Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-04-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
superman
Veteran

superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wilder runs like a he's possessed. Like a poor-man's Adrian Peterson. I think he needs to leave this year and get into the NFL asap because of his style. He could be a top half of the 1st round pick.

Then you have Karlos Williams next year and the sky is the limit when it comes to his draft potential. It's crazy they have both of them on the same team right now.

Now that I think about it, FSU has a few legit freaks at their skill positions. Benjamin looks Calvin-esque at times.

And that Winston QB isn't too bad.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The talent on that team is unreal.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James Wilder Jr. reminds me of a younger James Wilder.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know Devonta Freeman is a future pro, but it's still shocking how few carries Wilder Jr. is getting this season.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I know Devonta Freeman is a future pro, but it's still shocking how few carries Wilder Jr. is getting this season.
He dinged up his shoulder pretty good then had a concussion, this last game was pretty much only the second game he's been healthy for this season. Add to that FSU is throwing the ball a lot more and now Karlos Williams is stealing carries. He's still an elite talent and if anything this is lengthening his NFL career.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman View Post
Wilder runs like a he's possessed. Like a poor-man's Adrian Peterson. I think he needs to leave this year and get into the NFL asap because of his style. He could be a top half of the 1st round pick.

Then you have Karlos Williams next year and the sky is the limit when it comes to his draft potential. It's crazy they have both of them on the same team right now.

Now that I think about it, FSU has a few legit freaks at their skill positions. Benjamin looks Calvin-esque at times.

And that Winston QB isn't too bad.
WHOA NELLY

You are way overboard on Wilder. He is a big physical runner, but he never really explodes and doesn't run even close to as violent as a guy like Peterson. He's been a good back, but nowhere even near a top prospect. Not to mention, he is always getting dinged up. If you get hurt like this in college, it will likely keep happening in the pros.

I think he's a guy who can wear down a defense if he can stay healthy because he's so consistently strong and falling forward. I really wish he would run like he's trying to take the ball to the house more, because I've never really seen him explode like that. He's more of a poor man's Eddie George.

Karlos is the guy who reminds me of Peterson, so fast and runs violently. He just needs to learn to play the position. Could be a big time player in the future.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
He is a big physical runner, but he never really explodes He's more of a poor man's Eddie George.
I usually don't pull this one out, but... Have you watched much of him?
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
superman
Veteran

superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
WHOA NELLY

You are way overboard on Wilder. He is a big physical runner, but he never really explodes and doesn't run even close to as violent as a guy like Peterson. He's been a good back, but nowhere even near a top prospect. Not to mention, he is always getting dinged up. If you get hurt like this in college, it will likely keep happening in the pros.

I think he's a guy who can wear down a defense if he can stay healthy because he's so consistently strong and falling forward. I really wish he would run like he's trying to take the ball to the house more, because I've never really seen him explode like that. He's more of a poor man's Eddie George.

Karlos is the guy who reminds me of Peterson, so fast and runs violently. He just needs to learn to play the position. Could be a big time player in the future.
Ok, maybe a rich man's Marion Barber though. When he was a beast for the Cowboys for a season or two. It just looks like Wilder is always trying to punch the defenders before they tackle him.

Karlos is more straight line and smooth. I don't see any Peterson there. He's probably the better prospect overall, but Wilder is a first round RB. Even in today's NFL where that's becoming more rare.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:52 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I usually don't pull this one out, but... Have you watched much of him?
Yes...I am an FSU alum so I've seen every single snap. He just never looks very fast on the football field. Compared to a guy like Karlos who looks like he is shot out of a cannon when he gets the ball. Now obvously Karlos is faster, but Wilder is faster than he plays imo. But he never hits the whole with much speed.

He's a good player, very powerful and has great balance to keep chugging forward. Has been very good at bouncing off guys in short yardage situations to get the first down. But he's not an elite prospect by any means. The best RB's have a mix between taking what the defense gives you, and trying to take the ball to the house. I just don't see the latter part with JWJ.

There's no way on earth he's a first rounder. I mean Eddie Lacy fell to the second round. If JWJ declares after this year, his best season would be last year with 635 yards and 11 TD's. We're talking about a guy whose had double digit carries 6 times in his career with a career high of 16! And people thought Reggie Bush hadn't shown he could carry a workload...

Also when Peterson came out of college, he was not known as the cutter that he is today. He was pretty straight line, downhill, fast and powerful. Karlos hasn't shown much yet, but he had a run in the Miami game where he showed some natural cutting ability for the first time. Usually his runs are a one cut and get downhill kind of play because he doesn't have much experience reading blockers. But his running style really looks like Peterson to me, looks like he was shot out of a cannon but is just a beast physically.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills or something with this discussion.

Last edited by BuddyCHRIST : 11-06-2013 at 12:01 AM.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote