Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 05-21-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
JERK!

p.s. Does this qualify as a personal attack, can Gonzo be banned for this? Even if it's just for one day, ya know, just for shits and giggles
**** you ************!

I really did always feel that mafia was my safe haven. My place to be a dick and not be banned you ******* asshole. Way to ruin it you prick. You just have to be a ****** mafia player and person too!
Old 05-21-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am with Grizz.

Unvote: No lynch

Vote: OSU

Bring something to the table and I will change my vote.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am far to cautious and calculating to just do some "off the handle" actions to get things going. I guess you'll just have to deal with it. I am, however, absolutely fine with watching others do so and being that guy that watches and comes up with a ton of possible theories.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
**** you ************!

I really did always feel that mafia was my safe haven. My place to be a dick and not be banned you ******* asshole. Way to ruin it you prick. You just have to be a ****** mafia player and person too!

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am with Grizz.

Unvote: No lynch

Vote: OSU

Bring something to the table and I will change my vote.
I think D is playing like a loose cannon and him making conclusions already and coming out as a townie unquestioned is a bit odd, and I think SP is acting odd when called out. Now what do you have to say about what's happened so far Gonzo?

Old 05-21-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
did Gonzo hack D's account. 6 people are automatically good in your eyes after just a few hours, Cain who said he was busy today is "laying low" and must be evil, broth agrees with vidae on one thing so they're aligned, I'm deflecting by trying to stur the pot and get something out of today and SP....well SP probs is evil so I'll give you that one, but still you're nuckin futs D. Drawing conclusions mid-way through day 1
If Gonzo hacked my account every forum name here would be Vikings related. lol.

Gonzo is very abrasive, but he is also one of the more unappreciated geniuses of this game. He gets people to talk and that is something that I have picked up on. His style is not gonna make him many friends but I like how fearlessly he plays the game. I also like to play a bold game.

I understand coming out as a townie rubs people the wrong way, but I'm being very bold and open here. Watch carefully to how people react to it. ...and yes, I think those 6 guys are good. Things change all the time though. You must have an idea of the number of guys in your head that you think is good or bad. If you have neither then you aren't trying to play the game.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I am far to cautious and calculating to just do some "off the handle" actions to get things going. I guess you'll just have to deal with it. I am, however, absolutely fine with watching others do so and being that guy that watches and comes up with a ton of possible theories.
I have no problem with you CJ. You don't complain about people and call them suspicious for playing a bit mad for the sake of generating discussion and putting heat on others. Carry on with your play style, I like it.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have no problem with you CJ. You don't complain about people and call them suspicious for playing a bit mad for the sake of generating discussion and putting heat on others. Carry on with your play style, I like it.
Seconded. Trogdor and Forenci played like this too. You guys don't post much but I know you are reading and critically thinking and you'll throw your hat in if you have something to say. I don't have any issues with that at all.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I get back from dinner and see this is going to be one of the most interesting day ones I've ever been a part of. We already have the quintessential mafia question needing to be answered, is D crazy or is D evil? We have Gonzo once again pulling out the "I like to change it up sometimes" line, the line he used to try and explain his evil behavior in the Sesame Street game. Then there's his feud with OSU, with Grizz quick to jump on Gonzo's side.

I'm normally a proponent of no-lynch on the first day, but I have a feeling that's not the way this day is going to end.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
**** you ************!

I guess I understand why people don't like Dr. Gonzo but I am going to get on my high horse and say you bastards just didn't get him. So ******* unique, I really feel this is one of the greatest SWDC posts to date. The raw energy and power in every word, every profanity, every insult just really resonated with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
If Gonzo hacked my account every forum name here would be Vikings related. lol.

Gonzo is very abrasive, but he is also one of the more unappreciated geniuses of this game. He gets people to talk and that is something that I have picked up on. His style is not gonna make him many friends but I like how fearlessly he plays the game. I also like to play a bold game.

I understand coming out as a townie rubs people the wrong way, but I'm being very bold and open here. Watch carefully to how people react to it. ...and yes, I think those 6 guys are good. Things change all the time though. You must have an idea of the number of guys in your head that you think is good or bad. If you have neither then you aren't trying to play the game.
A man out for my heart. You know I melt when complimented. It is the quickest way for me not to be suspicious of someone. My biggest weakness for sure. I think too many people seem to play for forum points with others and not to actually win. ******* dumb ass cool kids club. You guys are not ******* cool!

I tend to think we as a group are too reliant on night actions. They certainly play a big part in helping the town but I wish more people would go with their gut and not be afraid to lynch certain people. Look at last game with you almost being lynched over Vidae. ********. Also Cain who was clearly bad once again avoided a lynch because he is beloved. Well **** the Packers I say.

Quote:
I think D is playing like a loose cannon and him making conclusions already and coming out as a townie unquestioned is a bit odd, and I think SP is acting odd when called out. Now what do you have to say about what's happened so far Gonzo?
Broth, Vidae, and you is a nice list of people I will be keeping my eye on. Most votes so far are joke votes which is fine but won't help get this day moving. A few are putting some pressure on which I like. I think this will all end in a no lynch but I am happy lynching you right now for questioning my greatness and generally just saying a whole lot of nothing and deflecting.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the problem is having lurked for a number of games and observed that we have a lot of people like that here who are more analytical and think rather than act right away (maybe due to familiarity or age demographic etc, couldn't say). As it is I am still interested in watching who is flipping votes and why, I still have to say that I think D is legitimately trying out a new strategy, and the same for Gonzo too trying to use atypical play strategies to ellicit reactions like we saw from OSU. So at the moment quite frankly I am still torn, hence the no lynch earlier

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I guess I understand why people don't like Dr. Gonzo but I am going to get on my high horse and say you bastards just didn't get him. So ******* unique, I really feel this is one of the greatest SWDC posts to date. The raw energy and power in every word, every profanity, every insult just really resonated with me.
You sound like a judge on some cooking show.

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
So I get back from dinner and see this is going to be one of the most interesting day ones I've ever been a part of. We already have the quintessential mafia question needing to be answered, is D crazy or is D evil? We have Gonzo once again pulling out the "I like to change it up sometimes" line, the line he used to try and explain his evil behavior in the Sesame Street game. Then there's his feud with OSU, with Grizz quick to jump on Gonzo's side.

I'm normally a proponent of no-lynch on the first day, but I have a feeling that's not the way this day is going to end.
I'd like to think I change it up fairly often but I totally have used it to hide me being evil. I also try to hide being good that way so as to stay alive. Mostly though I just hate playing the same every time though as everyone can see I have trouble not playing like a ******* lunatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
The Master will be remembered as a masterpiece. Much like There Will Be Blood and much like Inherent Vice will be. Paul Thomas Anderson is our generations Stanley Kubrick. If you don't think Kurbick is the greatest director of all time I will pull a Vidae and do nothing but call only you suspicious and vote to lynch you.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We should play more into our characters.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by b316 View Post
We should play more into our characters.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:08 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'd like to think I change it up fairly often but I totally have used it to hide me being evil. I also try to hide being good that way so as to stay alive. Mostly though I just hate playing the same every time though as everyone can see I have trouble not playing like a ******* lunatic.

The Master will be remembered as a masterpiece. Much like There Will Be Blood and much like Inherent Vice will be. Paul Thomas Anderson is our generations Stanley Kubrick. If you don't think Kurbick is the greatest director of all time I will pull a Vidae and do nothing but call only you suspicious and vote to lynch you.
PTA is a genius, Boogie Nights, Punch-Drunk Love, TWBB and The Master were all incredible. Don't know if I'd call him our generations Kubrick though

Old 05-21-2013, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just saying;

Quote:
I see where you are coming from but I just wanted to change it up. Being Gonzo is fun as **** but it gets tiring dying early every damn game to be honest.
That being said, one of the things that tipped people off about you in that game was you being less of an asshole, which doesn't seem to be the case here. Just something to watch for.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 05-21-2013, 04:09 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
this was my exact reaction loooool.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonzo is evil, he is going ape ****.

D-unit is good cause well, I'm on the fence about him.

UKFan why are you not evil?

I still vote JR.

This isn't madness.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Also, yeah, that statement by b316 is quite interesting. Would be a pretty easy way to map out for the mafia who is who and guess out roles based on that.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 05-21-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Just saying;

That being said, one of the things that tipped people off about you in that game was you being less of an asshole, which doesn't seem to be the case here. Just something to watch for.
That is pretty much why I act like an asshole every game. I think it helps not just me but the town and if I am mafia at it does help me and **** the town. I would rather not be lynched one game while good just to prove that I don't always need to be an asshole, in fact I find it rather fun.
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b316 View Post
Gonzo is evil, he is going ape ****.

D-unit is good cause well, I'm on the fence about him.

UKFan why are you not evil?

I still vote JR.

This isn't madness.
This hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
couldn't see from my laptop, internet at work be blocking stuff.

looked on my phone.

a bit of both, a bit of both.
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to mention character hinting is against the rules.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote