Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-24-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RIP real life clifford.

Quote:
Giant George the world's tallest dog EVER who stood over 7ft tall on his hind legs passes away at home.

The enormous but gentle beast consumed 180 pounds of food a month and slept in his own queen sized mattress.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...away-home.html
video^
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:31 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

spot the pug.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmdLV...ature=youtu.be

I don't know how to post YouTube videos, so if someone could that'd be awesome. One of the best puppy videos I've seen in a while.
Shreckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreckart View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmdLV...ature=youtu.be

I don't know how to post YouTube videos, so if someone could that'd be awesome. One of the best puppy videos I've seen in a while.

Here it is.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread summed up in one gif

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:09 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:24 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Potentially adopting this pup.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-04-2014, 10:53 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is that some sort of terrier mix? I'm always on the side of adopt the dog. That is why my wife and I stopped going to dog shelters. We would come home with new dog every month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:49 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Is that some sort of terrier mix? I'm always on the side of adopt the dog. That is why my wife and I stopped going to dog shelters. We would come home with new dog every month.
American Staffordshire Terrier mixed with something else, not sure what. I have always wanted an amstaff but full breed ones are too big. This girl is about 40 lbs which is perfect for my two little kids. We are keeping her for a couple days to see how she does and so far she has been awesome. Our cat is not happy but he's worthless fat lump anyway.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-05-2014, 10:19 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
American Staffordshire Terrier mixed with something else, not sure what. I have always wanted an amstaff but full breed ones are too big. This girl is about 40 lbs which is perfect for my two little kids. We are keeping her for a couple days to see how she does and so far she has been awesome. Our cat is not happy but he's worthless fat lump anyway.
I think the best way for cats and dogs to be integrated is to have the dogs first and then get the cat. That way the cat doesn't know any better. Dogs are just so much more adaptable than cats.

I had a 3 year old dog and a six month old dog. Then we found a tiny kitten on the side of the road. The dogs didn't like it the first day. But we kept them seperated most of the time and slowly introduced the cat (usually after he ate his soft food because my older dog liked to lick the food out of his fur). Now they love each other and the cat is actually cool because he was raised by dogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:38 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I think the best way for cats and dogs to be integrated is to have the dogs first and then get the cat. That way the cat doesn't know any better. Dogs are just so much more adaptable than cats.

I had a 3 year old dog and a six month old dog. Then we found a tiny kitten on the side of the road. The dogs didn't like it the first day. But we kept them seperated most of the time and slowly introduced the cat (usually after he ate his soft food because my older dog liked to lick the food out of his fur). Now they love each other and the cat is actually cool because he was raised by dogs.
This is actually awesome to hear. The girlfriend's friend had kittens they were giving away but I was too afraid that Nyx would kill it. They had a big litter but there was only one cat that I truly would have risked it for and unfortunately or fortunately it was claimed.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I found a kitten in my yard over summer (only a week old, eyes weren't even open) and I took it in to get it healthy. Well my dog is about 70lbs and hyper as all hell. So we had to keep it in this old toy container, a mesh zipper top Thomas the Tank Engine thing. Kept it on the dining room table and my dog would jump up with her front paws and just stare at it for the longest time. If it whined she would whine with it. If it climbed the mesh, she'd knock it down so it didnt get out. We let them out around each other after a month, but the dog was just too big to really be around such a tiny kitten. My dog tried to lick it once and sent the kitten rolling.

I figured she would have eaten the damn thing given she is a spaz.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 02-13-2014, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dog returning home

Old 02-14-2014, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...7241.html?vp=1
Old 07-22-2014, 04:46 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is Geordi.

We have had our Corgi for a little over a year now. He has been a positive and wonderful joy in our lives. He is very friendly with other dogs and people, although a little too anxious to play a lot of the time. He is healthy and we've had him on a raw food diet, which my girl wanted to implement after doing a lot of research. It's had a pretty profound effect on him. His poop doesn't have a strong odor and his breath doesn't smell at all like some dogs. It is expensive to maintain though. There are different philosophies regarding that kind of diet and it's not necessarily for everyone. Works for our dog though.

The guy does shed like crazy and you can find his hair on the floor of our house pretty much all the time. It makes cleaning the house more of a pain, but it is what it is. We've taught him a few tricks, but he still has a difficult time listening to certain commands, especially recall. We're thinking of getting some professional help if we can't improve his obedience ourselves.

I will say that he was quick to learn how to pee outside instead of inside the house. Before we had a little box with wood chips (recommended from our breeder) and that worked like a charm indoors. It was something he was already used to before we got him at sixth months. Afterward it took a while for him not to pee inside the house, and it was frustrating times. Although the more we walked him the more he peed outside, and the more he felt obligated to go outside. Now he rarely has an incident in the house.

The guy also loves to herd things. He'll bark and chase anything that moves (I wish he would fetch correctly). It isn't a hostile action. Just something a lot of corgi's do. We usually walk him three times a day and try to get him to the park at least once a week. By the way if you have wood floors they will be toast. Also if you have a young puppy make sure he doesn't try to chew on plugs, get close to sockets, scratch up baseboards, or mess with spring doorstops.

All in all, he is a great dog. He could use a friend though. If we move to another location (a possibility in the near future) and move into another place we may get a second dog. I vouched for a German Sheppard as I've always wanted one. Time will tell.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

I'm on vacation.
I miss my dog.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-21-2014, 10:13 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

Old 08-21-2014, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My current husky > Nyx. Said it.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:52 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

Old 09-03-2014, 08:55 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched that the other day, it almost gave me motion sickness.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:56 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

Old 09-05-2014, 12:12 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
My current husky > Nyx. Said it.
What the ****... how did I miss this?!

Nyx is the unofficial mascot of both TOR and NFLDC. Also if I remember correctly it isn't even your dog. So you lose by default.

You sir are a heretic!

Old 09-05-2014, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
What the ****... how did I miss this?!

Nyx is the unofficial mascot of both TOR and NFLDC. Also if I remember correctly it isn't even your dog. So you lose by default.

You sir are a heretic!

You finally took the bait! But, yeah, not my dog and he actually sucks. He is a beautiful creature though.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:40 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
You finally took the bait! But, yeah, not my dog and he actually sucks. He is a beautiful creature though.
Two weeks later...

Huskies are a different type of dog. They are fiercely loyal and care deeply for their alphas but they will make you earn every last ounce of their love, affection and respect. More often than not they will never be lap dogs nor snuggle in bed but they will always want to be around you and rarely leave your side.

Watch out if they do not see you as a dominant figure as they will NEVER listen to you. So be sure to take top spot with the dog or you will forever regret it. The fiancee still has troubles with this even though she has been part of Nyx' life for 4/5 years.