Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 05-07-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Yeah, I guess it is an interesting way for an investigator to get his thoughts out without being outed.

Unfortunately those thoughts that were shared were meh.
I don't think they would have an investigative role as well. That would be kind of unfair to the bad guys to have an investigator be able to anonymously give their results. Plus, if it was an investigator, he likely would have given a more clear position on someone. I think their only role is to write something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I guess it is an interesting way for an investigator to get his thoughts out without being outed.

Unfortunately those thoughts that were shared were meh.
It doesn't have to be an investigator.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I doubt that power would be given to an actual cop in the game (it is almost certainly a Miami PD member from the show though). That would probably be way too powerful as a role....they could just out themselves as a cop anonymously in the note and reveal their findings on a daily basis. My guess is a "townie" has the ability to write the post.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
When we used it in DDN, it was a town-aligned role. Doesn't mean it couldn't be a scum role though. I don't know enough about Dexter but if there was a tech-savvy bad-guy, he could have hacked it, or a dirty cop could have sent it.
Could be the BF of the babysitter then, but idk....feels like it would be a town aligned role now that I've given it some additional thought.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:25 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When we used it in DDN, it was a town-aligned role. Doesn't mean it couldn't be a scum role though. I don't know enough about Dexter but if there was a tech-savvy bad-guy, he could have hacked it, or a dirty cop could have sent it.
Definitely potential for a dirty cop.

It easily could be either good or bad person that is writing those e-mails, so I don't know how much we should lean on it, if at all.

A good conversation starter, though.

RIP themaninblack
Old 05-07-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Well, I doubt that power would be given to an actual cop in the game (it is almost certainly a Miami PD member from the show though). That would probably be way too powerful as a role....they could just out themselves as a cop anonymously in the note and reveal their findings on a daily basis. My guess is a "townie" has the ability to write the post.
A lame reality. Probably true.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:28 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely a good conversation starter. Like R4L coming in and voting no lynch. He said let's give the German a chance and then casts the final vote which made it impossible for the German to actually speak day one. It wasn't like Renji was even close to being lynched so there was no need to vote so quickly. Odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Definitely potential for a dirty cop.

It easily could be either good or bad person that is writing those e-mails, so I don't know how much we should lean on it, if at all.

A good conversation starter, though.
One way to find out of the role is good or bad is to lynch someone on the list and see the results.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I think there is definitely the potential for dirty cops (Quinn) or incompetent cops (well, pretty much everyone in Miami PD).
Old 05-07-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jr i might be inexperienced but if i have a bad role i'm not just going to voluntarily disappear. The week's busy for me and I can't use a phone at this job.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
One way to find out of the role is good or bad is to lynch someone on the list and see the results.
that wouldn't help prove anything.

RIP themaninblack
Old 05-07-2013, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really starting to think D is evil.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
that wouldn't help prove anything.
I thought it would be as simple as this...

If the person we lynch is good, then the email came from a bad person.

ie. If it was a hacker, then he might want to set up a frame for the town to lynch.

If the person we lynch turned out bad, then that would make the person sending an email a sure good guy.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
I really starting to think D is evil.
Wouldn't be your first broth up. :)
Old 05-07-2013, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I thought it would be as simple as this...

If the person we lynch is good, then the email came from a bad person.

ie. If it was a hacker, then he might want to set up a frame for the town to lynch.

If the person we lynch turned out bad, then that would make the person sending an email a sure good guy.
This is not true in the slightest. If the author is a townie, they have no more insight into that roles than anyone else on the side of good.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
This is not true in the slightest. If the author is a townie, they have no more insight into that roles than anyone else on the side of good.
Yeah, since then I realized there are too many what if's.

This game needs more involvement. I'm disappointed in the guys who signed up but don't contribute.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:45 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know it's something to talk about, but I'm not seeing a whole lot of benefit down this path, at the moment.

Do I know of a more productive path? No. So ignore me.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wouldn't be your first broth up. :)
Its hardly a broth up to suspect someone specially this early in the game.

My reasoning is not great but at this point it is about as good as we've got right now.

1. He attempted to get names in the discussion thread. Now I know he's claimed it was only a jape but what if it wasn't? I've seen all too often someone ask who's holding the game up and someone say "not me".

2. openly suggesting we follow a strategy that destroyed the town in the DDN game.

3. Now this is just a feeling but it seems like he is fishing this isn't that strong and I could easily be wrong but that is my feeling.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
I know it's something to talk about, but I'm not seeing a whole lot of benefit down this path, at the moment.

Do I know of a more productive path? No. So ignore me.
Yeah, I don't think there is anything to be garnered from the letter. At least not today. But at least it is discussion. I'm hoping that the Germasian and other non-participators come out to play tm.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually had the exact same thoughts regarding D. Ironically, that makes me suspicious of Broth because I usually find him to be evil when he plays this smart, haha.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:59 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I actually had the exact same thoughts regarding D. Ironically, that makes me suspicious of Broth because I usually find him to be evil when he plays this smart, haha.
Grizz you foolish fool!

You establish that you're mind is working the same as broth's.
This of course leaves you vulnerable to broth ups.
You actually think broth is evil because he is playing like you, who is evil.

Ipso brotho, Grizz is evil. Probably a serial killer.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
Its hardly a broth up to suspect someone specially this early in the game.

My reasoning is not great but at this point it is about as good as we've got right now.

1. He attempted to get names in the discussion thread. Now I know he's claimed it was only a jape but what if it wasn't? I've seen all too often someone ask who's holding the game up and someone say "not me".

2. openly suggesting we follow a strategy that destroyed the town in the DDN game.

3. Now this is just a feeling but it seems like he is fishing this isn't that strong and I could easily be wrong but that is my feeling.
I didn't play the DDN game, but apparently the guys back then had the same initial thoughts I had a moment ago. I'm perfectly fine not doing anything about the names in the email. I just thought it was something to go off of, but apparently it's a road that leads nowhere.

Am I fishing for clues? mmmyeah.

At least I won't be guilty for being a silent player. Am I ever???
Old 05-07-2013, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I used to think that way, but Broth isn't really a bad player anymore. He has improved a lot and limits the broth ups. And at least he isn't afraid to take his own stances, unlike like other people...cough...r4l....cough.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unvote:

Not gonna leave a vote on someone for no reason. I'm heading to bed, catch you guys in the morning.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Current Vote Count:

Buckeye (1): JR,

With 14 alive 8 are needed for consensus.