Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 04-03-2007, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Jericho@SC
Rookie

Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.
Default Best D-Line Next Year

Who's it going to be? USC? Texas? LSU? UCLA?
Jericho@SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Jericho@SC
Rookie

Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.

My pick is USC, followed by LSU.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ohio State. Not a homer pick either. maybe not at the start of the season, but by the end for sure.

Defensive ends Rob Rose and Vernon Gholston will be the best tandem of defensive ends in the country. Gholston is a freak and was a starter last year, but Rose has even more potential than Gholston, and had the highest sack per play last year on the team. Lawrence Wilson will rotate in who could start over either of them, and would start for any other d1 team in the nation. He might also play defensive tackle.

At tackle, we have 3 guys who have a lot of talent in Doug Worthington, Todd Denlinger, and Dexter Larimore. Nader Abdallah hasnt stepped up, but Joel Penton has a lot of experience and could be a solid starter alike to Marcus Green.

As for other defensive lines, I'd take Iowa, Wisconsin, USC, and LSU on top of what I already mentioned.
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

USC im sayin, they have Jackson, Griffen, Ellis, and they have tons of depth with Da John Harris comin in at tackle
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Jericho@SC
Rookie

who knows how much of an impact Griffen will be. But I'm sure excited that he's a Trojan.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:09 AM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

Its either LSU or USC. They both have 4 quality starters and depth for miles.

I'm more familiar with LSU's of course, so I'll go with that one. Al Jones, Ricky Jean-Francois, Marlon Favorite and Claude Wroten are the starters, I think.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Jericho@SC
Rookie

aren't you forgetting Glen Dorsey?
Old 04-04-2007, 01:45 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well he mentioned Claude Wroten who graduated last year, so I'm assuming he meant Dorsey.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 07:28 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll pick LSU b/c Dorsey is an unbelieveable player

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:34 AM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

USC by a mile. Ellis and Jackson are two of the best in the country at their respective positions, Moala is very good also, and although he'll probably only get situational pt; Everson Griffen is one of the best prospects I've ever seen.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:59 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My pick is LSU

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Solomon
Veteran

Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait45 View Post
Its either LSU or USC. They both have 4 quality starters and depth for miles.

I'm more familiar with LSU's of course, so I'll go with that one. Al Jones, Ricky Jean-Francois, Marlon Favorite and Claude Wroten are the starters, I think.
I'll assume you meant Glenn Dorsey, and aren't you forgetting Tyson Jackson?
Is Al Jones still on the team, where was he this past season?

LSU is my pick as well. DT Al Woods and end Tremaine Johnson give them additional depth.

I would put USC second and Iowa third. Iowa doesn't get alot of pub but they quietly have a very productive group of Dlinemen with Kenny Iwebema, Mitch King, Bryan Mattison and Matt Kroul if they can stay healthy watch out.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Solomon
Veteran

Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.

An extremely talented DLine that could be very good if they put it all together is at Miami. In addition to having arguably the best DE in the nation in Calais Campbell they also have Eric Moncur and Courtney Harris at end to put the pressure on opposing QBs. Along with Antonio Dixon, Teraz McCray and Dwayne Hendricks inside at tackle.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:10 AM    (permalink
constant cough
Rookie

constant cough hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Is Al Jones still on the team, where was he this past season?
Changed his name to Rahim Alem

LSU

RE

No. 93 Tyson Jackson, 6'5", 292, JR
No. 90 Ricky Jean Francois, 6'3", 281, SO
No. 02 Kirston Pittman, 6'4", 260, JR

LE

No. 47 Tremaine, Johnson , 6'2", 273, JR
No. 84 Rahim Alem, 6'3", 252, SO
No. 95 Pep Levingston, RSFR
No. 49 Caleb Angelle, DE, 6’3”, 245, SR.

LT

No. 72 Glen Dorsey, 6'2", 299, SR
No. 97 Al Woods, 6'5", 325, SO

RT

No. 91 Charles Alexander, 6'3", 294, JR
No. 99 Marlon Favorite, 6'1", 300, JR
No. 96 Joseph Barksdale 6’6”, 315, FR

Last edited by constant cough : 04-04-2007 at 10:13 AM.
constant cough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i could see Gholston and Rose stepping it up next year and wreaking havoc off of both ends next year. If we can find some decent run stuffers in the middle then those two will be all over qb's all game every game
Old 04-04-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vernon Gholston is a freak, but OSU shouldn't be in this conversation...

Griffen-Moala-Ellis-Jackson is pretty much unfair.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by constant cough View Post
Changed his name to Rahim Alem

LSU

RE

No. 93 Tyson Jackson, 6'5", 292, JR
No. 90 Ricky Jean Francois, 6'3", 281, SO
No. 02 Kirston Pittman, 6'4", 260, JR

LE

No. 47 Tremaine, Johnson , 6'2", 273, JR
No. 84 Rahim Alem, 6'3", 252, SO
No. 95 Pep Levingston, RSFR
No. 49 Caleb Angelle, DE, 6í3Ē, 245, SR.

LT

No. 72 Glen Dorsey, 6'2", 299, SR
No. 97 Al Woods, 6'5", 325, SO

RT

No. 91 Charles Alexander, 6'3", 294, JR
No. 99 Marlon Favorite, 6'1", 300, JR
No. 96 Joseph Barksdale 6í6Ē, 315, FR
Barksdale is going to be the best D-Lineman LSU has ever had.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

No mention of UM which has been one of the most dominating defensive lines last year and has the best DE in the land in Campbell?
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
If he can raise his consistency on every snap he might.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
Untill he decommits and gives someone else a silent verbal.

Quote:
Old 04-05-2007, 02:39 AM    (permalink
504 to ATL
Veteran

504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL

I doubt Barksdale decommitts, he is in for spring practices so he will get a legitimate chance for playing time. By next year he will see a good number of snaps.

Also the word around LSU campus is that Tyson Jackson has turned into an absolute monster, no one is anywhere near close to even slowing him down. Each coach has singled him out as having by FAR the most impressive spring.

With Dorsey being the beast he was last year, and a dominant edge rusher in Tyson along with two 6'5"+ 315 lbs+ defensive tackles(barksdale, Jones) no one will be able to run against them.
504 to ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Solomon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan79 View Post
No mention of UM which has been one of the most dominating defensive lines last year and has the best DE in the land in Campbell?
I metioned them a few posts before your own.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:25 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The UM DL is too unproven for me, it's a very good unit, but not on the level of USC and LSU. Campbell is a monster, I love McCray, Dixon is big but unproven, Moncur played well last year but needs to step it up a notch, a guy who is supposed to have a big impact next year is Steven Wesley who is going to be the back up for Campbell next season. It is a very good unit, but they need to prove a bit more before to be with USC and LSU.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504 to ATL View Post
I doubt Barksdale decommitts, he is in for spring practices so he will get a legitimate chance for playing time. By next year he will see a good number of snaps.

Also the word around LSU campus is that Tyson Jackson has turned into an absolute monster, no one is anywhere near close to even slowing him down. Each coach has singled him out as having by FAR the most impressive spring.

With Dorsey being the beast he was last year, and a dominant edge rusher in Tyson along with two 6'5"+ 315 lbs+ defensive tackles(barksdale, Jones) no one will be able to run against them.

It was a joke, he's already a student there.

Quote:
Old 04-05-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say USC is gonna have the best D-Line, but LSU will probably have a monster front four too.

Ohio State probably will have the best DE rotation next year by far with studs Gholston and Wilson starting, and Rob Rose and Alex Barrow in there too. Gholston and Rose will probably be first or second round draft picks when they leave. If OSU had a better DT rotation they would be the best without question.