Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 04-18-2013, 09:41 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Rank the 5-Techs

I'm gonna throw out any player I think could potentially play 5 tech, you rank them and/or tell me if I missed one.

Cornellius Carradine 6'4 276 FSU
Datone Jones 6'4 283 UCLA
Margus Hunt 6'8 277 SMU
Lavar Edwards 6'4 277 LSU
William Gholston 6'6 281 Michigan St.
Joe Kruger 6'6 269 Utah
Sheldon Richardson 6'3 294 Mizzou
Shariff Floyd 6'3 297 Florida
Star Lotulelei 6'3 311 Utah
Sly Williams - 6'3 313 UNC
Kawann Short - 6'3 299 Purdue
Jesse Williams - 6'4 323 Alabama
Abry Jones - 6'4 313 Georgia
Lawrence Okoye - 6'5 304 English Rugby Player
Mike Catapano - 6'4 271 Princeton

i done stole dis sig

Last edited by killxswitch : 04-18-2013 at 09:46 AM.
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't see Catapano as a 5-tech, he'd definitely play OLB in a 3-4, even though he's 270 lbs he is athletic enough to move around and play the flat and curl-to-flat zones. I do like that you mentioned Abry Jones though, much like his teammate DeAngelo Tyson last year I feel he is quite underrated and a 3-4 team is going to get a steal in the 7th round.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:48 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Abry Jones is MASSIVELY underrated and some smart team is going to get him in the 5th or 6th before anyone else can. Though his injury is of course a concern. I'd burn a 5th on him even if it meant he had to take some time to rehab.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-18-2013, 09:51 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I'm gonna throw out any player I think could potentially play 5 tech, you rank them and/or tell me if I missed one.

Cornellius Carradine 6'4 276 FSU
Margus Hunt 6'8 277 SMU
Lavar Edwards 6'4 277 LSU
Joe Kruger 6'6 269 Utah
Shariff Floyd 6'3 297 Florida
Kawann Short - 6'3 299 Purdue
Mike Catapano - 6'4 271 Princeton
I think Okoyes only shot is a 43 DE, much easier to learn

My 5 Techs are (from a steelers 34 standpoint):

Star Lotuleilei
Margus Hunt
Jesse Williams
Datone Jones
Williams Gholston

Lot of UTs on that list that id want no part of in the steelers 34 (many of them could find homes in some 34s though)
Old 04-18-2013, 09:58 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a fan of a lot of those guys at 5 tech, and I think this year doesn't have many eye popping guys at the position.

Two guys who could be studs at the position but will likely be drafted to play elsewhere are Star and Ziggy. Lotulelei could be similar to Ngata if playing end and Ansah has tremendous hand usage and experience playing within the tackle box.

One guy who really like as a sleeper is Joe Kruger though. I think he is a guy who can be had in the 5th or 6th who could turn into a very good starter

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Not a fan of a lot of those guys at 5 tech, and I think this year doesn't have many eye popping guys at the position.

Two guys who could be studs at the position but will likely be drafted to play elsewhere are Star and Ziggy. Lotulelei could be similar to Ngata if playing end and Ansah has tremendous hand usage and experience playing within the tackle box.

One guy who really like as a sleeper is Joe Kruger though. I think he is a guy who can be had in the 5th or 6th who could turn into a very good starter
I tried to be inclusive but I agree it is not a strong 5 tech class. I left Ansah out because I really think an early team will draft him to be a 4-3 DE or 3-4 rush OLB. But he is so raw with so much potential I think he could be molded into several different types of player.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-18-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a project, but AJ Francis pls.

Sig by TACKLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Tannehill was a better QB (than Gabbert) when he was still playing WR

Last edited by y.f.s. : 04-18-2013 at 12:02 PM.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:40 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carradine is a pure pass rusher, he'd move to OLB in a 34 front.

Ezekiel Ansah, intersting enough, can grow into a 5 tech and may be projected there by some...but can also project as a 3-4 strongside OLB.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Margus Hunt 6'8 277 SMU

I removed guys from that list that I don't see being 3-4 ends

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
energizerbunny
Veteran

energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How could you possibly rank Okoye, a guy who has never even strapped the pads on ahead of someone that has played the game (for likely) a decade?
energizerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by energizerbunny View Post
How could you possibly rank Okoye, a guy who has never even strapped the pads on ahead of someone that has played the game (for likely) a decade?
I have a good idea of what Abry Jones can, or can't, do on the football field, and Okoye possesses physical abilities that are worth developing.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by energizerbunny View Post
^^^ agreed.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I have a good idea of what Abry Jones can, or can't, do on the football field, and Okoye possesses physical abilities that are worth developing.
Far more than Okoye can. When I need a shotputt hurled, ill draft Okoye, when I need 2 gaps covered and blocks soaked up, ill take Abry Jones.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
energizerbunny
Veteran

energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I agree and completely see where your coming from, however the biggest factor when dealing with guys such as Okoye is.... are they tough enough to play a game as physical as this? or are they p-u-s-s whys? There are/have been lots of big physical guys that pass the eye ball test but fail the one I mentioned and never materialize as football players
energizerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure why Shariff Floyd is valued so much more than Jaye Howard was last year.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:49 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I'm not sure why Shariff Floyd is valued so much more than Jaye Howard was last year.
This. I thought Howard was seriously undervalued.

Also, Margus Hunt is a pure 43 end. I don't see him being able to leverage well enough to hold up as a 5 tech. Tall and he stands up on the snap, recipe for disaster.

Also also, Kawann Short should be higher. Dude's a stud.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:02 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
Also, Margus Hunt is a pure 43 end. I don't see him being able to leverage well enough to hold up as a 5 tech. Tall and he stands up on the snap, recipe for disaster.

Also also, Kawann Short should be higher. Dude's a stud.
Agree with all of this.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't see Carradine or Floyd as a 5-Tech.

Here's my top 10:

1. Star Lotulelei
2. Sheldon Richardson
3. Sylvester Williams
4. Datone Jones
5. Jesse Williams
6. Margus Hunt
7. William Gholston
8. Montori Hughes
9. Lavar Edwards
10. Quinton Dial

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote