Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 07-30-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it is kinda funny how all of this all leads to all that really matters is how he plays next year. I feel like a lot of people get bored and him being criticized in the media just kinda makes everyone assume he wont repeat what he did last year. All of this wont matter if he comes out and wins back to back heismans

I dont think he projects well to the pros, maybe teams might be concerned about his off the field stuff but really none of us do, we are just made to believe we do because the offseason is so ******* slow lol
Old 07-30-2013, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can you name a successful quarterback with "anger issues?" Who gets in fights and is known as a rowdy partier? There's a reason those guys rarely if ever pan out, and there's no need to be an apologist for them just because you like yourself a good time, too.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The first snap of the Rice game is going to bring an end to most of this nonsense.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
The first snap of the Rice game is going to bring an end to most of this nonsense.
Is he going to take it, or will he be "sick?"
Old 07-31-2013, 04:10 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Can you name a successful quarterback with "anger issues?" Who gets in fights and is known as a rowdy partier? There's a reason those guys rarely if ever pan out, and there's no need to be an apologist for them just because you like yourself a good time, too.
Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but I can think of a Super Bowl winning QB that's a rapist =P
Old 07-31-2013, 06:35 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
No it won't. What happens if A&M's season doesn't go quite as planned? Johnny has already shown he's going to resort to alcohol to deal with the stress.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So his parents are worried that he might wind up in jail, he has anger issues, alcohol abuse issues, went to therapy and ditched therapy.

But yeah, he's totally just being a 20 year old. No need for alarm here. Sounds like a franchise qb to me.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JFF is already one of my favorite football players ever. I'm not talking about his NFL potential or anything like that, he is just an unbelievable football player who came out of nowhere and dominated the SEC. I think he will have trouble duplicating last season's success, but I also believe he will get a hold of himself. These "issues" he keeps having seem correctable to me, and I think once the season starts everything will be fine. He just needs to get back on the football field. The kid went from a relative unknown to being one of the biggest names in sports in about 3 months, combine that with the grief he gets from people and I am not surprised that some of these things have happened. The aTm school newspaper wrote an article about how Manziel needs to leave after this season for Christ's sake.

I'm not saying he is the next Peyton Manning, but I think Johnny is going to be just fine. I'm definitely rooting for him.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:08 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
JFF is already one of my favorite football players ever. I'm not talking about his NFL potential or anything like that, he is just an unbelievable football player who came out of nowhere and dominated the SEC. I think he will have trouble duplicating last season's success, but I also believe he will get a hold of himself. These "issues" he keeps having seem correctable to me, and I think once the season starts everything will be fine. He just needs to get back on the football field. The kid went from a relative unknown to being one of the biggest names in sports in about 3 months, combine that with the grief he gets from people and I am not surprised that some of these things have happened. The aTm school newspaper wrote an article about how Manziel needs to leave after this season for Christ's sake.

I'm not saying he is the next Peyton Manning, but I think Johnny is going to be just fine. I'm definitely rooting for him.
Plus rep to you sir.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
So his parents are worried that he might wind up in jail, he has anger issues, alcohol abuse issues, went to therapy and ditched therapy.

But yeah, he's totally just being a 20 year old. No need for alarm here. Sounds like a franchise qb to me.

Damn his parents threw him under the bus.

Shut up dad.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Damn his parents threw him under the bus.

Shut up dad.
On a side note Mom and Dad will gladly accept the new house Johnny buys them after the draft.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
On a side note Mom and Dad will gladly accept the new house Johnny buys them after the draft.
They probably will, but they already have funny money.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I don't know how nice of a house a Day 3 pick can buy in comparison to the money his family already has.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty sure his parents have more money than Johnny will make, even if he is a late 1st round draft pick. Which he won't be.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's no way he can match the expectations set for him this season. Starting to kinda feel bad for the kid.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:47 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More fun...Getting probed now ...

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...ing-autographs

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he's ruled ineligible for this, I take back most of what I've said about Manziel not being somewhat douche-y and more than a little stupid.

You're parents are already wealthy and you're nickel and diming over getting paid for autographs??
So stupid.

Is it illegal to arrange to pay a player for autographs AFTER he's done playing college football??
Is that still considered 'payment' and a violation of NCAA rules??

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 08-04-2013 at 05:24 PM.
FUNBUNCHER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see a pattern developing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is ridiculous. I was one that actually has understood the partying portion of this kids career at 20 years old. Now this? I wasn't even this desperate in college to nickel and dime people for money, and this kid comes from a wealthy family

These College athletes complain about money. Yet, they get more than the average college student with a better head on their shoulders in terms of full rides throughout college , even yet they have nothing inside that head of theirs.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:52 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait till he's done with this season and becomes nothing in the NFL...so tired of him and the negative attention he attracts upon himself

Old 08-04-2013, 05:53 PM    (permalink
underscore
Veteran

underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.underscore is so money.

This guy is getting some very bad advice somewhere along the way.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:59 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
This guy is getting some very bad advice somewhere along the way.
I don't think he listens to anyone. His dad's public remarks would suggest that he's tried to help his son out, but the kid has gone down his own path and there's no telling where it might branch out to next.

Old 08-04-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If he's ruled ineligible for this, I take back most of what I've said about Manziel not being somewhat douche-y and more than a little stupid.

You're parents are already wealthy and you're nickel and diming over getting paid for autographs??
So stupid.

Is it illegal to arrange to pay a player for autographs AFTER he's done playing college football??
Yes, the article commented on that...it's considered "deferred compensation."
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

So stupid.

The bad publicity keeps racking up for him. This thing definitely seems like he got paid to sign autographs here.

I still remember when I was at OU and had a class with Sam Bradford, I went up and asked him to sign a couple pictures I took from the Red River Rivalry in 2008. Just to make him feel a little easier about it, I had him personalize everything. Sam's an incredibly good guy, always super friendly and relaxed.

I just feel Manziel is setting himself up to bomb this year and then completely devastating any possible future in the NFL.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

It just keeps going... and going... and going...