Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:05 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.
Default NFL Live on ESPN top 5 QB's on the hotseat for 2007.

according to NFL Live on ESPN:

1. Jay Cutler of the Broncos

2. Donovan Mcnabb of the Eagles

3. Rex Grossman of the Bears

4. Michael Vick of the Falcons

5. Eli Manning of the Giants.

Everyone makes sense except for Jay Culter. Why would you put a guy who is just entering his second year, had a descent rookie year, started for only 4 or 5 games on this list? Is it because of the pressure of suceeding the legendary Jake Plummer?

I would put Tony Romo on this list in place of Cutler.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:06 AM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

I guess throwing multiple td passes in every start wasn't enough.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:08 AM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

I don't see why McNabb would be on the hotseat more so than guys like Grossman, Vick and Manning. He has played very well, MVP caliber last year, he's just gotten hurt the last two years. If he gets hurt again this year, then clearly there's a problem, but that seems unlikely to me.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:08 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
according to NFL Live on ESPN:

1. Jay Cutler of the Broncos

2. Donovan Mcnabb of the Eagles

3. Rex Grossman of the Bears

4. Michael Vick of the Falcons

5. Eli Manning of the Giants.

Everyone makes sense except for Jay Culter. Why would you put a guy who is just entering his second year, had a descent rookie year, started for only 4 or 5 games on this list? Is it because of the pressure of suceeding the legendary Jake Plummer?

I would put Tony Romo on this list in place of Cutler.

Cutler will have a hot seat for the rest of his career but next year...not really maybe luke warm not hot.

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:13 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jay Cutler makes no sense. Especially being number 1. All th eothers make some sense.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:15 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO, Favre should be on that list. If he doesnt proform well, I could see Mike switching the qb to better the future for the Packers.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:18 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How did I know that Eli Manning was on the list? I mean come on, once I saw the thread was made by you, and it involved qbs, I knew you just got an absolute hard on once they mentioned Eli's name. You couldnt wait to make this thread.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:19 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
IMO, Favre should be on that list. If he doesnt proform well, I could see Mike switching the qb to better the future for the Packers.
That will never happen as long as Favre can walk on to the field.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cutler?

He was statisticaly one of the top quarterbacks in the league over the last 5 games, he came in the middle of a playoff run and preformed, thats just idiotic to say he is on the hot seat

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:45 AM    (permalink
PickedOffTwice
Rookie

PickedOffTwice is a cocksman.PickedOffTwice is a cocksman.PickedOffTwice is a cocksman.PickedOffTwice is a cocksman.

Everyones Bitching about Charlie Frye not being the future for Cleveland yadda yadda, yet McNabbs or Cutlers job is more in danger than Fryes? Gimme a break.
PickedOffTwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:49 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PickedOffTwice View Post
Everyones Bitching about Charlie Frye not being the future for Cleveland yadda yadda, yet McNabbs or Cutlers job is more in danger than Fryes? Gimme a break.
That's because nobody cares about the Browns, outside of Cleveland of course.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:07 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cutler is a BS addition to this list, let alone #1. He is the unquestioned starter, and he showed good progress last season. He is secure in his job, and the Bronocs aren't going to yank him.

McNabb is on the hotseat, though. He is coming back from a serious knee surgery. He hasn't finished 3 of the last 5 seasons due to injuries. He is supposed to be the leader of the team, but he can't stay healthy. He is also 31. It is a huge year for him. If he doesn't come through, the Eagles will have to look QB in the next draft or 2.

Rex Grossman is very apt. Everyone knows the points there. I think he should be #1.

Michael Vick is a good example. He needs to develop, or all of his overrated hype will start to wane. The pressure is also on the new coaching staff.

Eli Manning has a lot of pressure on him because Coughlin's fate hangs in the balance. Without Tiki there, it is 100% his team. He has to take the reigns and win games. I'm not sure that means he should be on the list over other players, but he does have some pressure on him.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:10 AM    (permalink
haccess

I understand why Vick is "in the hotseat" but I'm sure he's not sweating about it too much. He has a fat, long term contract and Schaub is gone. Why worry?
Old 04-04-2007, 10:16 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFL has no guaranteed contracts. If he sucks in 2007, the Falcons could easily move to get Brian Brohm to replace him. This is one of his last years to really prove he is worth it. Vick is being paid like an All-Pro QB, but he hasn't really delivered that much.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

culpepper should be up there he most likely will lose his job before the year starts.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:51 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I dont really think Cutler is on a hot seat either...Maybe they said him because he is a young QB on a team with superbowl aspirations. Also, I dont think they meant to put em in any particular order.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Star Wideout
Veteran

Star Wideout hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Jake Delhomme should be on the list he was really shaky at times last season.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1. Michael Vick
2. Eli Manning
3. J.P. Losman
4. Trent Green
5. Ben Roethlisberger
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:56 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
The NFL has no guaranteed contracts. If he sucks in 2007, the Falcons could easily move to get Brian Brohm to replace him. This is one of his last years to really prove he is worth it. Vick is being paid like an All-Pro QB, but he hasn't really delivered that much.
The Falcons are really going to have a real suckage record to get Brian Bohm. Doubt that will happen.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
The Falcons are really going to have a real suckage record to get Brian Bohm. Doubt that will happen.
I had the Falcons in my list of the 6 teams I think have the best shot at the # 1 overall pick. They don't have as much going for them as people think.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:23 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan79 View Post
culpepper should be up there he most likely will lose his job before the year starts.
I think you have to be on a seat to be on a hot seat.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
I think you have to be on a seat to be on a hot seat.
Bingo, exactly why I didn't list him. It'd be like listing Charlie Frye..... is he even going to be on the seat to start with?
Old 04-04-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Cutler?

Manning?
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:28 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
3. J.P. Losman
4. Trent Green
I'm pretty sure Green doesn't even have a starting job. And JP Losman? What?

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:31 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wideout View Post
I think Jake Delhomme should be on the list he was really shaky at times last season.
agree completely. He has been bad news since the SEA game in the playoffs of 05. The Panthers will either sign Carr or spend a 1st day pick on a QB to put pressure on him.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote