Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbrunn View Post
I like Watkins too , but Evans is just that big tough receiver that Ben wants and needs

but I'm on the Marcus Mariota or Brett Hundley bandwagon

both young guys who would only improve sitting behind Ben for 2 yrs

you never know when you'll get the chance to solidify your franchise for the next 15 yrs
Eh, I think we might still get another solid 3, 4 years out of Ben, barring a serious injury. If we take a QB early on we're basically giving up on rebuilding around Ben and might as well trade him while he still has excellent value.

Right now, picking top 5, it's either Jadeveon Clowney or Jake Matthews for me. Matthews for obvious reasons, Clowney because he's a game-changer.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:36 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

either whatever Lt grades out the highest for us or sammy watkins for me

gone are the days where you draft an early qb to have him sit and learn unfortunately, its a now league so if you get a top 10 qb... expectations are that you play him sooner rather than later

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will Allen is back
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDub View Post
Will Allen is back
We dropped DaMon Cromartie-Smith due to injury, so all in all a relatively quiet move.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 10-10-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
We dropped DaMon Cromartie-Smith due to injury, so all in all a relatively quiet move.
silent move in talent level

but I think a huge move as in this team has no direction and are scared to move on

I understand cheap already know the system hoorahh , that's bogus , the team and front office are afraid to move on

system is so confusing it takes players 10 yrs to grasp it but yet still can't create turnovers ..

same thing with Sylvester , and I was a huge Sylvester fan but he's gone you were done with him and Terrance Garvin looked good in preseason why not give him a shot?

ok my rant is over
Cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:57 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its so harrrrddddddd to say gooodbyeeee to yesterdayyyYYYYY

Old 10-11-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
silent move in talent level

but I think a huge move as in this team has no direction and are scared to move on

I understand cheap already know the system hoorahh , that's bogus , the team and front office are afraid to move on

system is so confusing it takes players 10 yrs to grasp it but yet still can't create turnovers ..

same thing with Sylvester , and I was a huge Sylvester fan but he's gone you were done with him and Terrance Garvin looked good in preseason why not give him a shot?

ok my rant is over
From my understanding, had Sly not gotten hurt, he would have taken Wilson's spot in training camp.

Garvin is learning both OLB and ILB.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
From my understanding, had Sly not gotten hurt, he would have taken Wilson's spot in training camp.

Garvin is learning both OLB and ILB.
I think Garvin has a future cause of his ability to move and cover , I think Garvin is my new Sly lol

and I used to be a huge fan of sly , he's the reason I didn't want to draft an ILB , I thought he would of stepped up but he's always hurt
Old 10-11-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

I want to see how well Spence recovers. That was a brutal knee injury and he probably won't ever be the same player again (or have the same physical skills), but he might be solid depth.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 10-11-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Also, out of boredom right now, I did some revisionist stuff and re-drafted from 2009 onwards (after winning the Superbowl) with the same picks. Basically players that were available with those picks. These are the ideal drafts, IMO:

2009:
1. RB LeSean McCoy (taken 53, we took Ziggy Hood at 32)
3. CB Lardarius Webb (taken 88, we took Kraig Urbik at 79)
3. WR Mike Wallace (YAY!)
3. DT Henry Melton (taken 105, we took Keenan Lewis at 96)
5. TE Brandon Myers (taken 202, we took Joe Burnett at 168)
5. WR Julian Edelman (taken 232, we took Frank Summers at 169)
6. LB Danell Ellerbe (UDFA, we took Ra'Shon Harris at 205)
7. OL Alex Boone (UDFA we took A.Q. Shipley at 226)
7. RB Arian Foster (UDFA, we took David Johnson at 241)

1. WR Dez Bryant (taken 24, we picked Maurkice Pouncey at 18)
2. OT Jared Veldheer (taken 69, we picked Jason Worilds at 52)
3. LB Navorro Bowman (taken 91, we took Emmanuel Sanders at 82)
4. S Kam Chancellor (taken 133, we took Thaddeus Gibson 116)
5. DE Arthur Jones (taken 157, we took Chris Scott at 151)
5. CB Sam Shields (UDFA, we took Crezdon Butler at 164)
5. WR Victor Cruz (UDFA, we took Stevenson Sylvester at 166)
6. RB Joique Bell (UDFA, we took Jonathan Dwyer at 188)
6. WR Antonio Brown (YAY!)
7. C Phil Costa (UDFA, we took Doug Worthington at 242)

2011:
1. WR Randall Cobb (taken 64, we took Cameron Heyward 31)
2. DE/OLB Justin Houston (taken 70, we took Marcus Gilbert 63)
3. TE Julius Thomas (or Jordan Cameron) (taken 129, we took Curtis Brown 95)
4. CB Richard Sherman (taken 154, we took Cortez Allen 128)
5. FB/TE Charles Clay (taken 174, we took Chris Carter 162)
6. FB Henry Hynoski (UDFA, we took Keith Williams 196)
7. LB Mark Herzlich (UDFA, we took Baron Batch 232)

2012:
1. OG David DeCastro (I still have faith he'll be very good)
2. QB Russell Wilson (taken 75, we took Mike Adams 56)
3. WR T.Y. Hilton (taken 92, we took Sean Spence 86)
4. K Blair Walsh (taken 175, we took Alameda Ta'Amu 109)
5. RB Alfred Morris (taken 173, we took Chris Rainey 159)
7. LB Vontanze Burfict (UDFA, we took Toney Clemons 231)
7. S Duke Ihenacho (UDFA, we took David Paulson 240)
7. RB Brandon Bolden (UDFA, we took Terrence Frederick 246)
7. Kelvin Beachum (YAY!)

2013:
The same:
1. OLB Landry Jones
2. RB Le'Veon Bell
3. WR Markus Wheaton
4. S Shamarko Thomas
4. QB Landry Jones
Next picks don't matter here

Guys in bold are the ones we did bring in for draft visits:

QB Ben Roethlisberger --> Russell Wilson --> Landry Jones
FB Charles Clay --> Henry Hynoski
RB RB Arian Foster --> LeSean McCoy --> Alfred Morris --> Joique Bell --> Brandon Bolden --> Le'Veon Bell
WR Dez Bryant --> Antonio Brown --> Markus Wheaton
WR Mike Wallace --> Victor Cruz --> T.Y. Hilton
WR Randall Cobb --> Julian Edelman
TE Heath Miller --> Julius Thomas --> Brandon Myers
LT Jared Veldheer
LG Alex Boone
C Phil Costa
RG David DeCastro
RT Kelvin Beachum

LE Arthur Jones
NT Steve McLendon
RE Henry Melton
LOLB LaMarr Woodley --> Jarvis Jones
ILB Lawrence Timmons --> Vontaze Burfict --> Mark Herzlich
ILB Navorro Bowman --> Dannell Ellerbe
ROLB Justin Houston --> Jarvis Jones
CB Ike Taylor --> Lardarius Webb
CB Richard Sherman --> Sam Shields
SS Troy Polamalu --> Duke Ihenacho
FS Kam Chancellor --> Shamarko Thomas

K Shaun Suisham
P Drew Butler
LS Greg Warren

3 spots left on the roster for linemen. Championship.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 10-14-2013, 07:00 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

ah yes, the ol 6-headed rb

i couldnt even draft a madden team that good

o-line is still kinda weak tho

Old 10-14-2013, 07:38 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We won! Now we must fight for second overall pick.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:11 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

oh levi, we hardly knew ye

Old 10-15-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's probably for the best that he isn't around and playing.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Apparently he needed to be active for five weeks (after missing a season, some rule like that) for the trade of picks to be valid, so we keep him, but we don't give up the pick, nor receive arizona's pick. Basically, we signed him as a FA.

And we're on the book for a huge deal next year, so he's basically gone. Maybe we'll resign him after a hefty paycut.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 10-16-2013, 06:22 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I think his career is done. Torn triceps two years in a row and already isn't very good?
Old 10-16-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Apparently he needed to be active for five weeks (after missing a season, some rule like that) for the trade of picks to be valid, so we keep him, but we don't give up the pick, nor receive arizona's pick. Basically, we signed him as a FA.

And we're on the book for a huge deal next year, so he's basically gone. Maybe we'll resign him after a hefty paycut.
isn't all the guaranteed money finish after this year?

I think they were thinking cap casualty all along if that's true, unless he takes a huge pay cut
Old 10-16-2013, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
isn't all the guaranteed money finish after this year?

I think they were thinking cap casualty all along if that's true, unless he takes a huge pay cut
Yes, all his guarenteed money is done. He'll clear 6.2 million in space.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quick mock draft:

1) Sammy Watkins WR Clemson

-With 3 WRs projected to leave, the Steelers need weapons for Ben. What better way to do it than the best WR in the draft? Watkins has good hands, good size and great speed to make him the absolute playmaker for this team. He isn't as fast as Wallace, but he's plenty fast in his own right. A three wide set of Watkins and Wheaton on the outside with Brown in the slot can make this offense very dynamic. I still believe we have a small window and I hope that we can capitalize it with this draft.

2) Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE Washington

-Yes the Steelers are trying to keep clean, but his talent should warrent consideration. Heath isn't going to play forever and ASJ will provide a huge boost to our offense. A huge catch radius and great athleticism, he'll be a playmaker for years to come. I can see him being on our board as long as he stays out of trouble.

3) Jack Mewhort OT Ohio State

-The Steelers OL is pretty bad, but I like a lot of the players and like their potential. That said, it'll be foolish to not try and improve. In comes Mewhort. I don't know too much about him, but he has long arms and a great frame. He played for Urban Meyer so he's fairly athletic as well. With his versatility, he can play either LT or G for the Steelers.

4a) Demarcus Lawrence OLB Boise State

-I'll have to dig into his character more, but the kid can flat out get after the quarterback. We'll be losing Chris Carter and Worilds in the offseason, so we'll need guys who can get after the quarterback. With his suspensions, he'll be questioned during interviews, but I don't think his character is alarming.

4b) EJ Gaines CB Missouri

-Not a big guy, but he's fluid in coverage and puts his hands on a lot of footballs(29 career PBUs, 6 INT). He's also very scrappy and will return kicks. We need to find another starter CB when Ike leaves sooner than later. Gaines will be brought into the fold and developed.

5) Antonio Andrews RB Western Kentucky

-Fumbling is his problem, but that's easily corrected. He has the size and speed to handle a workload if Bell were to go down again.

6a) Will Clarke DE West Virginia

-Not also techically sound, but he's got a lot of size and potential to be a solid player down the line. I could see him going the similar route as Nick Williams.

6b) Zach Kerr NT Deleware

-We don't have much behind McClendon and we could use the young depth.

7a) Weston Richburg C/G Colorado State

-Could go much higher, but interior guys don't go very high unless you're elite. I think he's going to be a solid depth guy along the interior.

7b) Kirby Van Der Kamp P Iowa State

-Zoltan Mesko hasn't been terrible, but he hasn't been great either. Kamp will provide competition at the position.

UDFA:

Jordan Hall RB Ohio State
Corey Pitt Brown S Ohio State
Dorian Bell LB Duquesne
CJ Brown QB Maryland
Darwin Cook S West Virginia
BJ Stevens OLB Cal U
Bernard Reedy WR Toledo
Dayonne Nunley CB Miami OH
Old 10-17-2013, 01:07 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

If we get those two guys with our first two picks, I wouldn't care about the rest haha.

Guy I'm starting to like is Carlos Hyde, another big back from the Big 10 ala LeVeon.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 10-17-2013, 06:09 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I like Hyde too. I don't know where to project him, though. Could go anywhere from early day 3 to UDFA.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:37 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

lee or watkins?

i'm leanning lee atm

Old 10-17-2013, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Watkins all the way. Bigger, faster, probably has better hands and I don't trust USC WRs in the NFL.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need a big wr, that can separate.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

watkins and lee are pretty much the same size 6'1" to 6'0 205 to 200

id imagine the speed would be comparable as well