Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 01-16-2014, 05:14 PM    (permalink
worldtheofend
Rookie

worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
How can you say that Geno Smith lacked a feel for the game by judging him off his college resume? I don't remember anyone saying that about him last year.

There are always going to be differences in player comparisons. Bridgewater is bigger, so he has much better body mechanics to generate strong passes, which we do see. Neither are natural runners but elusive in the pocket and quick enough to not be a liability.

Same question for both... Can they make the transition to a pro style offense and be able to diagnose NFL defenses.

Lazy comparisons, lol. It was lightly said, but what's your expertise comparison?
Bridgewater was orchestrating a pro style offense and every thing that encompasses it while Geno was running Air Raid.

That is an astronomical difference.

If Geno had Bridgewater's intangibles and qb ability he would have been a first over all without question.
worldtheofend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:22 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How can you say that Geno Smith lacked a feel for the game by judging him off his college resume? I don't remember anyone saying that about him last year.

There are always going to be differences in player comparisons. Bridgewater is bigger, so he has much better body mechanics to generate strong passes, which we do see. Neither are natural runners but elusive in the pocket and quick enough to not be a liability.

Same question for both... Can they make the transition to a pro style offense and be able to diagnose NFL defenses.

Lazy comparisons, lol. It was lightly said, but what's your expertise comparison?
I don't think Bridgewater is bigger than Geno Smith at all. Teddy might measure slightly taller, but he's won't weight much more than Smith's 217# at the combine, if at all.

I really liked Geno Smith as a prospect, but at best he's a project. He never read more than half the field at WVU on most passing plays, and even then he rarely looked at more than two receiving options and a dumpoff.

Geno Smith in WVU's air raid offense in no way compares to the pro system Bridgewater ran at Louisville.
I doubt WVU had a route tree for WRs when Smith was there.

It was clear how little feel for the game Geno had during the 2nd half of his senior season when teams started doubling Tavon Austin and Bailey and Geno struggled mightily finding other options.

The right comparison for Bridgewater is either Rodgers or Brees.

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 01-19-2014 at 11:15 AM.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:30 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
The right comparison for Geno is either Rodgers or Brees.
Wait, what? I assume you mean Bridgewater, but still I ask, wait what?
Old 01-16-2014, 05:37 PM    (permalink
worldtheofend
Rookie

worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Bridgewater is more polished than Rogers coming out of school, I think Rogers had slightly more arm strength (improved in the pros)

I think Bridgewater may be a taller more mobile Drew Brees at the end of the day

Throwing on the run is very comparable to Rodgers, completes over 80% of his passes on bootlegs and rollouts
Old 01-16-2014, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Camp Arm
Rookie

Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I don't really do comparisons as QB's are unique but if i did it would be a shorter more athletic Brady in style.
Camp Arm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:43 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I meant Bridgewater.lol

I expect you would be confused with my comparison to Brees/Rodgers for Teddy since you saw a very strong comparison instead with Akili SMith and McNabb.

Bridgwater routinely looked off coverage in college, had no problem getting to his third read on passing downs, had impeccable decision making and rarely made a bad read, and had touch and accuracy throwing to all levels of the football field.

His footwork in the pocket is really better than any QB prospect over the last several years, and only Luck is comparable.

There's very little bust factor with Bridgewater.

That's not saying he's going to be an All-Pro, but at worst Teddy will be an average starter in the NFL.
His ceiling is Rodgers/Brees.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:47 PM    (permalink
worldtheofend
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp Arm View Post
I don't really do comparisons as QB's are unique but if i did it would be a shorter more athletic Brady in style.
Funny lol

Notes: Baseball catcher and football quarterback in high school who was drafted by the Montreal Expos in the 18th round of the June 1995 baseball draft. Opted for football and redshirted at Michigan in ’95. Saw limited action in ’96 and ’97 and started the past two years. Completed 3 of 5 passes for 26 yards, no touchdowns and one interception in ’96, 12-15-103-0-0 in ’97, 214-350-2,636-15-12 in ’98 and 180-295-2,216-16-6 in ’99, when he often shared time with super sophomore Drew Henson. Went all the way against Alabama in the Orange Bowl and completed 34-46-369-4. Unlike many Michigan quarterbacks, Brady is a pocket-type passer who plays best in a dropback-type system.

Tom Brady Positives: Good height to see the field. Very poised and composed. Smart and alert. Can read coverages. Good accuracy and touch. Produces in big spots and in big games. Has some Brian Griese in him and is a gamer. Generally plays within himself. Team leader.

Negatives: Poor build. Very skinny and narrow. Ended the ’99 season weighing 195 pounds and still looks like a rail at 211. Looks a little frail and lacks great physical stature and strength. Can get pushed down more easily than you’d like. Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush. Lacks a really strong arm. Can’t drive the ball down the field and does not throw a really tight spiral. System-type player who can get exposed if he must ad-lib and do things on his own.

Summary: Is not what you’re looking for in terms of physical stature, strength, arm strength and mobility, but he has the intangibles and production and showed great Griese-like improvement as a senior. Could make it in the right system but will not be for everyone.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:48 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't see it with either. Brees had a humongous arm in college, Teddy doesn't have it.

I see some Rodgers in Teddy, but not much. I remember my biggest knock on Rodgers was he was too mechanical at times, which i think was a result of Tedford overcoaching it
Old 01-16-2014, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bridgewater will fall somewhere between Drew Brees and Peyton Manning. Maybe, somewhere between a demigod and a god.

In all seriousness, he is a stud. He isn't going to wow you with arm strength, but its above average. Incredible accuracy and anticipation on his throws. A real student of the game, he progresses through his reads very quickly and almost always makes the right decision. Hes not a rah rah leader, but he leads by example. First person in, last person out. If he fails at the next level, its not going to be because of lack of effort or laziness.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredder View Post
I disagree about Bridgewater having an unimpressive arm. He doesn't have the cannon that a guy like Mettenberger has but I still see him being able to drive the ball on short and intermediate throws. As for accuracy and decision making I believe that McCarron gets helped out by the talent around him. He doesn't have to throw guys open as often and gets more wide open looks because of his O-line and the dominance of their running game. I guess we can agree to disagree though.
Mccarron has better talent, but has also faced much better competition to be fair. They produced pretty similarly and I'm simply saying that they have some of the same flaws, though maybe to different degrees. I think it gets overlooked.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Yes.

The answer was "everything," smart guy.
Lol, good to know
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:34 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There was a time for the Saints I thought he was going to be pretty good. Say what you want about him, but he did win you guys a few games that you wouldn't have otherwise lol
He also has times where he threw behind himself and to lineman. He had one good year where he had like 24 TDs and 10 INTs... He had a good arm but he was so dumb with the ball sometimes.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:45 AM    (permalink
Kyle472
Rookie

Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's funny watching the mock draft people fall for the Bortles is O'Briens type of QB and fits his system better joke.
Kyle472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:04 AM    (permalink
Camp Arm
Rookie

Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle472 View Post
It's funny watching the mock draft people fall for the Bortles is O'Briens type of QB and fits his system better joke.
I don't know what to think when it comes to how the NFL see's him.

I watch him play and think how can you not see how good he is and that he should be the first QB taken and at worst top 3. He does everything that you would want to see in a QB prospect and how it translates to the NFL.

Then i read on twitter from people "in the know" and all i hear is question marks that sound like people have not even watched him.

We have heard the Bortles/O'Brien link.

Daniel Jeremiah says some teams don't have first round grades on him.

Mel kiper says he has to prove he can lead an NFL Huddle, like Bortles and Manziel don't who he has being drafted ahed of him. He is ahead of both in that regard.

Adam Caplan a ESPN insider said teams think he is 6"1, some challenged him on twitter about that being a big deal and he responded by saying Brees and Wilson create space to pass can Bridgewater? It's obvious that has not even watched him play to question that.

Another person with a "source" says a NFL executive questioned how many throws does he have to make under pressure. Again anyone that has watched Louisville knows that their O-Line is not great and Bridgewater is always having to avoid the rush and he Excels at that.

Some of the same people who question Bridgewater's size don't have any problem drafting Manziel High.

I don't know what to believe.

Last edited by Camp Arm : 01-19-2014 at 08:15 AM.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Lakim
Rookie

Lakim hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Beleive nothing, and just remember Jeremiah`s "Shariff Floyd hype" last year.
Lakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle472 View Post
I'm not seeing a whole lot of mock draft people projecting Bortles to the Texans, at least not with the first pick. Could be that O'Brien wants more of a pocket passer like he had in Brady but that is just speculation.

For the Bridgewater fans out there i'm pretty confident he won't get past the Raiders pick so not sure what there is to worry about.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:11 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't know what to think when it comes to how the NFL see's him.

I watch him play and think how can you not see how good he is and that he should be the first QB taken and at worst top 3. He does everything that you would want to see in a QB prospect and how it translates to the NFL.

Then i read on twitter from people "in the know" and all i hear is question marks that sound like people have not even watched him.

We have heard the Bortles/O'Brien link.

Daniel Jeremiah says some teams don't have first round grades on him.

Mel kiper says he has to prove he can lead an NFL Huddle, like Bortles and Manziel don't who he has being drafted ahed of him. He is ahead of both in that regard.

Adam Caplan a ESPN insider said teams think he is 6"1, some challenged him on twitter about that being a big deal and he responded by saying Brees and Wilson create space to pass can Bridgewater? It's obvious that has not even watched him play to question that.

Another person with a "source" says a NFL executive questioned how many throws does he have to make under pressure. Again anyone that has watched Louisville knows that their O-Line is not great and Bridgewater is always having to avoid the rush and he Excels at that.

Some of the same people who question Bridgewater's size don't have any problem drafting Manziel High.

The only thing that makes sense is that it's all a smokescreen and teams are trying drive down Bridgewater's draft value so he'll be there later in the top 5.

WTF does Bridgewater-has-to-prove-he-can-lead-an-NFL-huddle even mean??

Questioning his footwork in the pocket for a guy who's a pure pocket passer, then doubting his ability to make throws under pressure are such off the wall critiques for Bridgewater than I can't take them seriously.

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 01-19-2014 at 11:35 AM.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:26 AM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's been funny watching people question Bridgewater's legitimacy as the #1 Qb prospect this year. First it was Marcus Mariota jumping him based off the strong start to his season. After he decided to stay another year the media started mentioning Blake Bortles (who had been hyped up on this board for a while) and then all of a sudden he went from "probably top 10" to "challenging Bridgewater for the #1 spot". Now it seems like everyone has forgotten about Manziel's question marks and are saying a lot of teams prefer him to Bridgewater. It seems like the media is just trying to create storylines IMO.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's been funny watching people question Bridgewater's legitimacy as the #1 Qb prospect this year. First it was Marcus Mariota jumping him based off the strong start to his season. After he decided to stay another year the media started mentioning Blake Bortles (who had been hyped up on this board for a while) and then all of a sudden he went from "probably top 10" to "challenging Bridgewater for the #1 spot". Now it seems like everyone has forgotten about Manziel's question marks and are saying a lot of teams prefer him to Bridgewater. It seems like the media is just trying to create storylines IMO.
If it was just the media, I'd completely agree with your assessment, however, the latest top 50's by ex scouts and ex Director of Personnel on NFL.com suggest Manziel is the leading QB and IMO, it casts a huge shadow over whether or not Bridgewater will be the 1st QB drafted. I think the post season will have a tremendous impact on just where Bridgewater, Manziel and Bortles rank, I just don't think it is fixed in stone at this moment.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Camp Arm
Rookie

Quote:
Don't forget the Derek Carr hype during the year.

The USC game hurt but watch him have a decent senior bowl and that narrative will start up again.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The USC game hurt but watch him have a decent senior bowl and that narrative will start up again.
Definitely, the Senior Bowl and the Combine will be crucial for him as well, the post season is when the prospects are all on the same playing field and their performance will tell the story. I don't think he'll get drafted ahead of Bridgewater, Manziel or Bortles but stranger things have happened with a strong post season.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:19 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

It's funny how things fluctuate from one draft to another.

In 2011 one of the big reasons Luck was rated ahead of RG3 was the offensive system Luck played in at Stanford, his ability to make presnap reads, call audibles at the LOS and his footwork in the pocket.

Two years later, the prospect who came out of the pro style system, made presnap reads and audibles and has excellent footwork in the pocket is apparently being downgraded by some scouts, yet the guy from the wide open funky spread system is being seen by some as the better prospect.

Strange game.

Two years later
Old 01-19-2014, 12:26 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I can't believe that I forgot about the Derek Carr hype. That was probably the most ridiculous of the bunch but I agree that he's going to get pushed back up the board because of how good he looks throwing without defenders around him.

Iamcanadian those ex scouts and ex Director of Personnel are part of the media at this point. I do put a little more stock into what they're saying but I still think that a good amount of what they report as the "general consensus around the league" is a smokescreen. Just last year we heard reports of Ryan Nassib being a top 10 pick, Matt Barkley not getting past the Cardinals at #7, and Sharrif Floyd being a unanimous top 3 pick. I don't doubt the authenticity of their sources, I just doubt how truthful their sources are being.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the narrative that somehow Teddy Bridgewater is being picked on here. It's called the evaluation process. There are concerns about his build, level of competition and such.

I highly doubt that Blake Bortles is going to jump Teddy or Manziel in the draft. It'll come down to the combine most likely as to who will be the first or second QB taken.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those ex-scouts...there's a reason they're not current scouts and are instead writing on websites.

One of the biggest guys out there is a former Director of College Scouting who talked the Bears into drafting Rex Grossman and still says that it was a well-spent first round pick and that his career turned out pretty good.

Getting fired for being terrible at your job doesn't mean you're better-equipped than anyone else.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote