Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 05-14-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Resistance Game Thread

Welcome to Resistance

Set in the near future, The Resistance pits a small group of resistance fighters against a powerful and corrupt government. The resistance has launched a series of bold and daring missions to bring the governement to its knees. Unfortunately spies have infiltrated the resistance ranks, ready to sabotage the carefully crafted plans. Even a single spy can take down a resistance mission team, choose your teams carefully or forever lose your chance for freedom. This is a basic BETA game to see how the card game translates into a forum environment.

THE RULES
- During "Night" actions the leader will know who he is
- The Leader will choose a # of his fellow players to be in the mission.
- The participants will then vote on the team that the leader has put together. Place votes in Bold please unvote if you wish to change your vote.

- If the vote hits the simple majority it will go to night. If the team goes (3 vote yes) then the participants will do the night action of passing or failing the mission. Please note it takes ONLY ONE FAIL to fail the mission. Failed missions are good for the government spies.

- Do NOT contact players outside the game thread that goes for both factions.

-Don't type in red that is my color.

-I'm not going to have a strict clock for this because we are all in Grizz's game but it should give us something to do while waiting for people to do night actions.

- Feel free to announce your faction as you wish although who the hell would admit to being a spy.

Vote: Yes

Unvote Yes
Vote No

1. RobS
2. Renji
3. Dr. Gonzo
4. Titan Hope
5. JRD

There are 3 Resistance and 2 Government spies

The number of players that go on the mission by round
Round 1: 2 players
Round 2: 3 players
Round 3: 3 players
Round 4: 2 players
Round 5: 3 players

If you have any questions let me know. If you didn't receive your faction let me know.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Last edited by Brothgar : 05-14-2013 at 07:37 PM.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am resistance. **** the spies.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Down with the Government!

Also, I think I need to go watch those videos to see what the heck is going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Down with the establishment!

Are we told who the leader is/was?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd assume the leader knows who he is. I doubt we would know though until he makes his selections or chooses to reveal himself.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The leader is something that is made public every player regardless of affiliation can be the leader. As soon as you are ready feel free to announce your team.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 05-14-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, so what do we do now? We have no Leader, and no participants. Are we voting on a Leader now? And then he'll choose two guys tonight, and we'll vote on whether they go on the mission or not tomorrow. Right?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Rob S is the leader for round 1 he must select 2 player which may include himself to go on mission 1

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 05-14-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So does the leader have to go on the mission?

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 05-14-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Oh. I assumed I could get some discussion going first without people knowing that I'm leader.....

Well, I'm good so I will definitely be going on the mission. The other 2 joining me are TBD. If any of you fellow good guys have a decent power, let me know.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Take me, Rob! We'll do work!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:28 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I don't think any of us have powers. I'm just a member of the resistance.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I don't think any of us have powers. I'm just a member of the resistance.
You have passed test #1. I am aware it is likely nobody has powers. Just seeing if anyone would slip up. You will likely be joining me.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

In Round 1 you only choose one other person to go on the mission.

Round 1: 2 players
Round 2: 3 players
Round 3: 3 players
Round 4: 2 players
Round 5: 3 players

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:

Last edited by Brothgar : 05-14-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Well, I won't be making a decision until we hear from everyone.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

So, Broth.... assuming I am good (which I am) if TH and I go on mission and fail, that would mean TH is government, right?
Old 05-14-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
So, Broth.... assuming I am good (which I am) if TH and I go on mission and fail, that would mean TH is government, right?
In that situation yes that would be a valid assumption as it takes a special kind of broth up to fail a mission as the resistance.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:

Last edited by Brothgar : 05-14-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

So, do people want to wait for Renji and Gonzo to make an appearance or are they comfortable with TH and I going now? I don't really care either way.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:08 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Renji hasn't posted in the Marvel game, and was replaced in the Dexter game. JR has been around, and Gonzo can't stay quiet forever.

For Team Rob and TH, I Vote: Yes

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well im not in the marvel game so thats that

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ill vote no on that team. We need to have the highest chances of getting in Resistance member. Obviously Rob is going to pick himself. Since I know im an resistance player, I should be the other one.

So any team without me is going to be a No.

I gotta go to bed now, its 3 am. Ill chime in when im back

Old 05-14-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

What does voting no on the mission count as? If we win the first mission, we could just vote no the rest of the time. We wouldn't get three successes but the spies wouldn't get any failures.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 05-14-2013, 08:23 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

If we can't get a consensus, then I believe the next leader gets promoted and Rob gets demoted. He then picks his team, and we vote again. If we can't get a consensus that time, then the mission fails and the spies get the round.

Right, Broth?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

if its anything like the real game, if we vote no on a mission team, the next guy gets to be the leader. If we vote no 5 times on the mission team, we would lose the game, spies win.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
If we can't get a consensus, then I believe the next leader gets promoted and Rob gets demoted. He then picks his team, and we vote again. If we can't get a consensus that time, then the mission fails and the spies get the round.

Right, Broth?
If at any point there are three no votes Rob's turn at leader is then moved to the next person in line. Even if it goes Rob is only a leader for one turn until everyone gets a shot as leader. Also if there are 5 no votes in a row then the Spies win automatically

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote: