie wayne, and look who they have throwing to them.

revcievers often get most of there stats in 4 or 5 games. Chad got 2660 yards once, and it takes a special reciver to do that.

he is one of the best recievers in the league no doubt. The showboating helps, but he has got talent.

Quote:
who dey?
Old 04-04-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I did not include Marvin Harrison because he is soft, and I don't like players that avoid contact at all costs. Talent-wise he would be in the top 10.
You're faulting Marvin Harrison for being the smartest receiver in the league? Why on earth would a 175 pound receiver NOT want to avoid contact at all costs? He picks up every yard he can, then gets the hell out of dodge before he gets broken in half. It's amazing to me how much Marvin has been able to accomplish, all the while staying healthy throughout his career, considering how small he is. I don't care if he had Jesus Christ throwing him passes, he's top 10 ALL TIME in my book.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Chad Johnson
2. Steve Smith
3. Torry Holt
4. Larry Fitzgerald/Anquan Boldin
5. Andre Johnson
6. Marvin Harrison
7. Donald Driver
8. Roy Williams/Reggie Wayne
9. Lee Evans
10. Terrell Owens
11. Joey Galloway/Javon Walker/TJ Houshmandzadeh/Terry Glenn
12. Plaxico Burress/Hines Ward/Derrick Mason
13. Laveranues Coles/Santana Moss/Eddie Kennison/Marques Colston
14. Isaac Bruce/Randy Moss

Some may be left off or may be off a couple of places but I tried to get it the best I could for now

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:13 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
1. Chad Johnson
2. Steve Smith
3. Torry Holt
4. Larry Fitzgerald/Anquan Boldin
5. Andre Johnson
6. Marvin Harrison
7. Donald Driver
8. Roy Williams/Reggie Wayne
9. Lee Evans
10. Terrell Owens
11. Joey Galloway/Javon Walker/TJ Houshmandzadeh/Terry Glenn
12. Plaxico Burress/Hines Ward/Derrick Mason
13. Laveranues Coles/Santana Moss/Eddie Kennison/Marques Colston
14. Isaac Bruce/Randy Moss

Some may be left off or may be off a couple of places but I tried to get it the best I could for now
That's like a top 25. :p

Designs by D-Unit

Old 04-04-2007, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Marques Colston will be on everyones list by mid season.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:39 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm bored.

1. Marvin Harrison
2. Steve Smith
3. Torry Holt
4. Chad Johnson
5. Larry Fitzgerald
6. Andre Johnson
7. Lee Evans
8. Roy Williams
9. TO
10. Reggie Wayne

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:42 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy View Post
Marques Colston will be on everyones list by mid season.
I'd say next year. He might be the best WR in the league in 5 years, depending on how CJ does, and a few other good but underdeveloped young WRs in the league now.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

I love how everyone leaves T.O. off because they think he is a cancer to the team, even though he isn't even close to one. He is easily top 5.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
I love how everyone leaves T.O. off because they think he is a cancer to the team, even though he isn't even close to one. He is easily top 5.
top 5 in drops..face it. he aint as good as he once was

you cry about Newman being top 3 now you cry about Owens being top 5 easily? If Marion Barber a top 10 back? Romo a top 10 QB? Get a grip ..TO is not top 5..probabably not top 10. He drops a lot of balls and dont blame injuries or else we can redo the whole list because of injuries
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

We will see this year, and no, romo and barber aren't top 10, but they are in the NFC. But IMO when T.O. doesn't have a freakin torn ligament in his had and when you touch it he feels like it is getting stabbed, and you have an NFL QB drilling it at him, and he still leads the league in TDs, he is in my top 5. T.O. will be back this year. I don't care about the drops. He had 15, and who knows how many of those are really "drops". That is less than 1 a game. ANd the only reason people remember the drops is because they came in crucial parts of the game, like the Redskins and Giants games.

Last edited by Achilles33 : 04-04-2007 at 02:03 PM.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote