Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-24-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please give us all your picks Atlanta

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:30 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 2m

The #Dolphins are on board with the parameters of a contract with Branden Albert. They are ready to pay him elite LT money.

Why would they pay Albert and not Jake Long? Oh well, not gunna complain, I'll take pick #42. :D

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
The Titans are reportedly very fond of Cornelius Carradine, and are considering him with the 10th overall pick.

Source: I just made it up
This was cruel, Mighty.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, if your the Falcons, do you trade up that much for a CB? A pass rusher would make a bigger difference. I'd go with Ansah over Milliner based on positional value and potential.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post

The #Dolphins are on board with the parameters of a contract with Branden Albert. They are ready to pay him elite LT money.

Why would they pay Albert and not Jake Long? Oh well, not gunna complain, I'll take pick #42. :D
Just a heads up from living down here, Salguero has no legitimate sources at all and just goes off other reports.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL Network just said Oakland won't take Floyd if they stay at 3 :D

Looking like if we don't trade down either we take one of the top 3 OT's or Ansah/Jordan. More likely Ansah since we have had a ton of interest in him and even took him out to dinner after his pro day...

My Raiders Mock

Old 04-24-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
More likely Ansah since we have had a ton of interest in him and even took him out to dinner after his pro day...
The real question is ...did they call him back the next day?

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 04-24-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
This was cruel, Mighty.
Haha, if only it were true...
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:34 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It's just my opinion, but Albert is the better player between the two.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@seankjensen: Interesting #Bears are working out Mike Glennon on eve of NFL Draft. But surprised a source told me #Bears looking "hard" at QBs in draft.

I hope this is to entice a trade.
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@seankjensen: #Browns seriously considering a trade for Dolphins WR Davone Bess, according to a league source. Several teams in the mix.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post
@seankjensen: #Browns seriously considering a trade for Dolphins WR Davone Bess, according to a league source. Several teams in the mix.
On a somewhat related topic the dolphins draft Tavon Austin or Ryan Swope.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Rookie

J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought the Phins cut Bess

Roger Goodell: Protecting the business by ruining the game.
J255979-11nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bears sniffing around quarterbacks doesn't surprise me. Makes sense for a new coach and GM to want their own guy. I kind of figured that taking a QB and trading Cutler to Cleveland/Jacksonville/Buffalo during the draft was a possibility. Re-singing him next offseason is going to be problematic unless the cap jumps significantly or we get a few starters on rookie contracts this year. Also possible that they grab one and just sit him for a year so he learns the playbook inside and out and not getting anything for Cutler.

What surprises me is the name. I thought Nassib and Barkley would be more up Trestman's alley than Glennon. Glennon has a lot of gunslinger in him like Cutler, but he's not as good as Cutler at anything. He doesn't have any of Cutler's mobility, either. He's the homeless man's version.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I don't understand it either. Sure, Jake's play has slipped the past few years, but he's been playing mostly banged up. It's not like Albert doesn't have medical concerns of his own. Maybe Albert is a better player at this point in their careers, but is he a 2nd round pick better? I would have a hard time justifying giving up a 2nd round pick and $9-$10 million per year for Albert when I could've had Jake Long for $8.5 million per year and kept my 2nd round pick.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
The Bears sniffing around quarterbacks doesn't surprise me. Makes sense for a new coach and GM to want their own guy. I kind of figured that taking a QB and trading Cutler to Cleveland/Jacksonville/Buffalo during the draft was a possibility. Re-singing him next offseason is going to be problematic unless the cap jumps significantly or we get a few starters on rookie contracts this year. Also possible that they grab one and just sit him for a year so he learns the playbook inside and out and not getting anything for Cutler.

What surprises me is the name. I thought Nassib and Barkley would be more up Trestman's alley than Glennon. Glennon has a lot of gunslinger in him like Cutler, but he's not as good as Cutler at anything. He doesn't have any of Cutler's mobility, either. He's the homeless man's version.
They would have to trade Cutler because NO way that works out otherwise and how does that go with Marshall?

These QBs suck and we waited so many years to get a QB with Cutler's talent, I can't just move past that when we have not seen him with a real coach or OL.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Supposedly the Steelers were looking pretty hard at Tyler Bray - arguably the most physically talented QB in this draft but with the most question marks regarding his attitude/personality.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Supposedly the Steelers were looking pretty hard at Tyler Bray - arguably the most physically talented QB in this draft but with the most question marks regarding his attitude/personality.
With Big Ben's age and injury history, I wouldn't blame them for taking Bray to be his protege for a 2-3 years if they could get him for good value. (which they probably will)

He would have really had to sell Rooney and Tomlin on not being a dbag though in the pre-draft process.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-24-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the last 2 seasons could have been much different for the steelers if they had a good backup and ben didnt have to rush back from injury to play terribly.

Bray would provide a backup, a possible long term replacement, or a possible guy to trade for a high pick in 2 years. Plus with the steelers definitely drafting patterson we'll have chemistry on offense ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

Quote:
@MMehtaNYDN: Jets like Notre Dame tight end Tyler Eifert, but not at No. 13. #nyj
Old 04-24-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

I cant find a place in the 1st for Eifert except NYJ at 13 and Houston at 27. Help me draftniks

My Raiders Mock

Old 04-24-2013, 07:57 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I cant find a place in the 1st for Eifert except NYJ at 13 and Houston at 27. Help me draftniks
Houston has Owen Daniels and Garret Graham - I don't think Eifert would be a great fit. I would argue Chicago, St. Louis, Cincinnati and Green Bay could all be potential landing spots for Eifert as well.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
The "Jake Locker was a 2nd RD pick who went 8th overall," argument is equally absurd. Locker was never going to go in the 2nd RD. Anyone who realistically thought or still thinks he would or should have needs a few more years of experience at this, and his career so far is irrelevant because as a prospect, guys like him will be gambled on early. Lots of QB prospects have accuracy and decision making issues, but Locker's arm talent, athleticism, and character overshadowed him needing to be refined. The only way he's not a 1st RDer is if he displayed poor character, which is the opposite of what happened. His intangibles only enforces a coach's confidence in being able to coach him up. Hell, just chalk it up to the importance of the position he plays if you have to, but at least accept it or whatevs.

Personally, I think placing round values on QBs is such a crap shoot that it's not worth doing. If you think a QB is good enough to be a franchise QB at any point in his career, and you don't have a franchise QB, then you should probably pick him first.

Andy Dalton had early 1st RD talk days before the draft, and nothing came of that. This Nassib business reminds me of that.
People like to use their personal opinion and hindsight to say how good a prospect was in the past. If they didn't like him and the players struggles they will say "he was a huge reach!". If they liked the player and he excels they will say "he was a steal, everyone was so stupid for passing!". If a player was a "reach", how do these analysts/posters know that a bunch of teams weren't trying to trade up for that player if the team passed? They don't.

The fact of the matter is that the draft is incredibly difficult to predict. I totally agree that if your team needs a QB, and you view a particular guy as a franchise QB, you take him. No questions about it.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 04-24-2013 at 08:01 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:00 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Packers are going to go defensive front seven or offensive line in the first round. They've done it every year since they drafted Rodgers (they didn't have a first round pick in 2008).
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:02 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Houston has Owen Daniels and Garret Graham - I don't think Eifert would be a great fit. I would argue Chicago, St. Louis, Cincinnati and Green Bay could all be potential landing spots for Eifert as well.
Went with Chicago thanks...

Check out my 1st round mock with trades everyone!!!
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56501

My Raiders Mock