Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-04-2014, 12:37 PM    (permalink
worldtheofend
Rookie

worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I do like the Matt Ryan comparison for Teddy. Although, I think any team drafting him has to hope they get more than that.

Because Matt Ryan sucks.
1. Matt Ryan had one down year, he doesn't "suck"

2. Bridgewater is a weaker armed Russell Wilson with better pocket presence
worldtheofend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:44 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldtheofend View Post
1. Matt Ryan had one down year, he doesn't "suck"

2. Bridgewater is a weaker armed Russell Wilson with better pocket presence
1. I have watched much more Matt Ryan than you. And if you want to go statistically, he has had two down years, his second year and last year. If you want to go by reality, he has never been very good.

2. You are an idiot.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:47 PM    (permalink
worldtheofend
Rookie

worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend worldtheofend

Quote:
1. I have watched much more Matt Ryan than you. And if you want to go statistically, he has had two down years, his second year and last year. If you want to go by reality, he has never been very good.

2. You are an idiot.
1. You have no clue what you are talking about

He threw for 4,515 yards 26 Tds and 17 ints this last year, 89.6 rating

Real down year right?

You have no clue on gods green earth of what you are saying

2. See above,
Old 04-04-2014, 12:48 PM    (permalink
worldtheofend
Rookie

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...owl-from-elite

Quote:
ESPN analyst Bill Polian, who served as president and general manager of the Indianapolis Colts during the Manning years, knows all about being around an elite quarterback. And Polian believes firmly believes Ryan is right there.

``I think he’s a Super Bowl (win) away from being elite,’’ Polian said recently. ``He’s very close.’’
Bill Polian, a guy that knows a thing or two about elite qbs
Old 04-04-2014, 12:50 PM    (permalink
worldtheofend
Rookie

And I don't compare Bridgewater to Ryan on top of that
Old 04-04-2014, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BamaFalcon is a moron, ignore him.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:55 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to agree with worldtheofend that you're kind of crazy to say that Matt Ryan sucks. He's not a top 5 QB but I think it's hard to say he's not in the top 10. His struggles last year mostly stemmed from his entire offense being hurt besides Gonzalez. He had a bad offensive line, limited receiving threats, and the least amount of run support in the league. People praised Brady for getting by with limited weapons but at least he had a good O-line, a great run game, and a good defense.

The comparison between Bridgewater and Wilson is a strange one though. I don't see any similarities in their game. In fact Wilson's greatest strength(making plays down the field) is Bridgewater's biggest weakness.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:57 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
BamaFalcon is a moron, ignore him.
I really need to make a list of people to ignore.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:59 PM    (permalink
worldtheofend
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredder View Post
I have to agree with worldtheofend that you're kind of crazy to say that Matt Ryan sucks. He's not a top 5 QB but I think it's hard to say he's not in the top 10. His struggles last year mostly stemmed from his entire offense being hurt besides Gonzalez. He had a bad offensive line, limited receiving threats, and the least amount of run support in the league. People praised Brady for getting by with limited weapons but at least he had a good O-line, a great run game, and a good defense.

The comparison between Bridgewater and Wilson is a strange one though. I don't see any similarities in their game. In fact Wilson's greatest strength(making plays down the field) is Bridgewater's biggest weakness.
Throwing while being mobile and their general approach to the game
Old 04-04-2014, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Real down year right?

2. See above,
and that was with Julio and Roddy hurt for most of the year. Douglas is underrated, but still. They also had no run game or defense.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:34 PM    (permalink
worldtheofend
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
and that was with Julio and Roddy hurt for most of the year. Douglas is underrated, but still. They also had no run game or defense.
On top of the o-line being the worst in all of football
Old 04-04-2014, 11:40 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Real down year right?

2. See above,
In today's NFL, those are not good numbers. More importantly:

4-12
1-4 in the playoffs

Old 04-04-2014, 11:52 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan hasn't found his footing in the playoffs yet, but he is clearly a really good QB. The Falcons as a team earned that 4-12 record. I'll trade you for Matt Ryan right now if you don't want him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:11 AM    (permalink
worldtheofend
Rookie

Quote:

4-12
1-4 in the playoffs
Clearly ignoring the fact that football is the ultimate team sport

Go back to the backwoods of bama
Old 04-05-2014, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

4-12
1-4 in the playoffs
Those are pretty good numbers. A lot of teams would kill for that kind of production from their quarterback. Matt Ryan is a very good starter. He wasn't the problem for the Falcons last year. Sure his record in the playoffs isn't very good, but that doesn't mean he sucks. That's like saying Warren Moon sucked because of his playoff failures. It's a team sport. QB is the most important piece, but he can't do it all. Do you really want to go back to the Joey Harrington or Byron Leftwich days for your franchise?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 04-05-2014 at 01:33 AM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:01 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Those are pretty good numbers. A lot of teams would kill for that kind of production from their quarterback. Matt Ryan is a very good starter. He wasn't the problem for the Falcons last year. Sure his record in the playoffs isn't very good, but that doesn't mean he sucks. That's like saying Warren Moon sucked because of his playoff failures. It's a team sport. QB is the most important piece, but he can't do it all. Do you really want to go back to the Joey Harrington or Byron Leftwich days for your franchise?
The problem is that he is a top 15 QB who has a 100 million dollar contract. I wouldn't want to pay Joe Flacco that money either. Due to this, I think he will handicap the team for the next decade, from the ultimate goal that is.

Obviously he doesnt suck as in being less than average. But I don't want him as my QB, just like I wouldn't want Carmelo Anthony as my superstar. Different sports, same principle. You get handicapped.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:31 AM    (permalink
worldtheofend
Rookie

Quote:
The problem is that he is a top 15 QB who has a 100 million dollar contract. I wouldn't want to pay Joe Flacco that money either. Due to this, I think he will handicap the team for the next decade, from the ultimate goal that is.

Obviously he doesnt suck as in being less than average. But I don't want him as my QB, just like I wouldn't want Carmelo Anthony as my superstar. Different sports, same principle. You get handicapped.
Bill Polian disagrees

Old 04-05-2014, 10:41 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

He said he is a superbowl win away from being elite. He won't be winning a superbowl.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Unfortunately, that is the going rate for a less than perfect QB who can still get your team to the playoffs and maybe beyond. Teams just have to live with it.

Ryan certainly has his problem areas, his arm strength is just average and that definitely seems to limits his playoff success, at least so far.

I don't think you can use last season against him, everybody but his mother's uncle got hurt and that would limit almost every QB.

You know, everybody always blames the QB, but sometimes it is the HC who limits a team's success. Schotty and Reid are 2 examples of HC's who almost always got their teams to the playoffs but not beyond. Perhaps it is Smith who is one of those types. I guess you'll find out soon enough.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:58 AM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

Quote:
He said he is a superbowl win away from being elite. He won't be winning a superbowl.
I don't know how you can say that with any certainty. If Eli can win a superbowl I find it hard to believe that Ryan is incapable of winning one with adequate talent around him.

The problem right now is that the Falcons depth got exposed last season. After their top tier talent went down with injury they became one of the least talented teams in the NFL IMO.

Again, he had no run game to work with, limited receiving talent, a terrible O-line, and an awful defense. If you give him the pieces to work with I truly believe he can win his team a superbowl. The Falcons have struggled to provide him with those necessary pieces though.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That is how it works. Because you'd rather be floating around 8-8 every year with a QB that has a stranglehold on the cap situation than be 4-12 every single season while looking for that QB. You have to ask yourself what you would rather have. A quarterback that puts up quality production while the rest of the team needs fixing up by the organization, or be an NFL doormat franchise looking for the next quarterback to lead your team which could take years. Look at the Browns and Bills. They haven't had a legitimate starter in about 20 years plus. Perhaps the blame should go on the organization to find impact players at a young age. Blame the market and how it's constructed, not the quarterback.

As for Joe Flacco, sure that's a lot of money for him. At the same time do they get to 8-8 if Tyrod Taylor or some other journeyman is starting? Especially with all the other problems the Ravens had this past season like their offensive line and receiver problems?

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 04-05-2014 at 04:53 PM.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:57 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
That is how it works. Because you'd rather be floating around 8-8 every year with a QB that has a stranglehold on the cap situation than be 4-12 every single season while looking for that QB. You have to ask yourself what you would rather have. A quarterback that puts up quality production while the rest of the team needs fixing up by the organization, or be an NFL doormat franchise looking for the next quarterback to lead your team which could take years. Look at the Browns and Bills. They haven't had a legitimate starter in about 20 years plus. Perhaps the blame should go on the organization to find impact players at a young age. Blame the market and how it's constructed, not the quarterback.

As for Joe Flacco, sure that's a lot of money for him. At the same time do they get to 8-8 if Tyrod Taylor or some other journeyman is starting? Especially with all the other problems the Ravens had this past season like their offensive line and receiver problems?
I understand how the market works and I understand why the Falcons paid him. I just don't think that he is the route to the superbowl. Which is why I am not a supporter.

Old 04-11-2014, 04:06 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Even after struggling at his Pro Day, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Friday that Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater's private workouts with NFL clubs "have also gone very shakily."
Mort believes Bridgewater's forthcoming draft-day slide won't occur solely because of his Pro Day. He says Bridgewater's private passing sessions with teams have been underwhelming, too. Mortensen added that teams remain concerned with Bridgewater's smallish hands. Once considered the likely No. 1 overall pick, Bridgewater's fall could ultimately mimic Geno Smith's from last year.
I didn't love his tape, was willing to give him a mulligan on the pro day due to the gloves issue, but this bit of news is damning.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:12 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

I'm going down with the ship on this one.

This was my first season of serious scouting and Bridgewater has been my guy the whole way. I still believe he's the best QB prospect in this draft. If he busts I'll just have to learn from it in the future but I'm not going to abandon ship just because of a shaky offseason.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Just remember there was a room full of scouts that got out of their seats clapping at Alex Smiths' pro day.

Quote: