Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-26-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Lol? Yeah he was totally on the money about the Vikings targeting Te'o when they traded back into the 1st right?
Compared to the others, he was on point.

If you want, go to Jason La Canfora for your info and see where that gets you.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
The Jets have no bigger need than QB though. If they truly like Geno, or any other QB, then it's a no-brainer move.
If they truly liked him they would have taken him with one of their firsts.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I hope we can nab Chris Faulk in the 3rd.
if recent moves on most boards are anything to go by hell last beyond that

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
If they truly liked him they would have taken him with one of their firsts.
That doesn't really make any sense. He could have been 6-10th on their big board, that doesn't mean they didn't like him, they clearly liked milliner and Richardson more. But now that he's within reach at 33 they want to land him. If it were me I'd just stay put and take one of damonster, Cyprien, hunter, or Geno/Barkley if they're there.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reading back through this thread I find it hilarious everyone mocking the Vikings for trading up for Te'o, and then for giving up the rest of their draft for Patterson, when they still have a 4th, 5th, 6th, and two 7ths. I can understand DiG's dislike of it due to his personal grading of Patterson, but it's just that, his grading. I'm not going to lie and say I'm a huge fan of Patterson. I had him as my #4 WR(behind Hunter, Allen, and Hopkins), but still had him as an early 2nd rounder, so if they felt someone was going to take him in that area, then by all means go up and get him.

According to Spielman, all three picks were in the Vikings 2nd tier of prospects:
Quote:
The Minnesota Vikings had one player alone in the top tier of their draft board on Thursday night. He was long gone before their first pick rolled around at No. 23 overall.

But as the selections kept coming -- eight offensive linemen, five defensive linemen, five defensive backs, one receiver, one quarterback, one linebacker, one tight end -- everyone in the draft room at Winter Park could see the three names that weren't moving from Tier 2.

Florida defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd, Florida State cornerback Xavier Rhodes and Tennessee receiver Cordarrelle Patterson were there for the taking.
Link

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hard to predict anything but Zach Ertz to the Niners at #34 seems to be a lock.

I'm getting that same kick the can down the road vibe from my Patriots. They seem adverse to going after 1st round picks these days. I think BB would just as soon have every pick in the 3rd round.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
That doesn't really make any sense. He could have been 6-10th on their big board, that doesn't mean they didn't like him, they clearly liked milliner and Richardson more. But now that he's within reach at 33 they want to land him. If it were me I'd just stay put and take one of damonster, Cyprien, hunter, or Geno/Barkley if they're there.
Fair enough. I would add that they are desperate for a QB (or should be) so targeting other positions tells me Smith wasn't high in their estimation.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fair enough. I would add that they are desperate for a QB (or should be) so targeting other positions tells me Smith wasn't high in their estimation.
Well there's varying degrees of BPA drafting. Idzik is clearly prescribing to the true definition of it, where you give players grade as if you don't have a scheme, current players, etc etc that could effect your grades. Being desperate for a qb shouldn't have effected their value of Geno. We also should be equally 'desperate' for a TE and FS. G and OLB as well. Qb isn't even a top 3 need in actuality.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
C'mon Mayock. Pound that table for someone.
Alright, alright. I'll put my GM hat on and make some discussion of it.

Pick 55.

First pick here is Cyprien, other than him I don't like a safety in the second and he likely won't be around.

Eddie Lacy. DeJuan Harris, Alex Green, James Starks, and Cedric Benson aren't striking any fear or demanding respect from any defense in the league. Then again, I have a feeling that there's enough potential there for TT to lay off on a premium pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Teddy got off to a good start so I'm optimistic.

Quinton Patton would be preferred
I like Quinton Patton but I also like Stedman Bailey. Give me him at 88.

I had no idea what we were doing Rd.1 but Jones is a fantastic start. Margus Hunt in the second would have been nice too but we scored big time with our first.

Round 1: Datone Jones
Round 2: Eddie Lacy, more likely to be there than Cyprien
Round 3: Stedman Bailey

But I will guarantee you that won't happen. An OLB to add into rotation with Perry would be nice if we were able to find value. A safety is a need so we can put Burnett back at his natural position. I'm caught up in the sexy picks with Lacy and a WR, two of the easiest positions to find later in the draft. Realistically, Green Bay should keep to the defensive side of the ball. Mike Neal from Purdue hasn't performed, Worthy blew out his knee, Jones was our 1st rounder, and we have Raji. I'm not sure the need at DL is entirely gone but I don't know if it warrants another premium pick.

Round 2: Arthur Brown
Round 3: JJ Wilcox

In this scenario we have help on the ILB after losing DJ Smith, AJ Hawk leave a lot to be desired, and aside from that, there isn't much promise. LBs are a huge part of a 3-4. Just look at the successful 3-4 teams. Small school safety in the 3rd that could be a steal. The flaw here is the lack of addressing the pass rush, as well as a WR, which I think TT is focused on. No one is forgetting Jennings departure.

Round 2: Quinton Patton
Round 3: Damontre Moore

Green Bay gets their signature 2nd round WR, and a rush linebacker in the 3rd. Trusting the safety depth, they pass on the position.

I want to stay far away from Moore but I also don't like many passrushers left.

Random.

Last edited by tjsunstein : 04-26-2013 at 02:17 PM.
tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
if recent moves on most boards are anything to go by hell last beyond that
4th is even better. And I feel better about KV after watching his sports science video and watching him single handedly shut down tavon austin
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

I must be having a stroke, because the idiots on nfl network are agreeing with me about dion jordan. Especially Heath Evans, man that guy is dumb. Almost wish they had said it was a good trade and pick =[
Old 04-26-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Compared to the others, he was on point.

If you want, go to Jason La Canfora for your info and see where that gets you.
I stopped listening to everyone about the time I read that the Jets were targeting Nassib in the 1st, and the bills were linked to 4 different players in the 1st from 'credible sources' and none of those were Manuel.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hard to predict anything but Zach Ertz to the Niners at #34 seems to be a lock.

I'm getting that same kick the can down the road vibe from my Patriots. They seem adverse to going after 1st round picks these days. I think BB would just as soon have every pick in the 3rd round.
I think Eddie Lacy at 37 could be a lock.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i feel sorry for dee milliner. he's been asked about darrelle revis 346493 times already.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
i feel sorry for dee milliner. he's been asked about darrelle revis 346493 times already.
At least that gets the questions away from why he can't catch.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He better get used to it because, like it or not, the names Milliner and Revis will be synonymous with the New York media for quite some time.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It is a little repetitive, but do you think deep down he really gives a ****? He just got taken 9th overall in the NFL draft, don't feel sorry for him.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 04-26-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
One of the story lines they continue to beat to death. Manti Teo, Geno Smith.......i wish they'd get some new material.

Seems to me Cromartie is stepping into Revis's shoes and Dee will man the other side. Won't lose any sleep over the Jets that's for sure.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Exactly.

We took Gilmore top 10 last year, and thrust him into #1 CB slot and made him play man to man on # 1 wideouts every week.

Milliner has the benefit of having Cromartie on the other side which everyone is forgetting, and he will be covering all the #1's.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder what the Chiefs are going to do today. Trade up? Trade Albert? What what what is going on.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it just sucks because it's not his fault he's been put into that situation. and once he's answered it the first time there's really no need to ask it again. anyone can go watch his first interview and find his answer.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I wonder what the Chiefs are going to do today. Trade up? Trade Albert? What what what is going on.
Sounds like they're trying to move Albert and i'm sure they'd like to get a 2nd back for him.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
One of the story lines they continue to beat to death. Manti Teo, Geno Smith.......i wish they'd get some new material.

Seems to me Cromartie is stepping into Revis's shoes and Dee will man the other side. Won't lose any sleep over the Jets that's for sure.
Seriously on the material part. God only knows the amount of times I've heard the name Manti Te'o these past couple of days.

Last edited by Donno : 04-26-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Donno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ian Rappaport (spelling) said that the Pats are the favorites for Lattimore

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
Ian Rappaport (spelling) said that the Pats are the favorites for Lattimore
You guys would.

Sig by the King BK

Quote: