Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 05-17-2013, 09:54 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Who else makes sense as an article writer?
The game moderator.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giving that role to the moderator just provides too many opportunities for inadvertent bias/hints/etc. There's always the chance that the article leads to someone's lynching, having the moderator write that just screws with too much. Plus the role historically has belonged to a player.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:57 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No it couldn't be Grizz writing them for two reasons. 1. I'm doing them. 2. It would be pretty unfair for the mod to write about potential evil people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin. †One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one. †Awesome. †Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks.†
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I'm going to vote in 10 minutes. I have to leave my place soon and won't be on for the rest of the night.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This situation reminds me of a joke about a naval ship and a lighthouse.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best thing I can think of right now is that Cain did step up for me when he said that Iron Man was his number one choice. He wouldn't have needed to do that if he was mafia because he could have let me hung out to dry.

Unvote: cain
Vote: cmd

Bottomline we learn. Best case, I'm not totally gullible after all.

Last edited by Grizzlegom : 05-17-2013 at 10:13 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:12 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Goodnight, sweet prince.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Final Vote Count:

CMD (5): McGee, Cain, JR, Cigaro, D-Unit
Cain (1): CMD

With 8 alive, 5 votes are needed for a lynch.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After much discussion and back-and-forth, our heroes have finally decided that CMD must be punished for the crimes he's committed. Unfortunately for our heroes, and despite JR's constant ramblings, CMD hasn't actually committed any crimes...

CashmoneyDrew (Spider-Man, Odd-Night Role Blocker) has been lynched.

Upon the execution of CMD, JR jumps out from the crowd, "I've finally found that menace!! With all the money I'll get from all the newspapers I'll sell from tomorrow's headline, you won't be seeing me around these parts anymore! I'm outta here!!!"

JRDrylie (J. Jonah Jameson, Editor/Spider-Man Lyncher) has achieved victory!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-18-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

As our heroes gather on this fifth day, they awaken to find there were two more deaths last night. On the steps of City Hall, the bodies of SuperMcGee and Rob S are laid out. An examination of McGee seems to show that he was both shot multiple times, seemingly from his own guns, and viciously mauled by what appears to be a huge set of claws.

SuperMcGee (Punisher, Paranoid Gun Owner) has been killed.

It would seem that McGee's death was not in vain though, for next to him is the body of Rob S. An examination of Rob's body shows that McGee had riddled Rob with bullets before finishing him off by decapitating him with the legendary sword Muramasa.

Rob S (Symbiote-Infected Wolverine, Even-Night Vigilante) has been killed.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-18-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vote: Cain

No question about it at this point.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 05-18-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Updated Vote Count:

Cain (1): Cigaro

With 4 alive, 3 votes are needed for a lynch.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-18-2013, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Also, McGee, the ****? Out of all the potential townies to kill, you target McGee?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 05-18-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I redirected from myself to McGee last night. SORRY MCGEE!!!

I figured they'd assume I'd protect D, and leave myself open, so I switched things up. And in redirecting, I only target myself so I didn't run the risk of McGee killing me.

Glad I chose McGee, or else we wouldn't have known Rob was evil.

Vote: Cain

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel really despicable after putting the hammer on CMD yesterday. Sorry bro bro!

Happy to still see myself alive today. By process of elimination, I decided to use my investigation on Cigaro. Cigaro appears good.

My reasoning:

Cain - Already investigated
Rob - Said he wouldn't kill, so I thought that would be proof enough of knowing what he was today.
McGee - Didn't want to target him in fear of dying myself
TH - Gambit, superhero
JRD - Achieved victory already

So if it's between Cigaro and Cain (both appear good, both could be GF), I'm heavily leaning towards Cain.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cain outright lied about his power. Cigs hasn't, so I'm goin Cain.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Cain has survived way too long. I wanted to lynch him yesterday... and I ended up going against my gut.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Yeah I don't see how it can't be Cain. CMD said he visited Broth night one. Cain said CMD visited D-Unit night one. Considering CMD was good, I'm believing CMD.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 05-18-2013, 04:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Cain outright lied about his power. Cigs hasn't, so I'm goin Cain.
But what about Cigaro? His power sounds super lame...
Old 05-18-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Yeah I don't see how it can't be Cain. CMD said he visited Broth night one. Cain said CMD visited D-Unit night one. Considering CMD was good, I'm believing CMD.
Yeah, I don't have much time to play today anyways. Beach day!

See you guys.

vote: Cain
Old 05-18-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
But what about Cigaro? His power sounds super lame...
My power has literally been proven to be exactly what I said it was.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 05-18-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Final Vote Count:

Cain (3): Cigaro, TH, D-Unit

With 4 alive, 3 votes are needed for a lynch.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-18-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

As our remaining heroes gather on the fifth day, they decide that ImBrotherCain simply had to go.

ImBrotherCain (Magneto, Bulletproof Godfather/Role Cop) has been lynched.

The remaining heroes look at each other and realize that, although they lost many friends along the way, they have finally rooted out all of Captain America's assassins. They have achieved victory! Now it is time to begin rebuilding...

TOWN WINS!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-18-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** you. **** you so hard, TH. I wanted to kill Cigars instead.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Roles:

Night Actions/UPick Selections:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Hc&usp=sharing

Notes:
Thoughts:
Overall, I was really happy with how this game went and it might have been my favorite game I ever modded. Maybe Iím wrong but I think it being a UPick caused people to be more into it since they got to play as characters that they chose. I never mentioned anything about there being deadlines/day lengths and I never had to as everyone kept the game moving pretty well. We had a third party victory, which Iím ALWAYS a fan of , we had a photo finish in that night four the mafia could have won but, instead, some late-night heroics saved the town, and we had a lot of good discussion and confusion. I always enjoy causing confusion in my games (those of you that remember/played in the King game can relate to this). The game was surprisingly balanced for a role-madness game where I threw the roles together in a couple hours.

The mafia and JR were given safe-claims in case they wanted to use them. The mafia had a list of ten characters they could choose from, most of which were on the lists people submit to me (Colossus, Hulk, Black Widow, Professor X, Nick Fury, Human Torch, Rogue, DareDevil, Ant-Man, and Mr. Fantastic). JR had a list of five (Cyclops, Ms. Marvel, Thing, Hawkeye, and Silver Surfer). There were only a few people that didnít get their first choice and that was mostly because 3 or 4 people requested Deadpool and vidae won the random role I did for who would get it. The only other character two people had at one was Spider-Man. Everyone that didnít get their first choice did get their second. JR was the only person whose alignment wasnít randomized and that was simply because he really wanted to be JJJ.

Notes on roles:

Town:
It was tough to try and balance the game, particularly given the fact that I put it all together in a couple hours.That being said, I think the game ended up being VERY balanced and everyone had a good chance to win. For balance purposes, I first decided there would only be one investigator and one protection role and those would be the only roles that could be used every night by the town. From there, I decided to use a number of bastard roles and Odd/Even mechanics. With everyoneís character (save for JR) having some sort of super-powers, I wanted a lot of killing in this game and I wanted it to be swingy. I also used four roles that Iíve never used before (Hammerer, Paranoid Gun Owner, Doublevoter, and Lyncher). Hereís an explanation of how I came to each role:

Spider-Man - Odd-Night Role Blocker - This one came pretty easy. With the web being Spideyís trademark, I figured him tying someone up in a web, preventing them from being able to act was a no-brainer.
Thor - Hammerer - Another one that I thought was a no-brainer. Yea, the role sucks but it fits like a glove and is normally scum-aligned so this was one that made sense to include as a role that could potentially screw with things and was a bastard role for the town.
Punisher - Paranoid Gun Owner - This is a role that Iíve been wanting to try for a while and it seemed to fit with Punisher. This was another bastard role and is VERY swingy as it can kill a bunch of people in one night if he draws actions to himself.
Deadpool/Wolverine - Odd/Even-Night Vigilantes - This was a tough one. Deadpool was the most requested character and I wanted to give him a badass role but at the same time, keep things balanced. At the end of the day I ended up going with odd/even night vigilantes for Deadpool/Wolverine with the hidden trigger that if one tried to kill the other, they would become masoned, making them a sort of town-aligned mini-mafia as two masons with a night-kill. Keeping with the lots of night-kills theme, town had to have a nightly killing ability that could be controlled.
Iron Man - Investigator - People seemed to not understand the fit but I thought it was natural. Tony Stark is one of the smartest characters and is easily the most popular Marvel character of today. Heís got Jarvis that can learn things from the cyber-world and he can fly around looking into people. Plus he becomes Director of SHIELD later on.
Doctor Strange - Doctor - Doctor Strange and his magic had lots of possibilities but there werenít really any other characters chosen that were natural protective roles. If someone would have chosen the Hulk (Rolestopper), Thing (Protector), or Colossus (Bodyguard), I could have been more creative with Dr. Strange but alas, he was relegated to doctor as he is a former neurosurgeon and the only one with medical training.
Cable - Doublevoter - The one thing that sticks out to me when I think of Cable is that he time travels. I liked doublevoter for him because of the time travel and because it was another bastard, normally scum-aligned role.
Nightcrawler - 2xCommuter - He can teleport. It had to be shotted though cause full-time commuter just didnít fit.
Gambit - Even-Night Redirector - Iíll admit, I really wanted a redirector in the game as it was a role I hadnít tried out before and Gambit seemed to be the best fit outside of Dr. Strange. Gambitís ability to influence kinetic energy seemed like enough of a fit to redirecting actions, plus Gambit is badass and he deserved a cool role.

Mafia:
Due to role madness, I decided to give everyone in the mafia double roles as a way to help balance out the strength of the town. It started out with a pretty standard framer/role blocker/godfather and went from there.

Carnage - Role Blocker/1xStrongman - Similar to Spider-Man, Carnage can use the webs to trap people and role block them. Due to Carnage being much more powerful by himself than Venom/Spidey, he got the Strongman to ensure a kill.
Venom - Framer/Recruiter - The Venom symbiote gets passed around a lot, having multiple evil hosts in the canon after initially infecting Spider-Man. As such, he could frame people by ďpassing the symbioteĒ to them. In addition, the recruitment factor was that, upon Venomís death, whoever killed him would become the new host for the Venom symbiote. If he was night-killed, that person would defect from the town to the mafia. If he was lynched, whoever hammered would be the player that flipped.
Magneto - Bulletproof Godfather/Role Cop - In role madness, the mafia having a role cop was just too important in terms of being able to figure out who to kill. Magneto was bulletproof because, well, heís Magneto and its not like guns can actually kill him!

Neutral:
I had originally planned to either not include any neutral characters or to maybe go with a SK if there was someone that submit a unique character that I felt I could work with. After the game started, I thought of an epic use of Deadpool as 3rd party but it was too late at that point. That being said, JR shocked me when he sent the PM saying he really wanted to be J. Jonah Jameson.
J. Jonah Jameson - Editor/Lyncher - This role seemed like a no-brainer. Weíve seen the editor thing so people wouldnít be confused by it and with Spider-Man in the game, he could hide behind the editor role while trying to root out Spider-Man. Like all lynchers, if Spider-Man would have been night-killed, he would have reverted to a simple Survivor.

and finally:
MVP: TitanHope - It looked like the mafia was going to run away with this one and then came TH. His redirect on night two not only saved D-Unitís life but also led directly to the deaths of two mafia members (Rufus because he moved the kill to Rufus, and Jvig because D was able to successfully investigate him). In addition, he saved his own life because Rufus was supposed to kill him but he redirected Jvigís role block from D to Rufus, preventing him from being able to kill. Then, night four, he saved the town from defeat by deflecting Robís kill to McGee, causing Rob to die in the process. When I decided to use redirector, I knew it could be a powerful role but I didnít realize quite how powerful it would be and TH was a force this game because of it.

sig by BoneKrusher