Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-19-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Jonathan Cooper
2. Chance Warmack
3. Kenny Vaccaro

Please can we get one of the Guards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets:

1. Barkevious Mingo - At #9

2. Kenny Vaccaro - At #13

3. Tyler Eifert - If we trade back from #9 and pick up a 2nd rounder
Old 04-19-2013, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions:

1) Joeckel
2) Fisher
3) Lane Johnson

Gee, guess what position we have to fill???
Old 04-19-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans

1. Ziggy
2. Star
3. Floyd/Richardson - whichever type player will fit the scheme/needs better
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will do six since we got two picks:

Sheldon Richardson
DeAndre Hopkins
Arthur Brown
Desmond Trufant
Bjoern Werner
Sylvester Williams

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to go in a different direction for who I think Buffalo picks. I'm going to do the most 3 that are likely to be a Buffalo Bill come Thursday plus who I want

Who I think the Bills are targeting:

QB Matt Barkley
S Kenny Vaccaro
LB Dion Jordan

Who I would want the Bills to take:

WR Tavon Austin
LB Dion Jordan
CB Dee Milliner
gonzo1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeBrown133
Rookie

BuckeyeBrown133 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Cleveland:

1. Dee Milliner
2. Dion Jordan
3. Jonathan Cooper/Chance Warmack

But, still want them to trade back.
BuckeyeBrown133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
1. Geno
2. Geno
3. Geno
Hey vidae, I have a serious question for you...not being a smartass...if the Chiefs pass on Geno and he is the only one taken in the first round, would you want any of the other QB's in this draft, assuming you had your choice of all of them at #33?
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens:

1: Arthur Brown. My favourite prospect of the draft, and fits a position of need. Ravens have a good amount of thumpers on one ILB spot, now they need to add a guy with sideline to sideline athleticism. Brown is good in coverage, is very instictive, and is a great leader. I want him, and I want him bad. Even if it means that Ozzie will have to move up to get him.

2: DeAndre Hopkins: His overall skillset would be a great addition to our WR core. Great route runner, great hands, and a hard worker. Will at least be a very solid #2 WR, and potential to be better than that.

3: Kevin Minter: Not nearly as athletic as Brown, but not just the run stuffing thumper some people try and label him as. Plays faster than his workout numbers indicate, is a sure tackler, team leader, and one tough s.o.b. Need proof? Pop in his tape against Florida last year.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
Hey vidae, I have a serious question for you...not being a smartass...if the Chiefs pass on Geno and he is the only one taken in the first round, would you want any of the other QB's in this draft, assuming you had your choice of all of them at #33?
Is this just hypothetical because the Chiefs don't have a 2nd rounder
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seahawks (if we had #25):

1. Trade for a 2014 3rd round pick and conditional option to switch 2014 first round selections.
2. Trade for an early second and maybe a 3rd in 2014.
3. Trade for Percy Harvin (I can't believe he's 24 years old).

If we had to take a prospect

1. Jesse Williams
2. Sio Moore
3. Ryan Swope
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:30 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Falcons:

1)Xavier Rhodes
2)Desmond Trufant
3)Tank Carradine
Old 04-19-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Is this just hypothetical because the Chiefs don't have a 2nd rounder
And if they did it'd be 34 not 33, just to add to the erroneous nature of that question lol
Old 04-19-2013, 09:54 PM    (permalink
OhioJB
Rookie

OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBrown133 View Post
Cleveland:

1. Dee Milliner
2. Dion Jordan
3. Jonathan Cooper/Chance Warmack

But, still want them to trade back.
As a Browns fan this is how I'd rank them as well. Judging by posts on another site I visit, I think many Browns fans would concur.
OhioJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Loftin
Rookie

Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So, you want Fluker in a ZBS?
Quote:
However, Fluker can't play in your scheme!
Derek Newton is the current starting RT for Houston. Here's what SI had to say about him as a prospect coming out of college:

"Lacks great footwork in pass protection. Struggles blocking in motion and cannot hit a moving target." LINK

Just because Houston uses a ZBS doesn't mean that every lineman needs to run a 4.7 40. Newton is slow as molasses, so Fluker wouldn't add any weakness that isn't already there. I like him as a fit, because unlike Newton he's a dominant blocker.

The Texans are known to think outside the box on body-types. In a 3-4, you'd think a huge NT with "ass mass" would be a need, yet Wade Phillips seems committed to Earl Mitchell, a quicker DT who needed to bulk up just to hit 300 after he went pro. Mario Williams spent his last year in Houston playing OLB, and if I remember correctly he was the heaviest (and tallest) at that position in the league.

D.J. Fluker can play, and he can help this team. I'd rather Houston use a 1st round pick on him than reach for a quicker OT like Terron Armstead, who really is more like a 2nd or 3rd rounder.
Loftin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loftin View Post
Derek Newton is the current starting RT for Houston. Here's what SI had to say about him as a prospect coming out of college:

"Lacks great footwork in pass protection. Struggles blocking in motion and cannot hit a moving target." LINK

Just because Houston uses a ZBS doesn't mean that every lineman needs to run a 4.7 40. Newton is slow as molasses, so Fluker wouldn't add any weakness that isn't already there. I like him as a fit, because unlike Newton he's a dominant blocker.

The Texans are known to think outside the box on body-types. In a 3-4, you'd think a huge NT with "ass mass" would be a need, yet Wade Phillips seems committed to Earl Mitchell, a quicker DT who needed to bulk up just to hit 300 after he went pro. Mario Williams spent his last year in Houston playing OLB, and if I remember correctly he was the heaviest (and tallest) at that position in the league.

D.J. Fluker can play, and he can help this team. I'd rather Houston use a 1st round pick on him than reach for a quicker OT like Terron Armstead, who really is more like a 2nd or 3rd rounder.
Well said, people need to understand that value > scheme and if Fluker is BPA the team is going to go with him regardless of his fit. I also think Armstead may not even be worth a 2nd rounder, I think his bust potential is HUGE, I'd be much more comfortable using a 3rd rounder on him.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:03 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
For what team?
Los Yets

If they are smart enough to keep Revis and draft one of those two pass rushers then the D can be legendary. Get competent QB play from there.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loftin View Post

Flucker has very slow feet, likely slower than Newton's. Doesn't make any sense.
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Fred Savage
Rookie

Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Detroit

a.) Corrdarrele Patterson

b.) Tavon Austin

c.) Justin Hunter
Fred Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:19 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Savage View Post
Detroit

a.) Corrdarrele Patterson

b.) Tavon Austin

c.) Justin Hunter
Matt Millen, is that you..?
Old 04-20-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Robbieb7
Rookie

Robbieb7 is a cocksman.Robbieb7 is a cocksman.Robbieb7 is a cocksman.

Eagles: Fisher, L. Johnson, Lotuleleie in that order
Robbieb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
irishbucsfan
Rookie

irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Assuming no Revis trade:

1. DT Star Lotulelei - 4-3 NTs aren't the most valuable guys around because the floor required for them to be effective is relatively low. But I think Star pushing the pocket next to McCoy would unleash both of them and improve our D more than any one other player.

2. CB Xavier Rhodes - Millner will most likely be gone and even if both were there I'm not sure we wouldn't take Rhodes over him for our D anyway. Anyone who throws safety out there as a possible spot for Rhodes is taking away what he seems to do best, which is be physical up front and stick on a receiver's hip. Perfect fit for our defence.

3. TE Tyler Eifert - The best TE in the draft by a long shot. Athletic, high pointing, seam nightmare who's a solid blocker, I think both Doug Martin and Freeman would be buying this guy thank you steaks next season if we picked him up.

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"
irishbucsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
Matt Millen, is that you..?
Hey man, he found 1 gem eventually!

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) Cordarrelle Patterson
2) Jarvis Jones
3) Kenny Vaccaro
Old 04-20-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams

#16 and 22

Austin
Warmack
Cooper
Richardson
Patterson
Fluker
Vaccaro
Lacey
Hopkins

Any combo of those