Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 09-14-2013, 08:21 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Cal had a defense they would be a P12 darkhorse.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:17 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't compare Tebow and Manziel at all. Two different players - two different styles. Manziel is very accurate, elusive as both a runner in the open field and in back field running around buying time to create plays. Tebow was great at designed runs and bowling people over.

If anything compare Manziel and Vick. Manziel's play most mirrors that of Vick. After watching week 1 of the regular season so many of these offenses rely on the short passing game - Eagles/Redskins/Jets/Bills all come to mind and are all based on high the high percentage short passing game - giving the ball to skill position players in space. After watching Manziel today, can anyone honestly say that he would be any less effective than either Geno Smith or EJ Manuel?

The truth is that while he did some stupid things off the field on the field he is a total competitor - he did not give up and did everything to atone for the mistakes he made during the game by trying to rally his team back to victory. The A&M defense is not good - they were ineffective in stopping Bama.

The one comparison that is fair to make between Tebow and Manziel is that people just seem to have it out for him just like they did for Tebow but the funny thing is while Tebow got knocked for being a choir boy we have Manziel knocked for being a bit of a loose cannon (off the field).
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He looks a lot smaller to me than his actual playing weight. Strange. Anyways, the guy looks like a menace on the football field. Reminds me of Brett Favre a little.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:23 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His pocket presence is pretty sick, he's just got a great feel and sense for pressure and he manuevers around back there beautifully. He's extremely fun to watch play though, can't wait to see what LSU does against him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't give a **** if he ever plays a down in the NFL. **** the NFL. It's so boring.

This kid is one of the most unique, exciting, and best college quarterbacks that have ever played...and he's only a few games into his redshirt sophomore season.

Just take the time to enjoy players like this and stop worrying about whether he fits into the mold of what the boring ass NFL wants in their quarterbacks. I'll watch Johnny Football 10 times out of 10 over the NFL's Sam Bradford's and Christian Ponder's.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
I don't give a **** if he ever plays a down in the NFL. **** the NFL. It's so boring.

This kid is one of the most unique, exciting, and best college quarterbacks that have ever played...and he's only a few games into his redshirt sophomore season.

Just take the time to enjoy players like this and stop worrying about whether he fits into the mold of what the boring ass NFL wants in their quarterbacks. I'll watch Johnny Football 10 times out of 10 over the NFL's Sam Bradford's and Christian Ponder's.
This is a NFL draft site, not a college one. I love college football but that is for another site.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:32 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be shocked if NFL teams don't take him high in the first round. He's a smaller version of Ben Roethlisberger. More athletic and more likely to scramble for an occasional 20 yard gain, but he's an instinctive QB playing back yard football. He's a winner and the type of enthusiastic on-field leader that inspires teammates. His arm is a lot better than most people give credit for. He has good accuracy. He's as dynamic as it gets for QBs.

He is unconventional. A team has to embrace that aspect of his game. He's a little wild and little reckless. Most of the time it turns into huge plays. Sometimes it will turn into turnovers, but there will be more positives then negatives. He has a phenomenal presence on the field. He has great awareness and poise in the pocket. He's not perfect, but unique. You can't expect him to make one timing throw after another. You have to let him scramble and make plays when things break down.

I think he's going to be the most talented player in the draft. I think a lot of teams are going to struggle keeping their jaw from hitting the floor when they scout him. He's just too talented and plays too important of a position to not be sought after. If he didn't have character concerns, then there isn't even a debate. He'd be going #1 overall. He's amazing. I hate the kid I see off the field, but he's the best player in college football. And his game does translate to the next level. Talent wise I put him up there with Andrew Luck, Matthew Stafford and other highly regarded, clear cut #1 prospects. He's legit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 09-24-2013 at 05:36 AM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
fatso
Rookie

fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
I would be shocked if NFL teams don't take him high in the first round. He's a smaller version of Ben Roethlisberger. More athletic and more likely to scramble for an occasional 20 yard gain, but he's an instinctive QB playing back yard football. He's a winner and the type of enthusiastic on-field leader that inspires teammates. His arm is a lot better than most people give credit for. He has good accuracy. He's as dynamic as it gets for QBs.

He is unconventional. A team has to embrace that aspect of his game. He's a little wild and little reckless. Most of the time it turns into huge plays. Sometimes it will turn into turnovers, but there will be more positives then negatives. He has a phenomenal presence on the field. He has great awareness and poise in the pocket. He's not perfect, but unique. You can't expect him to make one timing throw after another. You have to let him scramble and make plays when things break down.

I think he's going to be the most talented player in the draft. I think a lot of teams are going to struggle keeping their jaw from hitting the floor when they scout him. He's just too talented and plays too important of a position to not be sought after. If he didn't have character concerns, then there isn't even a debate. He'd be going #1 overall. He's amazing. I hate the kid I see off the field, but he's the best player in college football. And his game does translate to the next level. Talent wise I put him up there with Andrew Luck, Matthew Stafford and other highly regarded, clear cut #1 prospects. He's legit.
Most people will gasp at the Roethlisberger comparison but I see it completely and applaud you for going there. The way both of them are able to buy time (while in different ways)is a rare, underrated trait.
fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do get the Roethlisberger comparison but there are other smaller QBs that his style of play reminds me of - Flutie, Russell Wilson and Tarkenton who had an eerily similar playing style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auZY7RByfmg

For all of those who say that it is not an apt comparison due to the today's game being full of athletes compared to back then - I call B.S. because Manziel is doing it against the conference that is essentially the feeder system for NFL defenses - the SEC.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post

That's like saying "I'll take Colin Kaepernick over some MAC teams QB any day!!"

Why choose bad QB's to compare Manziel to?

Anyway, not a fan of his as an NFL prospect but you can definitely do worse. Wouldn't draft him with the intention to build my team around him though.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatso View Post
Most people will gasp at the Roethlisberger comparison but I see it completely and applaud you for going there. The way both of them are able to buy time (while in different ways)is a rare, underrated trait.
I can see the Roethlisberger comparison based on them on the field. However Ben is way bigger and thicker and has a much better arm. Ben is a nightmare to bring down but isn't a runner at all.

Quote:
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:19 PM    (permalink
fatso
Rookie

fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I can see the Roethlisberger comparison based on them on the field. However Ben is way bigger and thicker and has a much better arm. Ben is a nightmare to bring down but isn't a runner at all.
Exactly why most people would gasp at the comparison.
fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I love watching him play, but I also remember that Colt McCoy was a beast at Texas too
I am not sure if you think Colt McCoy and Johnny Football go to the same school or not, but if you do, get out.

That said, his game is 1000x better than Cart McCry's.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:49 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatso View Post
Exactly why most people would gasp at the comparison.
I don't like to compare players and I'm obviously not saying Manziel has the size and arm strength of Roethlisberger (I'd be borderline ******** to suggest that).

But their style and instinctive play is almost identical. Their approach to the game is the same. And the things they can do in and outside of the pocket. They both feed off of broken plays, buying time and allowing receivers to work the field after extending a play for 6 or 8 seconds. They have that backyard style of football. It's unique. No other QB has ever played the game like Roethlisberger has, and no one has done it successfully.

But Manziel has the same style. And he's been successful in turning the Texas A&M program into a championship caliber team. I have no idea how he can have four defensive players bearing down on him after running around for 10 seconds and keep his eyes down field for a completion before taking a hit. His poise and confidence is unreal for a college player. It wouldn't be Manziel's lack of talent, size or arm strength that prevents him from becoming a great pro... It would be his maturity or off field decision making. An NFL team has to embrace that style of play. They can't attempt to contain him inside the pocket and force him to be traditional.

Todd Haley has ruined Roethlisberger because he's forcing him to sit in the pocket and make timing throws to 5'9'' receivers. That's not his game. Haley is taking away from all his strengths and magnifying all his weaknesses. Big Ben holds the ball for too long, takes some sacks that he shouldn't, fumbles the ball away because he's trying to extend plays, but he also kills defenses with huge plays time and time again. He's won two rings with two of the worst offensive lines any team has ever boasted in a Super Bowl. And it's because he was able to break tackles, avoid sacks, buy time and create huge plays in the passing game. He makes players around him better.

That's Manziel' game. I'm a huge fan of Roethlisberger. There's no reason why I wouldn't feel the same way about Johnny Football. It's just a little different and a little more risky with a smaller QB who doesn't have as strong of an arm. And potentially far worse character concerns, which is kinda saying something. But talent wise, Johnny Manziel is the best prospect in this draft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 09-24-2013 at 10:58 PM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:12 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I am not sure if you think Colt McCoy and Johnny Football go to the same school or not, but if you do, get out.

That said, his game is 1000x better than Cart McCry's.

LOL. Come dude.

I remember Colt for the Longhorns could scramble a little bit and make WTF plays downfield with his arm.

I really thought he was in the Jeff Garcia mold and would excel in the pros.

Just because one player failed doesn't mean the next will too. Manziel is his own man and McCoy didn't play the game anywhere near the level of Johnny Football.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Blawbert
Rookie

Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manziel scares me in the first round.
Blawbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blawbert View Post
Manziel scares me in the first round.
Not in the CFL Draft....
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mccoy was good but not close to manziel. And he got drafted round 3

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
That's Manziel' game. I'm a huge fan of Roethlisberger. There's no reason why I wouldn't feel the same way about Johnny Football. It's just a little different and a little more risky with a smaller QB who doesn't have as strong of an arm. And potentially far worse character concerns, which is kinda saying something. But talent wise, Johnny Manziel is the best prospect in this draft.
That's some pretty good perspective. Similar to how I feel about him as an NFL player.

Ultimately, I probably wouldn't take him high the first round though, even if he deserves to be taken there. The upside is immense, but there's a very real chance that his game doesn't translate. One of the reasons Roethlisberger has been able to get away with playing that way over the years is his size. It really seems like his body is made of different stuff than everyone else sometimes. It's not just that he can take a beating. Loads of guys can do that. He literally has things broken and just plays through it. The game against Cleveland where he had his ankle snapped and played right through it is one of the most impressive things I've ever seen on a football field. If you're going to play that way, hits like that are a reality. I'm just not sure anyone besides Roethlisberger can take it. The one thing Manziel has going for him there is his footspeed, which will probably let him be more effective at dodging bad situations, but all it takes is a single play.

His arm also concerns me. If you just look at it in a vacuum, it's certainly strong enough to be an effective NFL quarterback. I'm not sure it's strong enough for the type of player he is. A lot of those spectacular plays may turn into interceptions. We've seen it a bit at times in college already.

That's not even getting into character. That road is well traveled though, not even worth discussing. It's impossible to deny that he has something special to his game though. Throwing all the tangible elements of scouting, he simply sees the field and does things in a way other guys cannot.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manziel's ability to scramble is going to be a huge asset at the next level. I don't see him as a read option guy per se because he runs the risk of injury if he goes that route but behind the line of scrimmage he'll be a nightmare for defenses.

The usual comparisons to guys like Tarkenton and Flutie are easy to make but in terms of todays player i'd probably have to go with Russell Wilson. The arm might be a tad weaker but he's probably more elusive than Wilson.

It's probably not even worth slotting him among other QBs in this draft because we pretty much know for sure that some team will take a flier on him fairly early. If guys like Gabbert, Ponder and Sanchez can all go in the top dozen picks so can JFF.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched that ESPN special about the Mannings and you know whose game is eerily similar to Manziel's??

ARCHIE MANNING.

My God that dude was a ridiculously athletic QB at Ole Miss.

It's kind of strange to see how conventional his sons play the position despite the fact that Dad was totally shake-and-bake.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be scared to draft Manziel in the late first round at all. The Broncos used a late first rounder on Tim Tebow. They don't seem to be hurting for talent a few years later. Manziel in the top 15 would give me pause. Late in the first wouldn't scare me at all. Low risk move if you ask me.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Blawbert
Rookie

Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blawbert is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Not in the CFL Draft....
Is he Canadian? as far as I know only Canadian born players are eligible.
Blawbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:48 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I wouldn't be scared to draft Manziel in the late first round at all. The Broncos used a late first rounder on Tim Tebow. They don't seem to be hurting for talent a few years later. Manziel in the top 15 would give me pause. Late in the first wouldn't scare me at all. Low risk move if you ask me.

I agree with this. Not only that, but it's different with todays offenses, how teams are molding their offense to look like a College offense, running a bunch of shotgun formations and no huddle, spreading the field, etc. I think they'll do all this things for Manziel when he gets drafted and if you get some speed on the field with some play-makers.

I haven't read through this whole thread, but I have no doubt in my mind that he'd be a stud if the Eagles drafted him. He doesn't have to run the read option, he just needs to be safe about the careless hits he exposes himself too.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Kyle472
Rookie

Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Texans will draft him.
Kyle472 is offline   Reply With Quote