Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Denver Bronco56's posts in this thread are so bad and contradicting that people from both sides of the debate are arguing against him.
lol sad but true
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru View Post

Luck at times drove me nuts because one play you were like 'damn that was a nice throw' and others you'd just be like 'damn'. His inconsistency had a lot to do with his coach thinking he was Tom Brady as a rookie and failed him by not establishing the run. Sometimes the turnovers dictated that as well though so not all the blame should be put on BA. I don't like that he has to learn another system this early in his career either. I just want to see him be able to play without thinking so much because once he does he'll be hell to stop. Edit: Didn't know his old OC is there. I'm excited to see that!

His new offensive cordinator is Pep Hamilton, who was also his OC during Lucks final year in college, so its not like he has to learn a completely new system from scratch. Hamiltons scheme is much, much more qb friendly than Bruce Arians, which at times looks like Mike Martz is back in the league.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Christian Ponder should take a big step forward. He struggled midseason but went 4-0 down the stretch to help get Minnesota into the playoffs.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
His new offensive cordinator is Pep Hamilton, who was also his OC during Lucks final year in college, so its not like he has to learn a completely new system from scratch. Hamiltons scheme is much, much more qb friendly than Bruce Arians, which at times looks like Mike Martz is back in the league.
Yeah I caught that afterwards and edited. Hopefully this means less turnovers with similar production.

So now let me ask, does this make Fleener or/and Allen better for fantasy reasons and possibly make their starting RB relevant again? I recall that Stanford ran a run friendly power scheme that used their TE's more than most college teams (could have been because they only had one good Wr who also happened to get injured). It will be interesting to see how they attack i. The NFL with a very underrated power RB and WR corps.
Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Denver Bronco56's posts in this thread are so bad and contradicting that people from both sides of the debate are arguing against him.
I literally couldn't make out his point. I thought it was the other way around. So by "average" stats he was referring to Luck's all-time mark?
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:52 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru View Post
Yeah I caught that afterwards and edited. Hopefully this means less turnovers with similar production.

So now let me ask, does this make Fleener or/and Allen better for fantasy reasons and possibly make their starting RB relevant again? I recall that Stanford ran a run friendly power scheme that used their TE's more than most college teams (could have been because they only had one good Wr who also happened to get injured). It will be interesting to see how they attack i. The NFL with a very underrated power RB and WR corps.
As far as fantasy goes, I dont think any of the TEs or RBs will emerge as valuable options. Dwyane Allen is clearly the best of the bunch, and he has the potential to be a stud. The main question with him is the number of targets. Fleener was very underwelming last year. This was partly because of injuries, but even when he was healthy he looked kind of lost out there.
As far as the RBs go, I dont think Bradshaw will be able to stay healthy, Vic Ballard is solid but very unspectacular, and I dont think Donald Brown will ever amount to anything.
As far as Luck goes, found a quick little piece on why Pep Hamilton should help him become better: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...in-2013/page/2
Old 06-12-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I literally couldn't make out his point. I thought it was the other way around. So by "average" stats he was referring to Luck's all-time mark?
That would be correct lol
Old 06-12-2013, 10:12 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Christian Ponder should take a big step forward. He struggled midseason but went 4-0 down the stretch to help get Minnesota into the playoffs.
I like you.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Personally, I think a lot of QBs that haven't entered into their own will have good seasons, this includes but is not limited to:

Josh Freeman, Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, Sam Bradford, Christian Ponder

This list does not include:

Mark Sanchez
Old 06-13-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
They can trade his rights to Seattle if that's the case. My guess is he could play beside Trout and Hamilton but it wouldn't happen over night.

As a baseball player Locker was a 5 tool guy. Great arm, speed, hit for power.... Hope it doesn't come to that.
Bourjos is actually doing well which allows them to move Trout to a COF spot. That should keep him healthy and with Bourjos defense and speed I don't know that Locker would be worth moving Trout back to CF.

With that said... he should just kick is game up a notch so he can stay in the NFL cause I had high hopes for him.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

He'll be fine in the NFL guys.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post

AD went 4-0 down the stretch to make the playoffs.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Lions DT Nick Fairley.
I don't think it's crazy to say he could be come THE dominant DLineman for Detroit this season.

Steelers DE Cam Heyward. Just a feeling he's going to emerge in 2013.

Chiefs safety Eric Berry.
Big name from the draft, hasn't really emerged as an elite player yet in the pros.
2 years removed from his ACL injury, 2013 is the year 'Mini Sean Taylor' becomes one of the dominant defenders in the game.
youre ok in my book

Decastro and mike adams are going to be much much better off this year too.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I hope for Steelers fans thats true, they really need some of their young talent to step up
Old 06-13-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
AD went 4-0 down the stretch to make the playoffs.
Didn't realize AD threw clutch Third down passes to keep drives alive vs. Green Bay.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
He'll be fine in the NFL guys.
I think you're right. We were just taking a little detour there to talk about the baseball option. I think it's really difficult to be away from the sport for a few years and then just step right in.

On a totally unrelated topic i always wondered how Kirk Gibson would have done in the NFL. Great size/speed guy coming out of MSU.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hope for Steelers fans thats true, they really need some of their young talent to step up
One player that no one knows about is Cortez Allen, he will quickly make everyone forget about keenan lewis, who just simply was not that good even though he had a "good year" by his putrid standards
Old 06-13-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
flave1969
Rookie

flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All the signs this off season have been positive so I am hoping the trend continues and Leonard Hankerson has a good year.
flave1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
One player that no one knows about is Cortez Allen, he will quickly make everyone forget about keenan lewis, who just simply was not that good even though he had a "good year" by his putrid standards
Tommie Campbell ready to go beast-mode in Tennessee!

But I didn't just say that, since i'm not allowed to talk about my team
Old 06-13-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Personally, I think a lot of QBs that haven't entered into their own will have good seasons, this includes but is not limited to:

Josh Freeman, Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, Sam Bradford, Christian Ponder

This list does not include:

Mark Sanchez
I think Sam breaks out this year. Last year I started seeing him mature as a QB, from a standpoint of "This is my team." In the last game at Seattle especially. Yeah, he took his team down at the end and threw a pick to seal the loss. But that was the first time I had seen him play as a pro where I really felt like, win or lose, this game was in his hands.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:00 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Austin Pettis
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:42 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

- Joe Morgan, WR - NO

- Chris Ivory, RB - Jets

Still thinking, will post a couple more later
Old 06-14-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post

Go back and look at my post. Mr. Allen was one guy I chose sir.
Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I like it when people say nice things about the players of the team I root for.
I'll try.

Errrrrrr...Alex Smith isn't as soul-crushingly bad as Matt Cassell. Yay?
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote