Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 04-22-2013, 07:33 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they were smart they'd take BPA at 8 (Ansah? Lotuleilei? Mingo? Warmack?) and then trade up for Nassib. I think they're gonna go like teams did two years ago though and reach for a QB in the early first ala Locker, Gabbert, and Ponder. Nassib/Barkley going 8th wouldn't be any different than Ponder going 12th or Locker going 8th considering. The Bills to me always seem to think their bigger needs (QB, DE, OG, S, LB, LT, WR) aren't needs on draft day and pass on guys they really need. It kinda drives me nuts, glad I'm not a Bills fan. At least this year they finally admit they NEED to absolutely draft a QB.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
If they were smart they'd take BPA at 8 (Ansah? Lotuleilei? Mingo? Warmack?) and then trade up for Nassib. I think they're gonna go like teams did two years ago though and reach for a QB in the early first ala Locker, Gabbert, and Ponder. Nassib/Barkley going 8th wouldn't be any different than Ponder going 12th or Locker going 8th considering. The Bills to me always seem to think their bigger needs (QB, DE, OG, S, LB, LT, WR) aren't needs on draft day and pass on guys they really need. It kinda drives me nuts, glad I'm not a Bills fan. At least this year they finally admit they NEED to absolutely draft a QB.
Nix has made one draft day trade since he's been running in the Draft. Can't see us trading back into the 1st. Small possibility of us trading back of the Falcons really want Dee Milliner.

This is life post new CBA. QB's get taken a lot higher than value might suggest. Still think Nassib is a late 1st but the Bills are poised to pick him 20 spots ahead of where his talent projects. He's the guy they covet at the most important position in sports.

It's time they invest into the position. Warmack, Cooper, Austin etc are not going to improve this team wins wise. A good QB is worth 4 wins, a great QB is worth 6.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kurt Warner says he is a Dud.

"Ryan Nassib - QB - Player After studying Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib's college game film, NFL Network's Kurt Warner came away surprised Nassib is being considered a first-round pick.
"Watching film of this guy — not overly impressive," Warner said. "If you’re drafting a quarterback in the first round, you’re drafting a franchise QB, a guy who you believe can win Super Bowls. Otherwise, why draft a guy that high? You need a guy that can do everything, and I didn’t see on film this guy having the ability to do everything. He didn’t wow me." Nassib has emerged as one of the draft's most polarizing prospects. We still think the Bills will take him in round one. "

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Kurt Warner says he is a Dud.

"Ryan Nassib - QB - Player After studying Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib's college game film, NFL Network's Kurt Warner came away surprised Nassib is being considered a first-round pick.
"Watching film of this guy ó not overly impressive," Warner said. "If youíre drafting a quarterback in the first round, youíre drafting a franchise QB, a guy who you believe can win Super Bowls. Otherwise, why draft a guy that high? You need a guy that can do everything, and I didnít see on film this guy having the ability to do everything. He didnít wow me." Nassib has emerged as one of the draft's most polarizing prospects. We still think the Bills will take him in round one. "
I think Buffalo may be targeting Barkley. I think he would be a great fit in that offense. If this was last year and Buffalo had a chance to get Barkley, Buffalo fans would of been elated.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
I think Buffalo may be targeting Barkley. I think he would be a great fit in that offense. If this was last year and Buffalo had a chance to get Barkley, Buffalo fans would of been elated.
Oh I have always been and still am a fan of Barkley - I wouldn't be upset with him at 8.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 04-23-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
essential
Rookie

essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
It may have started last night. Your pal, my pal, Sal Pal linked Nassib with the Jets after the Revis trade went down.
I refuse to believe the Jets will take a QB, maybe they are trying to put pressure on us to take Nassib at #8, but it won't work. Ryan is coaching for his job, he's not going to want to do it with a rookie QB, and a first year GM who very likely will be hiring a new coach next year isn't going to put that new coach in a position where he has to accept a QB who isn't his "guy".

The Jets won't take a QB, I refuse to believe it.

Also, at the draft luncheon Nix talked about how deep the S class is this year, how WR is very deep cause of so many college teams running the spread, and how he is happy with our in-house guards. I think we do go QB, just because we rarely pull the wool over anyone eyes, and that's where all the arrows point right now, but reports today came out saying we've made calls to move down, so hopefully that happens and we don't take whatever QB they want at #8.

If we are stuck at #8 it's going to be Geno Smith, Nassib, Barkley, Manuel, Vaccaro, Jarvis Jones or Mingo. We just moved Aaron Williams to S, Searcy has looked good, and Bryd is our franchise player, so Vaccaro isn't likely in my opinion.

I think Jarvis Jones makes the most sense as "Nix" pick, he fits all the things Nix loves to say about his picks, "produced for several years against elite competition (SEC), if he did it in college consistently he'll do it in the pro's ... etc".

However, i've read that in the past 3 years, Nix had final say in the pick, it was all him, this year it's a collective between him, Whaley, Brandon and Marrone. I don't know how that could affect the pick, if he could be over-ruled. If anything I hope the collective hits the phones harder than Nix has in the past and is more willing to move around.

Now I'm not sure if Jones fits the Ryan/Pettine defensive mold, but he makes the most sense at #8 if we stay, him or we reach for a QB. If Jones ran a 4.6-4.7 and didn't have a spinal stenosis diagnosis in the past, he'd be considered a top 5 player.

One Bills Drive (Marrone, Nix, Whaley) have been going out of their way to say this QB class is better than people think, so they are either pulling their own smoke screen (we aren't smart enough for that), or we are taking a QB.

This is the NFL draft, not a boyscout draft.

Last edited by essential : 04-23-2013 at 01:27 PM.
essential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL. Kurt Warner is hard on draft prospect QBs. He wasn't bullish on RG3 or Cam Newton either.
I agree that Nassib doesn't wow you on tape. When you take a guy like Nassib that high, it's like you're betting that his mental game is on the Brees/Brady/Peyton Manning level and will exceed his raw physical tools, and I just think that's a huge risk and expectation to put on any rookie QB.

I see glimpses of clutch play and accuracy. He's better than Locker for instance. I think Ponder too. But I still believe any QB playing for the Bills franchise needs to have a special arm to be successful playing in Nov/Dec/Jan.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Glenn is a young player who they invested a fairly high pick in last year. He's going to get a chance to prove himself at LT for another season, and it's likely that all three top offensive tackles by their selection.

Regardless of how good Warmack and Cooper are, the general manager has stated that he likes the in-house options they have at guard and taking a guard towards the top, when you have other significant needs, is a ridiculous thing to do.
Another thing Nix has said is that he doesn't like drafting guards. He prefers to draft tackles, then, if they don't work out, you move them to the guard position. That, coupled with the fact that he has repeatedly said that he thinks our next guard is already on the roster, makes me say with 99.99% certainty that we're not going Warmack or Cooper at 8. Plus, guards never go that high. I don't think we'd go the way of tackle, either, because the highest tackles Buddy has taken are Glenn and McNeill, both in the second round. I really hope people stop mocking guards to the Bills because it's not going to happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh I have always been and still am a fan of Barkley - I wouldn't be upset with him at 8.
Baller, do you know if Barkley worked out for them? Had him in for a visit? I just think Barkley would be perfect fit in Marrone's offense.

Also, Marrone should have a good idea of Barkley's talent since USC played Syracuse the past two years.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Baller, do you know if Barkley worked out for them? Had him in for a visit? I just think Barkley would be perfect fit in Marrone's offense.

Also, Marrone should have a good idea of Barkley's talent since USC played Syracuse the past two years.
Went to his pro day and they had him in for a vist at OBD as well as a private workout in Buffalo.

So I'm hoping you are right. He better be over Nassib.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-23-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Went to his pro day and they had him in for a vist at OBD as well as a private workout in Buffalo.

Thanks for the info. Yea, part of me thinks the Nassib talk is smokescreen - feigning all interest in Barkley. Nassib is an interesting guy but I wouldn't take him this early. Late 1st/Early 2nd is a better area to draft Nassib.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Part of me wants to say they need a cold weather QB up there and not a California guy. You would know the weather better than me, i do know i was up in Cheektowaga in late August one time and i about froze my ass off.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Part of me wants to say they need a cold weather QB up there and not a California guy. You would know the weather better than me, i do know i was up in Cheektowaga in late August one time and i about froze my ass off.
When they say "swirling winds", they aren't kidding.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-23-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

I don't really think a true cold weather QB exists in this group. Nassib played in a dome. Barkley has experience playing in Oregon, Northern California and Washington state in November so he does have some experience. Smith played at WVU so he has some experience in cold weather as well.

The three QB's that I could see throw a ball right through that swirling wind are Bray, Jones and Glennon. Glennon and Jones both have experience in the short to medium passing game in their offenses in college. Bray is a guy I like a ton from a physical standpoint but he has **** for brains which is going to hurt his stock. Obviously, Jones, Glennon or Bray have garnered much consideration at the 8th pick.

Last edited by SolidGold : 04-23-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This would be about as dumb as the Cowboys taking Steve Walsh in the Supplemental Draft (basically using the #1 overall pick on him). Just because he was somewhat successful for Marrone in College doesn't mean he's a good pick in the NFL before late Round 2-early Round 3.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
The three QB's that I could see throw a ball right through that swirling wind are Bray, Jones and Glennon. Glennon and Jones both have experience in the short to medium passing game in their offenses in college. Bray is a guy I like a ton from a physical standpoint but he has **** for brains which is going to hurt his stock. Obviously, Jones, Glennon or Bray have garnered much consideration at the 8th pick.
I agree on Glennon and Bray as far as arm strength. Both of them are perfect fits for vertical offenses. That being said, talk about two guys who I just watched numerous times in college and they never seemed to have "it".

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-23-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Barkley suits their WCO but he just doesn't have the arm strength to handle the winds at Buffalo's stadium, Buffalo needs a QB with a strong arm.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Goganious
Rookie

Goganious is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goganious is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goganious is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goganious is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goganious is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goganious is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goganious is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goganious is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goganious is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goganious is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goganious is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another Bills fan here.

The bottom line is this: the Bills WILL select a QB in the first round. They have spent 9 of their 30 alotted player visits on QBs. Nix, in his draft luncheon, stated that he believes there are "two or three" franchise QBs in this draft. He also recently stated that "teams with good QBs win every year, and teams without them don't." He has also stated that he wants to find the Bills a franchise QB before he retires. He's likely to retire after this season. Add it all together and it equals QB in round 1.

It's going to be either Barkley or Nassib. I'd bet the farm on it.

Safety? Nope, just moved Aaron Williams to safety. Corner? Not gonna take first round CBs two years in a row. OLB? They feel they've got it covered with Mario Williams, Manny Lawson, Arthur Moats, Mark Anderson. Guard at 8? Not on Nix's watch. Ditto WR, where Nix has stated the value is in rounds 2-5.

It WILL be a QB. Reports are that the Bills are trying to move down. This is because they want either Barkley or Nassib, but feel they can still get one of them later. But when it's all said and done, I think they stay at 8 and take their guy. Oh...and it won't be considered a reach if in five years said QB is successful and a franchise QB. Time will tell.
Goganious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't really think a true cold weather QB exists in this group. Nassib played in a dome. Barkley has experience playing in Oregon, Northern California and Washington state in November so he does have some experience. Smith played at WVU so he has some experience in cold weather as well.

Buffalo just gets down right cold, the northwest areas you mentioned are more wet than anything. The exception being Pullman Wa. which is basically everything bad about weather one can imagine.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
BearTooth
Rookie

BearTooth is a cocksman.BearTooth is a cocksman.BearTooth is a cocksman.BearTooth is a cocksman.BearTooth is a cocksman.

If some team took Colin Kaepernick in the first round in 2011, ahead of Locker and Ponder, every draft board on the interwebs would've exploded in righteous ridicule and indignation.
BearTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Goganious
Rookie

Goganious is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goganious is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goganious is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goganious is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goganious is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goganious is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goganious is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goganious is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goganious is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goganious is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Goganious is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, I'm sorry, but the "swirling winds at the Ralph" thing is waaaay overrated. How many bad weather games do the Bills REALLY get per season? 3 or 4?

Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady are both California kids who don't have howitzers for arms, and they do just fine in GB and NE, respectively.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goganious View Post
Also, I'm sorry, but the "swirling winds at the Ralph" thing is waaaay overrated. How many bad weather games do the Bills REALLY get per season? 3 or 4?

Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady are both California kids who don't have howitzers for arms, and they do just fine in GB and NE, respectively.
Aaron Rodgers has a cannon.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-23-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Goganious
Rookie

I don't believe that Nassib or Barkley have appreciably weaker arms than Rodgers or Brady did coming out.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What does Barkley do better than Nassib?
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goganious View Post
Another Bills fan here.

The bottom line is this: the Bills WILL select a QB in the first round. They have spent 9 of their 30 alotted player visits on QBs. Nix, in his draft luncheon, stated that he believes there are "two or three" franchise QBs in this draft. He also recently stated that "teams with good QBs win every year, and teams without them don't." He has also stated that he wants to find the Bills a franchise QB before he retires. He's likely to retire after this season. Add it all together and it equals QB in round 1.

It's going to be either Barkley or Nassib. I'd bet the farm on it.

Safety? Nope, just moved Aaron Williams to safety. Corner? Not gonna take first round CBs two years in a row. OLB? They feel they've got it covered with Mario Williams, Manny Lawson, Arthur Moats, Mark Anderson. Guard at 8? Not on Nix's watch. Ditto WR, where Nix has stated the value is in rounds 2-5.

It WILL be a QB. Reports are that the Bills are trying to move down. This is because they want either Barkley or Nassib, but feel they can still get one of them later. But when it's all said and done, I think they stay at 8 and take their guy. Oh...and it won't be considered a reach if in five years said QB is successful and a franchise QB. Time will tell.
I'd bet the bottom line that they won't. Quoting GM's at this time of the year isn't worth the paper it is written on, they send up smokescreens all the time and working out a bunch of QB's could be to find a solid round 2 QB and have zero to do with round 1.

If they draft either Barkley or Nassib at #8, they'll be back in 2 years trying to find a franchise QB all over again and will have wasted this year's first round pick.

IMO, they can easily get Nassib in round 2 but all the talk concerning Nassib could also be nothing in the end. E.J. Manuel and Mike Glennon might easily be the pick.