Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-12-2014, 01:43 PM    (permalink
BeardedOne
Rookie

BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gophervike View Post
Why do you think he plays bigger than he is?

He is weak and plays soft. Does not win contested catches or work himself open in the red zone.

If you want a guy that is small but plays big check out Brandin Cooks.
That was my observation after watching one game. He went after contested balls. He looks like a linear athlete.

I like that Richardson is flashy. He needs to work on his hands though.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:13 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just evaluating what I see on his tape. There is plenty of film out there.

He wasn't asked to make plays underneath? I agree. But it's very likely because that isn't part of his game or skill set. For a passing game as mediocre as CU's, wouldn't it make sense to put your best receiving target in situations where the QB can get him the ball easier? The answer is yes. It just seems like Richardson is averse to contact and is not good at working himself open.

Wasn't asked to make plays on contested balls? That I don't buy. It doesn't make sense. He just physically can't beat out CBs when they are on him and contest for the catch.

Also, if you want to be taken seriously in your opinion on a prospect, I would advise against referring to his team as "we". It presents your evaluation as biased.
This is hilarious. Ifo Ekpre-Olumu, a legit R1 CB, was draped all over him a couple times in that game and Richardson came down with some great contested catches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:23 PM    (permalink
gophervike
Rookie

gophervike is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gophervike is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gophervike is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gophervike is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gophervike is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gophervike is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gophervike is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gophervike is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gophervike is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gophervike is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gophervike is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
This is hilarious. Ifo Ekpre-Olumu, a legit R1 CB, was draped all over him a couple times in that game and Richardson came down with some great contested catches.
Watch his tape vs Oregon. Mark down the time of every play where Olumo was "draped all over" Richardson and he still came down with a contested catch. If you post the times I will review them and reply.
gophervike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:39 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's definitely one play in the Oregon game where Richardson's getting interfered with and makes a great one handed catch with Ekpre-Olumu all over him. And he shows an ability to separate with ease from defenders, great speed/explosivness and a good knack for finding the right area to get to on passes downfield. Plus it looks like he does a good job on outs/comebacks when defenders had to respect his speed.

But there's also 2-3 balls he should have come down with that he didn't - a drop on the sideline, a deep pass down the middle where he doesn't track it well and breaks stride but doesn't get there in time, and another he probably could have caught coming across the field. And he body catches a few of the ones he did bring in.

At the end of the day, it's just one game and was against quality competition. But it was a very mixed bag. And I don't mean that necessarily in a bad way - it was just mixed. Easy to see why he's a divisive prospect.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:58 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Watch his tape vs Oregon. Mark down the time of every play where Olumo was "draped all over" Richardson and he still came down with a contested catch. If you post the times I will review them and reply.
I really have no desire to convince you on this. I did my part, you obviously don't want to change your opinion or listen to any reasons why so I'm not going to cater to your bizarre needs.

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:49 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

I just rewatched the first half of Washington vs. Colorado. He was targeted 3 times, and all 3 were catches. On one he beat the safety deep and the ball was terribly underthrown, but he still pulled it down, broke a tackle, and scored. Catch 2 was a hitch route he had to jump to snag. Standard. The 3rd catch, which aggravated his bad ankle, was a diving, contested comeback route with a defender draped all over him. He's as legit as they come.

Quote:

Old 01-18-2014, 05:23 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like a fool for not hearing about him earlier. This conversation led me to watching him and he is impressive, to say the least.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:28 PM    (permalink
ESPN
Rookie

ESPN is so money.ESPN is so money.ESPN is so money.ESPN is so money.ESPN is so money.ESPN is so money.ESPN is so money.ESPN is so money.ESPN is so money.ESPN is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
Paul Richardson has a tremendous game against Oregon but he did not do most of his damage against Ifo Ekpre-Olumu.
ESPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Da Big Harv
Rookie

Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da Big Harv is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im gonna take a wild guess and say he probably meant he reminds him of vincent brown on the chargers not the 6'5 230 vincent jackson on the Bucs

but he might not and if not than continue laughing at him cuz that is a horrible comparison
Old 01-18-2014, 11:29 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paul Richardson> Sammy Watkins
Old 01-19-2014, 01:03 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post

Paul Richardson> Sammy Watkins
best serra wr in this class?
Old 01-19-2014, 01:31 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
best serra wr in this class?
No, but it's a lot closer than most would think. P-rich is the more skilled of the two.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:32 AM    (permalink
BeardedOne
Rookie

BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.BeardedOne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Big Harv View Post
Im gonna take a wild guess and say he probably meant he reminds him of vincent brown on the chargers not the 6'5 230 vincent jackson on the Bucs

but he might not and if not than continue laughing at him cuz that is a horrible comparison
I was not comparing him to Brown. Brown never was a speed guy. He got open because of route running, but his injuries sapped away what little speed and explosiveness he had.

You're right. V-Jax was a bad comparison for the most part. I have never been good at judging size on film when it's not obvious. I was mostly referring to Jackson's running and catching styles.