Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 08-06-2013, 10:11 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

If I'm spending a first round pick on a QB I want him to be at least 6'2".

Drew Brees is the rare exception.

And I wouldn't have picked Russell Wilson in the 1st round either. It's great that he worked out for Seattle so far, but time will tell how effective he is, and the Seahawks grabbed him in the *3rd* round. Not the 1st, not the 2nd, but the 3rd round.

And Wilson has 1000x the character and intangibles and work ethic of Manziel...
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:29 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you're being generous by calling Manziel a 3rd round pick to be honest. I wouldn't touch him until the 4th or 5th.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i seen an interesting johnny manziel comparison the other day, comparing johny to ty detmer. any takers?

Last edited by YAYareaRB : 08-06-2013 at 10:54 AM.
YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think you're being generous by calling Manziel a 3rd round pick to be honest. I wouldn't touch him until the 4th or 5th.
And that's if you really needed a system QB or back up to groom.
If I have an under 25(ish) QB who is doing good things, then I don't even know if I look at the headache that is Manziel.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
i seen an interesting johnny manziel comparison the other day, comparing johny to ty detmer. any takers?

i think its the best one, not many people like it though. I see their college and pro careers being damn near identical
Old 08-06-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post

Detmer was a GREAT college QB who had pocket presence and could scramble a little, but he was nowhere near Manziel's class in terms of raw athleticism and mobility, or IMO arm strength.

Ty Detmer has more in common with Kellen Moore than Manziel.
Johnny Football is more like FSU QB Charlie Ward, or Jake Plummer.

That BYU upset of Miami was one of the best games ever btw. Detmer was brilliant.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
If I'm spending a first round pick on a QB I want him to be at least 6'2".

Drew Brees is the rare exception.

And I wouldn't have picked Russell Wilson in the 1st round either. It's great that he worked out for Seattle so far, but time will tell how effective he is, and the Seahawks grabbed him in the *3rd* round. Not the 1st, not the 2nd, but the 3rd round.

And Wilson has 1000x the character and intangibles and work ethic of Manziel...
And at that there is a reason Drew Brees was not a first round pick. Now he is the exception to the rule, but even then teams didn't buy that. And Brees had nowhere near the character concerns that Manziel has now (much less say whatever crap he pulls between now and when he gets kicked out of school or enters the NFL Draft).
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Detmer was a GREAT college QB who had pocket presence and could scramble a little, but he was nowhere near Manziel's class in terms of raw athleticism and mobility, or IMO arm strength.

Ty Detmer has more in common with Kellen Moore than Manziel.
Johnny Football is more like FSU QB Charlie Ward, or Jake Plummer.

That BYU upset of Miami was one of the best games ever btw. Detmer was brilliant.
Please never mention Manziel and Charlie Ward in the same sentence again unless to show how little character Manziel has compared to Ward.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Please never mention Manziel and Charlie Ward in the same sentence again unless to show how little character Manziel has compared to Ward.
I think it's a maturity issue with Johnny not a character issue, there is a differance.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I think it's a maturity issue with Johnny not a character issue, there is a differance.
They were maturity issues that have become full fledged character issues at this point because no one has ever really bothered to punish him for his actions.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...aphing-helmets

So he got $7500 for his autographs. I know the normal NCAA policy is if he repays the money it's all good, but with the disgusting wealth his family has that is just absurd as most other players couldn't easily have Daddy write a check.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Way to go J-Football. Idiot.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

So he got $7500 for his autographs. I know the normal NCAA policy is if he repays the money it's all good, but with the disgusting wealth his family has that is just absurd as most other players couldn't easily have Daddy write a check.
I may be mistaken, but I don't think repaying the money reduces the suspension. AJ Green repayed his $1,000 to charity and still was suspended (link below). Also, I keep hearing how rich his family is. Just how rich are they and what do they do?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5585220

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Hope everyone reads this link.
Seems to be enough circumstantial evidence for the NCAA to suspend Manziel for at least part of the 2013 season, if not declaring him ineligible for the entire year.
Kid made a really stupid decision that makes no sense.

If this scenario plays out with Manziel on the losing end, he just went from being a coveted prospect by some teams to becoming a fringe pro prospect who'll be lucky to make some team's practice squad.

You get the sense from the ESPN article that Manziel KNEW he was breaking NCAA rules by accepting payment for signing all those autographs, but didn't give a sheet.

It's like the kid went into full meltdown mode after he won the Heisman. wtf??
Old 08-06-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I may be mistaken, but I don't think repaying the money reduces the suspension. AJ Green repayed his $1,000 to charity and still was suspended (link below). Also, I keep hearing how rich his family is. Just how rich are they and what do they do?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5585220
http://lubbockonline.com/stories/100...075-4584.shtml

This is his great uncle. So I am guessing they are old money, being Texas best guess would be oil or cattle.

Generally the NCAA reduces suspensions if money is paid back or donated to charity. But they are wildly inconsistent, USC players got in no trouble for this, but then Miami players got 1-6 game suspensions despite paying back. Given the blatant nature of the offense, it should be a 6+ game suspension if not an all out forfeiture of eligibility (like it basically was for Terrelle Pryor).

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/24/sp...=2&ref=sports&

Here is another article about his family. They are rich but they sound like a family full of pieces of **** to be honest.

Last edited by MassNole : 08-06-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hope everyone reads this link.
Seems to be enough circumstantial evidence for the NCAA to suspend Manziel for at least part of the 2013 season, if not declaring him ineligible for the entire year.
Kid made a really stupid decision that makes no sense.

If this scenario plays out with Manziel on the losing end, he just went from being a coveted prospect by some teams to becoming a fringe pro prospect who'll be lucky to make some team's practice squad.

You get the sense from the ESPN article that Manziel KNEW he was breaking NCAA rules by accepting payment for signing all those autographs, but didn't give a sheet.

It's like the kid went into full meltdown mode after he won the Heisman. wtf??
Can you imagine how big his head would get if he had any success in the NFL and was getting paid big bucks??

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 08-06-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah he's totally not a character concern prospect. Just a 20 year old being a 20 year old.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Can you imagine how big his head would get if he had any success in the NFL and was getting paid big bucks??
Could any NFL team, even one like the Raiders, honestly ever let him be the face of the franchise? This really isn't like he broke some stupid little rule and got a $50 handshake or a free bagel, he basically forfeited his amateur status by accepting money for his fame.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

It's becoming clear Manziel is one of those dudes who thinks he's smarter than everyone else, an attitude that always gets anyone into trouble eventually.

Guys like that think they can get away with whatever, I wonder how he'll react to a suspension from the NCAA??
Old 08-06-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's becoming clear Manziel is one of those dudes who thinks he's smarter than everyone else, an attitude that always gets anyone into trouble eventually.

Guys like that think they can get away with whatever, I wonder how he'll react to a suspension from the NCAA??
Probably threaten a lawsuit

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Probably threaten a lawsuit
Which would probably mark the first time everyone sided with the NCAA on an issue.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Better believe the good ole' boys on the A&M board won't let this go down easy though.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 08-06-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Better believe the good ole' boys on the A&M board won't let this go down easy though.
That school has a bigger cult mentality than BYU, it is scary.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My guess is A & M isn't going to need F. Lee Bailey to beat this one. Doesn't say much for what is going on in Maniel's head but come on guys this one is going to be a non story by week one.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Sounds like you have it out for him buddy or are a little jealous of his family's money. No need to cry because his family is well off.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote