Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Really? Over-the-hill Carson Palmer is going to save Arizona, who has a terrible offensive line (Cooper helps, but it's still bad) and can't run the ball at all? The Cardinals are going to win over 8 games with San Francisco and Seattle in the division with the Rams not that far behind? Oh and they play in the tougher conference? Well, stranger things have happened I guess.
Yeah. I do think the former no. 1 overall pick and Pro Bowler is going to look a lot different throwing to Larry Fitzgerald and Malcolm Floyd than he did in Purgatory. Arizona has a better line (especially with Cooper) than people realize, and I think they'll be able to run the ball. If they can win a couple games in the NFL's strongest division, they're going to win a lot of games outside of it and be a legitimate force in the league. I'm not predicting the Super Bowl, or even the playoffs, but that they'll be a team which will put up a serious fight against anybody.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol at the mention of Flacco.
2008 QB Rating: 80.3, 22nd in the NFL
2009 QB Rating: 88.9, 13th in the NFL
2010 QB Rating: 93.6, 7th in the NFL
2011 QB Rating: 80.9, 18th in the NFL
2012 QB Rating: 87.7, 12th in the NFL

2010 only year to even consider him, and he probably turned it down as that year was a crapfest for QB's
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Flowers is a pretty damn good CB. He's never mentioned with the best in the game (he shouldn't be) but I think he's on that next tier.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:36 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
2010 only year to even consider him, and he probably turned it down as that year was a crapfest for QB's
Even if you turn it down, you are still considered a pro bowler.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Yeah. I do think the former no. 1 overall pick and Pro Bowler is going to look a lot different throwing to Larry Fitzgerald and Malcolm Floyd than he did in Purgatory. Arizona has a better line (especially with Cooper) than people realize, and I think they'll be able to run the ball. If they can win a couple games in the NFL's strongest division, they're going to win a lot of games outside of it and be a legitimate force in the league. I'm not predicting the Super Bowl, or even the playoffs, but that they'll be a team which will put up a serious fight against anybody.
We'll see, Palmer has a lot to prove again. He hasn't performed well in 6-7 years. He is being put on a lot better offense than Cincinnati could offer post 2006, and it's definitely better than the Raiders offense, but he still needs to prove himself before anyone can say anything about him with any certainty.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was shocked when fenikz pointed out that Calais Campbell hasn't been to a Pro Bowl. I see him as the prototypical 3-4 DE.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
We'll see, Palmer has a lot to prove again. He hasn't performed well in 6-7 years. He is being put on a lot better offense than Cincinnati could offer post 2006, and it's definitely better than the Raiders offense, but he still needs to prove himself before anyone can say anything about him with any certainty.
And that's fair, but is also basically what I'm saying - this is the best set of wideouts he's had since Housh and Chad Johnson were in their prime, so it's a wait-and-see thing. Which is why I said I wasn't predicting anything substantial; the reason Carson Palmer got brought up in the first place wasn't to say he was going to have a Pro Bowl type season, but that Arizona is so strong in other facets of the game, and their QB play so abysmal last year, that I think Carson Palmer is going to be a very effective band-aid, even if they still want to bring in a young QB in the next draft. I mean, if I was AZ's GM I'd be feeling good about my team's prospects for this season while keeping a very close eye on the incoming crop of QBs.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:36 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I was shocked when fenikz pointed out that Calais Campbell hasn't been to a Pro Bowl. I see him as the prototypical 3-4 DE.
Surprised as well. He gets overshadowed by Darnell Dockett on that line so that could be part of it.

The craziest part is a lot of people didn't think Campbell would be a good fit when he got drafted to Arizona in the 3-4.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely Player A from my team
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:42 AM    (permalink
Wodwo
Rookie

Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Huff and Danieal Manning have both made the All Pro team, but never made a Pro Bowl.
Wodwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
Mike Pouncey.
This times a billion.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Campbell seems like the easy winner here. Dude is way too good to have not made a Pro Bowl.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
oh yeah, he's pretty good too.

Last edited by TACKLE : 05-11-2013 at 01:28 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wodwo View Post
Michael Huff and Danieal Manning have both made the All Pro team, but never made a Pro Bowl.
I'm glad someone else was the first to mention Danieal Manning for once. Most underrated player in the league.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I don't even pay attention to the Pro Bowl anymore. It's such a joke.
^ ^ THIS ^ ^
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
yes indeed.

The likes of David Garrard, Kerry Collins, Matt Cassel, Vince Young and even Derek Anderson have made the Pro Bowl over Flacco.

Although I do remember Flacco was invited one year as an alternate but he turned it down.

Just goes to show you what a joke the pro bowl really is.
or what a joke Flacco's elite status is....

-not that the pro bowl isn't a joke
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber

Demaryius Thomas or Dez Bryant.
JordanTaber is offline   Reply With Quote