Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-10-2014, 02:08 PM    (permalink
worldtheofend
Rookie

worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Bird View Post
Poor attempt at trolling.
Poor attempt at trolling
Great attempt at telling the truth
worldtheofend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:06 AM    (permalink
Kyle472
Rookie

Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does Bortles and Carrs level of competition ever get talked about? Or is it only a negative for Bridgewater?
Kyle472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:24 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not nearly as much. It think it's because in my mind I'm comparing Bridgewater to other top drafted QBs from the past but with Bortles and Carr I'm comparing them to Bridgewater so the competition level isn't different really. I think Bridgewater Is easily the best QB prospect by a fair margin in this class so he is compares against previous top QB prospects.

I would confidently take either Bridgewater or Bortles to build with my franchise. Bortles has things I like but I don't think he is as complete at this time as a prospect as Bridgewater is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Not nearly as much. It think it's because in my mind I'm comparing Bridgewater to other top drafted QBs from the past but with Bortles and Carr I'm comparing them to Bridgewater so the competition level isn't different really. I think Bridgewater Is easily the best QB prospect by a fair margin in this class so he is compares against previous top QB prospects.

I would confidently take either Bridgewater or Bortles to build with my franchise. Bortles has things I like but I don't think he is as complete at this time as a prospect as Bridgewater is.
I disagree, QB's like Bridgewater don't get taken over the coals and ranked lower than Manziel unless they carry some warts. I'd say it is a similar situation to Ryan's draft year. Ryan was clearly the #1 QB in that draft year yet got passed over by 2 teams because he had some warts, in his case it was a very average arm strength. Bridgewater and the other 2 QB's are in the running for the #1 spot in the draft suggesting all 3 have their problem areas and no one is a true standout. They may all have decent careers just like Ryan is a very decent QB but none of them may be great NFL QB's.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:02 PM    (permalink
worldtheofend
Rookie

worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I disagree, QB's like Bridgewater don't get taken over the coals and ranked lower than Manziel unless they carry some warts. I'd say it is a similar situation to Ryan's draft year. Ryan was clearly the #1 QB in that draft year yet got passed over by 2 teams because he had some warts, in his case it was a very average arm strength. Bridgewater and the other 2 QB's are in the running for the #1 spot in the draft suggesting all 3 have their problem areas and no one is a true standout. They may all have decent careers just like Ryan is a very decent QB but none of them may be great NFL QB's.
You can't tell whether a qb will be great not.

Nobody knew Rodgers would be as great as he is

Nobody knew Brees would be as great as he is

Nobody knew Brady would be as great as he is

Nobody knew Peyton Manning would be as great as he is

Regarding Peyton, Contrary to revisionist history

Peyton was considered a "steady eddy" type, good not great
Old 02-13-2014, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldtheofend View Post
You can't tell whether a qb will be great not.

Nobody knew Rodgers would be as great as he is

Nobody knew Brees would be as great as he is

Nobody knew Brady would be as great as he is

Nobody knew Peyton Manning would be as great as he is

Regarding Peyton, Contrary to revisionist history

Peyton was considered a "steady eddy" type, good not great
No one is saying you cannot find a great QB outside the top 5, but the odds for success are so low compared to finding one in the top 5 that few GM's every consider passing on a top 5 QB to take that chance, in fact almost no GM's would consider going that route if they hope to keep their jobs. According to your theory, you might as well draft a QB in round 6 and hope he is another Brady, unfortunately those odds at likely success seem foolish to most.
As for Peyton whom I'm not a fan of, he went #1 overall and just because he has shown that he is better than expected doesn't distract from drafting him #1 overall.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:30 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No one is saying you cannot find a great QB outside the top 5, but the odds for success are so low compared to finding one in the top 5 that few GM's every consider passing on a top 5 QB to take that chance, in fact almost no GM's would consider going that route if they hope to keep their jobs. According to your theory, you might as well draft a QB in round 6 and hope he is another Brady, unfortunately those odds at likely success seem foolish to most.
As for Peyton whom I'm not a fan of, he went #1 overall and just because he has shown that he is better than expected doesn't distract from drafting him #1 overall.
Just to help back up your point here's a breakdown of where the Superbowl winning QBs were drafted.

26 in the 1st round
3 in the 2nd round
6 in the 3rd round (Montana counting for 4 of these)
1 in the 4th round
0 in the 5th round
4 in the 6th round (Brady counting for 3 of these)
0 in the 7th round
5 Undrafted or drafted after the 7th round
15 drafted 1st overall
4 drafted 2nd-5th
2 drafted 6th-10th

I left out Staubach who was drafted in the 10th round as a future pick as everyone knew he would do a tour in the Navy and Steve Young who was drafted 1st overall in the supplemental draft following the collapse of the USFL.

I think the stats speak for themselves.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Just saw an interview with Charley Casserley about the top 5 QB's. He said among the top 3, Bridgewater, Manziel and Bortles, none is a consensus #1 pick. Any of these 3 could go #1 overall, they all have solid positives and serious warts and it may well come down to how they perform at their Pro Days where they will be asked to make NFL throws, whichever one shows the best will likely be the #1 overall pick. It is currently an open competition with little separation among the top 3.

The other 2 top 5 QB's mentioned were Carr and McCarron, he wanted to see both making pro type throws at their Pro Day, Carr away from his system plus his pocket presence and McCarron, to see if he is as good as Dalton.

He said a lot more about their warts, Bridgewater, it was his build, Manziel, pocket presence in a pro style offense and why he ran when he had wide open receivers and finally why he saw Bortles make some solid throws but at times, make unexplainable ones.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I'm picking for the Texans today, I'm taking Bridgewater. I can think of a lot worse flaws than a guy 3 months into his 21st year of life being skinny.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
If I'm picking for the Texans today, I'm taking Bridgewater. I can think of a lot worse flaws than a guy 3 months into his 21st year of life being skinny.
Casserley also said their were other questions concerning Bridgewater, namely leadership ability and other intangibles, just enough questions to keep him in the top group but not separate from it. He said, he wouldn't be surprised if Bortles turned out to be Houston's pick.

He said their pro days would decide their order because each still has a lot to prove. Take it for what it is worth.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:33 AM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just going to say it now, IMO the Texans taking Bortles 1st overall will be an epic fail on their part.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:34 AM    (permalink
Camp Arm
Rookie

Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Casserley also said their were other questions concerning Bridgewater, namely leadership ability and other intangibles, just enough questions to keep him in the top group but not separate from it. He said, he wouldn't be surprised if Bortles turned out to be Houston's pick.

He said their pro days would decide their order because each still has a lot to prove. Take it for what it is worth.
Bortles is exactly the type of QB Casserly loves so not surprised he had that stance on him, he absolutely loved Blaine Gabbert. Big, tall, arm and athletic everything else be damned. He hated Cam Newton that year though.

Everything i have heard about teddy is he was the leader of that team so i have no issue's, you don't have to be rah rah to lead.

Last edited by Camp Arm : 02-14-2014 at 05:26 AM.
Camp Arm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:55 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Leadership =/= screaming your head off between snaps.
There's a lot of nitpicking with Teddy because there isn't much to criticize once you turn on his game tape.

Bridgewater plays the game the way EVERY NFL HC or OC wants it to be played, yet he can't separate from Bortles(??...I don't think he sniffs the top 5) or Manziel???

Rubbish.

Teddy will show up at Indy weighing more than he ever did at Louisville(210-215#) and be exactly 6'3 or a tick below.

Pic above is Bridgewater working out at IMG preparing for Indy.

Personality wise, I think Teddy is very similar to Aaron Rodgers.

Don't be the team that passes on Bridgewater because of his soft spoken 'personality'.
Nobody likes that team.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:53 AM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Leadership =/= screaming your head off between snaps.
There's a lot of nitpicking with Teddy because there isn't much to criticize once you turn on his game tape.

Bridgewater plays the game the way EVERY NFL HC or OC wants it to be played, yet he can't separate from Bortles(??...I don't think he sniffs the top 5) or Manziel???

Rubbish.

Teddy will show up at Indy weighing more than he ever did at Louisville(210-215#) and be exactly 6'3 or a tick below.

Pic above is Bridgewater working out at IMG preparing for Indy.

Personality wise, I think Teddy is very similar to Aaron Rodgers.

Don't be the team that passes on Bridgewater because of his soft spoken 'personality'.
Nobody likes that team.
Exactly. All we've heard is that Teddy has incredible work habits and he has an incredibly calm demeanor. That's exactly what you want in a QB. He's going to draw out the same time of work ethic from those around him, similar to how Peyton always elevates the play of his WRs by demanding perfection from them. When the game is on the line and guys look at their QB and he's calm that takes a lot of the nerves out of the situation. Like you said, he doesn't need to be screaming on the sidelines like a Manziel or Brady to be a good leader.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:37 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teddy looks like a damn turtle.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:51 AM    (permalink
E_Bird
Veteran

E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a Casserly fan. And I see a significant drop off after Bridgewater and Manziel. Bortles has upside, definitely, but of those three, he's easily the least polished passer. I have him going to the Vikings at #8, and I think he's a slight reach there. I have Manziel and Bridgewater going anywhere in the top 4 - and being solid picks at those spots.
E_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:54 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not a Casserly fan. And I see a significant drop off after Bridgewater and Manziel. Bortles has upside, definitely, but of those three, he's easily the least polished passer. I have him going to the Vikings at #8, and I think he's a slight reach there. I have Manziel and Bridgewater going anywhere in the top 4 - and being solid picks at those spots.
I watched that clip of Casserly and he seemed like a moron. He just screams his points at you, I also like the little jab the host took at him for taking Carr first.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 02-14-2014, 09:32 AM    (permalink
E_Bird
Veteran

E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopSandwich View Post
I watched that clip of Casserly and he seemed like a moron. He just screams his points at you, I also like the little jab the host took at him for taking Carr first.
Leading up to the draft, I remember him saying something along the lines of, 'I haven't watched Gabbert yet, but I like him!'

I was like, did this guy just say this on TV?
E_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:59 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Leading up to the draft, I remember him saying something along the lines of, 'I haven't watched Gabbert yet, but I like him!'

I was like, did this guy just say this on TV?
Yeah I don't like when people spout off opinions on **** they know nothing about or haven't watched... What's the point? Most times you come off looking like an idiot and it discredits future opinions when you do know what you're saying.

Old 02-14-2014, 11:07 AM    (permalink
worldtheofend
Rookie

5 years from now teams like Brows are going to wish they traded up that 26th pick and their 4th to jump ahead of the Jags for Bridgewater

Manziel who???? Bortles what?????

Who is the next Teddy Bridgewater????
Old 02-14-2014, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Camp Arm
Rookie

Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Casserly is just from that old school NFL generation, height and weight are pretty much everything to them. It fools those guys year after year.

You listen to phil seems speak about QB's and to him it's all about arm strength.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp Arm View Post
Casserly is just from that old school NFL generation, height and weight are pretty much everything to them. It fools those guys year after year.

You listen to phil seems speak about QB's and to him it's all about arm strength.
Well, based on his track record on draftable QB's, you have to take his analysis on QB's with a grain of salt. He drafted Carr #1 overall and didn't like Newton, hardly a receipe for confidence in his opinions on the position.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:

It hasn't hurt Peyton, Brady and Rodgers too much, so I'd have to say it is still a reasonable approach.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:08 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

Quote:

Phil Simms is pretty high on my list of media people who have no idea what they're talking about. He basically lost all credibility for saying he was unsure about Andrew Luck. Now he says he's unsure about all of the QBs in this class. When he was asked which QB he thought had the most upside he said "I honestly can't answer that. That's how unsure I am about these guys.". Which was basically him saying I haven't done any scouting and I don't know what I'm talking about anyways.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Camp Arm
Rookie

Quote:
It hasn't hurt Peyton, Brady and Rodgers too much, so I'd have to say it is still a reasonable approach.
What do you mean?

If you are talking about arm strength Peyton never had a rocket even in his prime although it was more than strong enough and leaf was the big armed guy in his class.

Brady and Rodgers were both knocked for arm strength and size coming out of college.

Phil Simms loves QB's with absolute rockets.

Last edited by Camp Arm : 02-14-2014 at 03:25 PM.