Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 05-14-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a natural tendency to just assume TH is good in every one of these games. How can those eyes have evil behind them, how?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Updated Vote Count:

CMD (1):
Gonzo
Gonzo (3): Vidae, Broth, Rob
D-Unit (1): JR
Fenikz (1): CMD
No Lynch (1): TH

With 14 alive, 8 votes are needed for a lynch.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
That's a possibility but we also need to be aware of potentially increased night kills, more Mafia members over the standard 1/4 (so in this case over 3-4 maybe 5-6?) or potentially stronger mafia powers.
I also thought about this. I think night actions will be packed with action. All sorts of things could happen.

I think voting someone off today is a 50/50 proposition. We either help the town or hurt it. Either way, something significant will be lost. I could be down for a lynch on Day 1 in this game.

I definitely don't like how Gonzo disappeared without responding to my post. He asked why I thought he was evil. I caught him in a lie. Then he left? With no response. Why? Very fishy....
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well the odds are certainly not 50/50, and I'm almost positive theres going to be a serial killer in the form of deadpool or some other type of rogue character.

Quote:
Old 05-14-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am bigtime getting an evil vibe from D though I figure that will be written off as me just finding him suspect because he came after me. He got real freaked out after being called out once, pleaded that he is good, and jumped aboard the first lynch train which is against me. He did not vote for me though so in the event that I am actually lynched he could say he waited to vote for me, though that is a hypothetical. He seems more evil than he did last game, though we all thought he was evil last game and were wrong.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I also thought about this. I think night actions will be packed with action. All sorts of things could happen.

I think voting someone off today is a 50/50 proposition. We either help the town or hurt it. Either way, something significant will be lost. I could be down for a lynch on Day 1 in this game.

I definitely don't like how Gonzo disappeared without responding to my post. He asked why I thought he was evil. I caught him in a lie. Then he left? With no response. Why? Very fishy....
Please, actually back what you said up. Quote me when I have said we should quick lynch. You didn't catch me in a lie, you made up some ********.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
well the odds are certainly not 50/50, and I'm almost positive theres going to be a serial killer in the form of deadpool or some other type of rogue character.
OK well, if you want to be exactomundo with the percentages, then yeah, I agree. That's not what I meant. What I meant was that voting someone off on Day 1 without good substance might help or might not. Either way, something significant will be lost for that side.

Makes me willing to vote someone off on Day 1 as opposed to most other games where there are more chances of a townie being lost and that being less significant.

Where if someone dies here, the game changes a lot.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
OK well, if you want to be exactomundo with the percentages, then yeah, I agree. That's not what I meant. What I meant was that voting someone off on Day 1 without good substance might help or might not. Either way, something significant will be lost for that side.

Makes me willing to vote someone off on Day 1 as opposed to most other games where there are more chances of a townie being lost and that being less significant.

What? Why does the fact that we're more likely to lose a power role in this game rather than a townie in other games equal a good thing to you?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Odds wise if we are assuming everyone has a power it makes less sense to lynch day one than it does is other games. Either you are terrible at drawing conclusions or evil.
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your statement D just made little sense.

You say your are more inclined to randomly vote someone off in this game because it changes the game a lot where as in standard games it does not...

Why wouldn't you want an increased shot to hit a townie vs power role?
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently 3 of us had the exact same thought there.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Please, actually back what you said up. Quote me when I have said we should quick lynch. You didn't catch me in a lie, you made up some ********.
Funny how you arrive right after I said that.... Yet I was waiting all this time for a reply.

You are always putting yourself out there as the guy for everyone to follow the lead on. Don't act like you don't wish for quick lynches. You just did it to woot in the last game. You did it to me in the past as well. You always do it. You want guys to follow your lynch trains and you love to gloat about it when you are right. It puffs up your ego and you love that.

I don't have to back up anything. Everybody knows you love to lead lynches. Quicker the better.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
What? Why does the fact that we're more likely to lose a power role in this game rather than a townie in other games equal a good thing to you?
Because he is evil.

Unvote: CMD

Vote: D
Old 05-14-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Your statement D just made little sense.

You say your are more inclined to randomly vote someone off in this game because it changes the game a lot where as in standard games it does not...

Why wouldn't you want an increased shot to hit a townie vs power role?
From the way I was thinking... I thought the chances of hitting an evil would be higher. Plus, a dramatic game is more interesting to me.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Gonzo's egotism aside, you just did nothing to defend your previous posts D.

Quote:
Old 05-14-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Funny how you arrive right after I said that.... Yet I was waiting all this time for a reply.

You are always putting yourself out there as the guy for everyone to follow the lead on. Don't act like you don't wish for quick lynches. You just did it to woot in the last game. You did it to me in the past as well. You always do it. You want guys to follow your lynch trains and you love to gloat about it when you are right. It puffs up your ego and you love that.

I don't have to back up anything. Everybody knows you love to lead lynches. Quicker the better.
You won't back anything up because if you tried you would fail. Last game Woot came back evil but I said we should wait on lynch lynch until everyone talked. Keep making things up though.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D is always cray, but that's too cray.

Vote: D-Unit

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 05-14-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Because with all of us having a power, the night actions will be furious. The increased odds of knocking off an evil seem like it could help the team significantly.

I'll continue to say... the effect of a Day 1 kill will significantly affect the side of the loss.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Updated Vote Count:

D-Unit (2):
Gonzo, Cigaro

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Quote:
Because with all of us having a power, the night actions will be furious. The increased odds of knocking off an evil seem like it could help the team significantly.

I'll continue to say... the effect of a Day 1 kill will significantly affect the side of the loss.
Why is there an increased chance of knocking off an evil? Maybe I missed something, but I've seen nothing indicating that there are noticeably more mafia members in this game.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 05-14-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Gonzo's egotism aside, you just did nothing to defend your previous posts D.
I dunno then. Lynch me. Half of you will be happy and half of you won't be.
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I suppose you could look at it as if everyone has a power then we're less likely to be gravely hurt by taking one out. A power is lost but there are a bunch more to make up for it. I suppose that depends on the makeup of the game, though, which we have no way of knowing. So everyone will get lost in a pointless argument or revert to their old no lynch argument.

And even with the most obvious statement of "we either help the town or hurt the town", it's important to remember that hurting the town might ultimately end up helping the town. Even if everyone has night actions we still need to figure all this stuff out. Maybe it's even more important in this case. Whatever. Kill D.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
D is always cray, but that's too cray.

Vote: D-Unit
Old 05-14-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I think I'm going no vote. I get trying to get a hit on D1, but to he honest, it looks like some of you are grasping at straws.

Vote: No lynch

We all have super awesome powers. If there were more townies, then it'd be well worth the risk. But I think mafia would want a death D1 because they can curb it towards a good guy, and have great odds at it being a player with a role.
Quote:
This got me thinking... If we all have powers how in gods name did Grizz balance this?
Quote:
Why is there an increased chance of knocking off an evil? Maybe I missed something, but I've seen nothing indicating that there are noticeably more mafia members in this game.
This is where the conversation got started. In this game, if we all have powers, in order to balance it... for me, at least I had the idea that there would be more of an equal balance in numbers between good and bad.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Updated Vote Count:

D-Unit (2):
Gonzo, Cigaro

There are two D-Units in this game? I hope I voted for the right one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote