Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 05-22-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Haha it was a 10 man game if I remember... fair point sir.

Although do we suspect OSU to try it?
Not just OSU, but the mafia as a whole.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I see see CJ quoted something similar but I just want to say is it just me or is this easily the most common frame attempt?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I recall playing a game with you when you were the killer and you made a living on killing those who were suspicious of you and then playing it off as a frame job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Yea, I did say that because it's true. You would be the worst ******* mafia member ever SP if you don't see the stupidity of getting rid of someone who's suspicious of you when they are pushing heat on you. If you kill them then all anyone is going to look at after they die is who they were suspicious of, in this case Gonzo and me. That's why the mafia kills people who have a lot of suspicions so it takes heat off of them. If I was mafia, killing Gonzo would only put more heat on me
JR makes a good point there. Especially early in the game, killing people that are suspicious of you usually gets shrugged off as "oh I wouldn't be that stupid" and people give it up, but it has worked as a tactic in the past.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

vote:OSU

I admit I am going out on a limb in regards to how quick I am voting.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Not liking this misrepresenting post, particularly with the way you subtly tried to pimp yourself in it. Yes, I called Gonzo out for playing differently early, I also turned around and said him and vidae were both town when they started bickering. Cigaro and you both also said something similar but I see you only decided to comment on yourself calling them both town. Convenient.
I must have missed the post where you called them both town. Now that you say it, I think I do recall reading that last night. But calling them both town doesn't absolve you from guilt. Mafia members call people good all the time.

As for Cigaro, I can't seem to find the post of him calling Gonzo and Vidae good. He says

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Eh, I'm not really seeing the cases against any of the guys being voted for. Except b316, because I can obviously not be wrong.
At that point, neither Gonzo nor Vidae had any votes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I must have missed the post where you called them both town. Now that you say it, I think I do recall reading that last night. But calling them both town doesn't absolve you from guilt. Mafia members call people good all the time.

As for Cigaro, I can't seem to find the post of him calling Gonzo and Vidae good. He says

At that point, neither Gonzo nor Vidae had any votes.
I'm not saying it absolves me from guilt, I'm simply saying that your post was a misrepping post, which is a classic scum tactic, and in it you propped yourself up and made others look evil.

I think the Cigaro one was a couple posts after mine, he didn't explicitly call them town I don't think, just implied it by referencing last game where they did this and were both town.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-22-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Not just OSU, but the mafia as a whole.
Not denying that as a tactic but conventional wisdom is that Marge was killed by the Serial Killer due to the stab wounds vs gun shot wounds.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also, unless more information comes out

Vote OSU
This raises a HUGE suspicion for me.

Ask yourself... What would the mafia hope for in targeting Gonzo?

My guess is that they would be trying to set up someone for a Day 2 lynch. It's no secret that Gonzo was going hard after OSU. So by killing Gonzo, it makes people believe that OSU might've been the one responsible for wanting Gonzo killed at night. So is the mafia trying to set up OSU to be the Day 2 target? That was my initial thought after reading the night story.

So I start reading the thread and I see your post here... obviously setting up OSU to be the topic of lynch discussion early on.

Then there's this...

Quote:
Yeah, the watched (assuming there is one) should only come out if they saw the murder.

Also, I reread the thread and here is what I came up with:

SP, Grizz, OSU, Brat, & Rufus all accused Vidae or Gonzo at some point.
JR and D-Unit both put Gonzo in the "Good" category and JR also put Vidae in the "Good" category.
Gonzo accused D-Unit, OSU, and said either Cigaro or TH is evil. Vidae also accused D-Unit.

Personally, I know I'm good. Gonzo gave no real reasons for Cigaro or TH, so I'll leave those be.

As for the rest, I'd rank them by most evil:
1. OSU
2. Brat
3. Grizz
4. SP
5. Rufus
6. D-Unit
I'm not new to this game anymore. So when I see someone volunteer to look up the previous day's posts, and provide a summary I now have the perspective that this guy is really putting forth a lot of effort. Mafia will typically exert this type of effort. For one, it puts on the "I'm with the town" front on. Especially gotta love the little exerpt "Personally, I know I'm good." Secondly, it begins to deflect attention on others and potentially drive the day's discussion in that direction.

Quote:
JR and D-Unit both put Gonzo in the "Good" category and JR also put Vidae in the "Good" category.
This one REALLY gets me. Too obvious an attempt to place yourself in the "good" light and distance yourself from being in any suspicion against Gonzo and vidae.

vote: JRD
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JR please point out my post(s) accusing Vidae or Gonzo. You listed me and I never accused either of them

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I'm not saying it absolves me from guilt, I'm simply saying that your post was a misrepping post, which is a classic scum tactic, and in it you propped yourself up and made others look evil.

I think the Cigaro one was a couple posts after mine, he didn't explicitly call them town I don't think, just implied it by referencing last game where they did this and were both town.
Now I did see that post. But as you see, I left Cigaro off the list of evil, so by no means am I calling him out.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 05-22-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
JR please point out my post(s) accusing Vidae or Gonzo. You listed me and I never accused either of them
You didn't ever call out Vidae. But you were fighting with Gonzo. No outright accusal I suppose.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 05-22-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with D, very little doubt in my mind JR is the SK or Mafia. Marge was definitely the SK kill(stab vs gun-shot) and then right away JR puts the heat back on me. I think he killed Gonzo as the SK to blame it on me and call me mafia in the morning

Vote JR

Old 05-22-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

This one REALLY gets me. Too obvious an attempt to place yourself in the "good" light and distance yourself from being in any suspicion against Gonzo and vidae.

vote: JRD
I put that in there because it's a fact. I was putting out all of the information I had based on re-reading the thread. I can certianly see how you can see evilness in there. Had another person said both Vidae and Gonzo are good, I may have placed them pretty high on my Most Evil List. But since I've read my PM, seen who my character is, and know what my role is, I didn't put myself on the list.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 05-22-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You didn't ever call out Vidae. But you were fighting with Gonzo. No outright accusal I suppose.
No outright accusal?!?! Try none at all! I never once called out Gonzo as being evil, we argued for 3 posts then talked about movies for a few then both shared our thoughts on people in the game. Re-read what happened between us and try and tell me you still think we were fighting and I accused him

Old 05-22-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm with D, very little doubt in my mind JR is the SK or Mafia.
Nope

Quote:
Marge was definitely the SK kill(stab vs gun-shot) and then right away JR puts the heat back on me. I think he killed Gonzo as the SK to blame it on me and call me mafia in the morning
Wrong again

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 05-22-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I accused almost everyone to be bad at some point, including you Jr. What say you then?

Personally I know I'm good. Everyone else?
Old 05-22-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I put that in there because it's a fact. I was putting out all of the information I had based on re-reading the thread. I can certianly see how you can see evilness in there. Had another person said both Vidae and Gonzo are good, I may have placed them pretty high on my Most Evil List. But since I've read my PM, seen who my character is, and know what my role is, I didn't put myself on the list.
But no one had accused you(yet) and obviously you're not going to say your evil. Why re-iterate how good you are over and over if you are good and no one has questioned it. The same way I found it suspicious when D did it yesterday I find it off when you did it today

Old 05-22-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Nope

Wrong again
Well, that's all the evidence I need. CASE CLOSED! JR IS GOOD!

Old 05-22-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
Now I did see that post. But as you see, I left Cigaro off the list of evil, so by no means am I calling him out.
...the point of my post was to show that you brought out this big post looking to be helpful and summarize what happened the day before but you only summarized the things you wanted to summarize. You brought your revisionist history that makes you sound like a super-awesome good guy while making others look evil. Classic scum tactics.

I think D is pretty obvtown and if he's seeing most of the same things I'm seeing, I'm definitely willing to back him up here.

Vote: JR

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-22-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Reading what D posted really has me scratching my head and makes me think I voted to hastily.

unvote:OSU

Old 05-22-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
But no one had accused you(yet) and obviously you're not going to say your evil. Why re-iterate how good you are over and over if you are good and no one has questioned it. The same way I found it suspicious when D did it yesterday I find it off when you did it today
I was listing everyone who called Gonzo and Vidae evil, good, was accused by any of them, or fought with them. I called them both good (also voted for Vidae as a joke) so I had to include myself.

But I also know I'm good so I didn't include myself on the list. I would find it much more suspicious if I had completely left myself out of the post than calling myself good.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 05-22-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Reading what D posted really has me scratching my head and makes me think I voted to hastily.

unvote:OSU
That is a scary thought... although that is essentially what I was getting at.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

[ooc]I've got a ****** 2-hour staff meeting to go to, I'll be back later[/ooc]

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-22-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I was listing everyone who called Gonzo and Vidae evil, good, was accused by any of them, or fought with them. I called them both good (also voted for Vidae as a joke) so I had to include myself.

But I also know I'm good so I didn't include myself on the list. I would find it much more suspicious if I had completely left myself out of the post than calling myself good.
Yes but in the section specifically stating people that accused Vidae or Gonzo you listed me and I didn't. You also listed me in the other spots(accused by them/fought with them) which is fine you're right there. But you were wrong before and can't just admit that and are trying to find ways to justify it that make no sense.

Also, we get it you said you're good. No one is ever going to say they're bad in a mafia game.

Old 05-22-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

goin to play basketball, be back later

Old 05-22-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yes but in the section specifically stating people that accused Vidae or Gonzo you listed me and I didn't. You also listed me in the other spots(accused by them/fought with them) which is fine you're right there. But you were wrong before and can't just admit that and are trying to find ways to justify it that make no sense.

Also, we get it you said you're good. No one is ever going to say they're bad in a mafia game.
Yeah, you didn't accuse them. Still doesn't make me think you are good. As to your last point, I say I'm evil all the time. Heck, I did it earlier this game.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote: