Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-26-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Favorite / Least Favorite Day 2 Picks

Nobody really wants to go through and grade all of the Day 2 picks, but invariably there will be a few that you think are really great value, and a few that left you scratching your head.

My Favorites:
1) Dwayne Gratz (#64 to the Jags)
2) Keenan Allen (#76 to the Bolts)
3) Terron Armstead (#75 to the Saints)

All three of these guys are guys I had late 1-high 2 grades on, and the above teams landed a guy who I expect to be a major contributor in the third round.

My least favorite picks:
1) Duron Harmon (#91 to the Pats)
2) Kayvon Webster (#90 to the Broncos)
3) Knile Davis (#96 to the Chiefs)

Honestly, I didn't have a draftable grade on any of these guys. Obviously every NFL GM knows better than I did, but I'm left scratching my head on these ones. I don't think the picks are horrible mistakes by any stretch of the imagination they were just "huh?" picks when they came up.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Margus Hunt to the Bengals is a favorite for the simple fact that he's going to Zimmer who's a magician with boom/bust prospects.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eddie Lacy to the Packers.
That's who most experts had them taking with their 1st round pick.
Instead, not only did Ted Thompson get him in the 2nd round, he also traded down and still got him, acquiring additional picks.

They have 10 tomorrow (as it stands now, surely he will deal more tomorrow... made 3 tonight).

My least favorite was the HoneyBadger.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:25 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
Margus Hunt to the Bengals is a favorite for the simple fact that he's going to Zimmer who's a magician with boom/bust prospects.

Yes. Great pick, that D-line has talent all over it. Also loved Christine Michael to Seattle, it'll take awhile but that pick will end up being well worth it, I think they'll find a way to incorporate him early. It's a luxury pick, but somehow they end up with all these talented guys who fall for character issues and get the value out of the pick. I can't wait to see this offense in the pre-season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:45 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Duron Harmond was def a huge surprise. There isn't a ton of video to watch of him online... but I did view some and he did look more impressive (stuck out more) to me than Logan Ryan (obviously, two different positions). He could be a sleeper. We have never had a "True" FS... which he seems to be

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:47 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want to be a homer but the Ravens taking Arthur Brown is the highlight of the day for me. Chicago taking Bostic was one of my least favorite picks considering who else was on the board for them at that time. I'm not a fan of Bostic though so I'm a bit biased.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:45 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
If Zimmer can make a player out of Hunt then I will nominate him for coach of the year. I think Hunt is one of the most overrated prospects in this year's draft.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:02 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good picks
-john cyprien, s, jags
-justin hunter, wr, titans
-robert woords, wr, bills
-david amerson, cb/s, redskins
-jamar taylor, cb, phins
-arthur brown, lb, ravens
-larry warford, og, lions
-keenan allen, wr, chargers
-markus wheaton, wr, steelers
-john jenkins, nt, saints
-corey lemonier, olb, 49ers

dont like
-jamie collins, lb, patriots
-leon mcfadden, cb, browns
-marquis goodwin, wr, bills
-hugh thornton, og, colts
-jordan hill, dt, seahawks
-kayvon webster, cb, usf
-duron harmon, s, patriots

every other pick is what you kind of expected out of the team imo.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:51 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
If Zimmer can make a player out of Hunt then I will nominate him for coach of the year. I think Hunt is one of the most overrated prospects in this year's draft.
How do you figure? He's got all the tools you need to be a monster on the D-line, he's just raw and needs some coaching and technique. What better place could he go then with Zimmer on a line that features Michael Johnson, Carlons Dunlap, and Geno Atkins. It really isn't going to be all that surprising when he starts making plays with all things considered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Eddie Lacy to the Packers.
That's who most experts had them taking with their 1st round pick.
Instead, not only did Ted Thompson get him in the 2nd round, he also traded down and still got him, acquiring additional picks.
Thanks for that btw from the Seahawks. Allowed us to do likewise and get a 5th and 6th and still get Christine Michael.

Ten picks on Saturday. That's ridiculous.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

leveon bell was a terrible pick. ruined my night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:34 AM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
leveon bell was a terrible pick. ruined my night
I'd rather have him than Lacy, want to trade?
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
People murdered Carlos Dunlap and Michael Johnson as well. Never underestimate Zimmer.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I don't want to be a homer but the Ravens taking Arthur Brown is the highlight of the day for me. Chicago taking Bostic was one of my least favorite picks considering who else was on the board for them at that time. I'm not a fan of Bostic though so I'm a bit biased.
I'm with you. I liked Brown more than Minter, Bostic, Teo, and Alonso and he went behind all of them.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I'd rather have him than Lacy, want to trade?
No lol

It does kinda blow my mind that lacy went that far when lendale white went top of the second without running a 40 at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote