Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 05-14-2013, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Marvel UPick Mafia Game - Town/JR Win!

Today is a dark day in the world of superheroes. The World's First Superhero was found dead this morning, murdered in cold blood on the steps of City Hall. Grizzlegom was America's oldest, and most revered hero, leader of The Avengers and Protector of Peace.

Grizzlegom (Captain America, Protector) has been killed.

It would seem that this latest threat means business. Can the remaining heroes band together and root out this threat without their leader?

Living Players:
  1. Cigaro
  2. D-Unit
  3. TitanHope

Dead/Winning Players:

Night 1 - Broth (Nightcrawler, 2xCommuter) has been killed.
Night 1 - Gonzo (Doctor Strange, Doctor) has been killed.
Day 2 - Vidae (Deadpool, Odd-Night Vigilante) has been lynched.
Night 2 - RufusMcDaniel (Venom, Framer) has been killed.
Day 3 - Jvig43 (Carnage, Role Blocker/1xStrongman) has been lynched.
Night 3 - Fenikz (Cable, Doublevoter) has been killed.
Day 4 - CashmoneyDrew (Spider-Man, Odd-Night Role Blocker) has been lynched.
Day 4 - JRDrylie(J. Jonah Jameson, Editor/Spider-Man Lyncher) has achieved victory!
Night 4 - SuperMcGee (Punisher, Paranoid Gun Owner) has been killed.
Night 4 - Rob S (Wolverine, Even-Night Vigilante) has been killed.
Day 5 - ImBrotherCain (Magneto, Bulletproof Godfather/Role Cop) has been lynched.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules:

--Breaking rules, even if it is only one infraction, is grounds to be mod-killed. I'm a pretty lenient mod and there aren't a whole lot of rules so play nice.

--Do NOT contact each other outside of the game by any means necessary unless your role allows it and it is the predetermined time that you are allowed to talk.

--NO LYNCH is on the table.

--All lynch and unlynch votes must be in bold. You must unlynch before you can change your vote. Ex: Vote: Grizzlegom

--If your name is on the player list and you did not receive a role PM, let me know ASAP.

--Do not talk in Dark Orange, that's my color.

--Refrain from editing your posts.

--None of the "if you're wrong about me, will you agree to not play for a month" or "If I'm evil, I'll never play again" stuff. No sig bets.

--Character/role claiming is allowed, with no limitations.

Townie Role PM Example:

You are Franklin Richards. You are a Townie and have no special abilities aside from your ability to vote and reason. You win when the town is free from threats.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Grizzlegom : 05-02-2014 at 07:35 AM.
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Losing Captain America is a big deal, and it's going to hurt, but I think we can come together, find whoever was responsible for this, and make them pay!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:44 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RIP, and God speed Cap!
Old 05-14-2013, 10:48 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow... the leader of the Avengers gone already.

That isn't something we can easily overcome.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come on guys I am excited for this game!

Do I need to go Gonzo to get some discussion?
Old 05-14-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Grizz made an error, everyone knows you can't just kill Captain America.

Also, the numbers indicate that D-Unit is evil.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's a matter guys? Black Cat got your tongues? She doesn't have mine.

I'll get us started.

Vidae is sooo ugly, that instead of scarecrows, farmers use his cardboard cutout.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

THAT'S IT DREW IS SCARE CROW HE'S SO EVIL THAT HE PICKED A DC VILLAIN! I've got you buddy.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
What's a matter guys? Black Cat got your tongues? She doesn't have mine.

I'll get us started.

Vidae is sooo ugly, that instead of scarecrows, farmers use his cardboard cutout.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy hell is Black Cat a blatant rip-off of Catwoman.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 05-14-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Broth is ssoooo dumb that he took a ruler to bed to try and measure how long he could sleep.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Not sure who came first but DC and Marvel do that all the time.

Marvel had Taskmaster -> DC came out with Deathstroke -> Marvel released Deadpool.

Its pretty common place it seems.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Not sure who came first but DC and Marvel do that all the time.

Marvel had Taskmaster -> DC came out with Deathstroke -> Marvel released Deadpool.

Its pretty common place it seems.
Wiki had Catwoman as first appearing in 1940, Black Cat in 1979.

And I don't doubt, Black Cat happens to be the first obvious example I've been exposed to.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 05-14-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I am pretty sure Hawkeye and Green Arrow are pretty much the same on that front as well.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Anyway back to the topic at hand.

I am sure we are going to have the age old debate on Lynch or No Lynch as we always do... I am personally going to say I don't really like No Lynches. I never really have as I think it tends to favor the Mafia over the Town.

Any and all information is good information. It might come at the potential expense of a good guy but in my own opinion we can glean more info from the Lynch votes.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We must avenge the death of Captain America!!!! Justice must prevail!

Oh and Cigaro, your numbers stink.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I am sure we are going to have the age old debate on Lynch or No Lynch as we always do... I am personally going to say I don't really like No Lynches. I never really have as I think it tends to favor the Mafia over the Town.

Any and all information is good information. It might come at the potential expense of a good guy but in my own opinion we can glean more info from the Lynch votes.
I will support a lynch. Unless info comes out day 2 which is sort of rare and there is a no lynch day one it just means everyone sits around with their thumb up their ass and we get nowhere.

I think we should lynch the least active person. Worst case we send a message and we can look at who people voted to lynch and the way we went about doing so. Would also mean that baddies can't lay low. Best case is we actually catch one of those baddies.

Vidae and CMD, you both strike me as evil you *****.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I used to be pro-no lynch, but towards the end of last mafia season I started to come around on lynching on day one.

I'm pretty sure Rufus denied my Facebook friend request once, so I'd be ok with giving him the boot!
Old 05-14-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I've been a part of many games where a Day 1 No Lynch has helped the town win. I'm not really down for a lynch just to lynch unless someone acts peculiar enough to maybe warrant it. Otherwise, I'll probably vote No Lynch.

Then again... maybe I want to be kooky and flip the script just to be random. Dun dun dun....
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vote: CMD

Your jokes do not sit right with me, gut tells me you are evil.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hit us with the random number generator, JR.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Vidae and CMD, you both strike me as evil you *****.
I knew I should have started with a fat joke.

Gonzo is so fat that his belly button gets home 10 minutes before he does.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I've been a part of many games where a Day 1 No Lynch has helped the town win. I'm not really down for a lynch just to lynch unless someone acts peculiar enough to maybe warrant it. Otherwise, I'll probably vote No Lynch.

Then again... maybe I want to be kooky and flip the script just to be random. Dun dun dun....
Describe those games. I can recall one time where a no lynch helped the town win a game when it was essentially decided from the start that a no lynch would happen. Not one single time has it helped. Now towns have one after no lynching but I don't think it helps, especially because at this point every game it is a forgone conclusion. You are ******* fishy D.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Vote: CMD

Your jokes do not sit right with me, gut tells me you are evil.
Wow! Right when I'm making a fat joke about you, you go and talk about your gut.

Classic Gonzo.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Updated Vote Count:

CMD (1):
Gonzo

With 14 alive, 8 votes are needed for a lynch.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote