Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-08-2014, 08:01 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I don't necessarily disagree with your points but you didn't exactly address the main focus of your post. I think Manziel will be the better pro. I can accept that others feel differently. However, I think it's hyperbole to say Bridgewater is some significantly higher rated prospect. I'm reading lots of reports that just don't see Bridgewater as a #1 pick. Good arm but not great. Good accuracy but not great. Good mobility but not great. Hes a good QB prospect but hes not a luck or Newton, for that matter.
It was probably wrong to say that the majority feel that he's a much better prospect. That was more my opinion and I'll admit that there are quite a few people who don't think there's a huge gap between them. I just feel that Bridgewater is a superior prospect in the areas that I put the most emphasis on when scouting QBs. I'm definitely taking a pretty conservative stance on Manziel at this point but I hope I'm wrong because I'd love to see him making circus plays in the NFL. I'd just hate to be the GM who has to decide whether or not to take him in the top 10. If you're wrong either way I feel like people are going to act like it was obvious he was going to succeed/fail.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredder View Post
It was probably wrong to say that the majority feel that he's a much better prospect. That was more my opinion and I'll admit that there are quite a few people who don't think there's a huge gap between them. I just feel that Bridgewater is a superior prospect in the areas that I put the most emphasis on when scouting QBs. I'm definitely taking a pretty conservative stance on Manziel at this point but I hope I'm wrong because I'd love to see him making circus plays in the NFL. I'd just hate to be the GM who has to decide whether or not to take him in the top 10.
Fair enough.

Quote:
If you're wrong either way I feel like people are going to act like it was obvious he was going to succeed/fail.
I fully admit that I have no idea which of this crop will be good, bad or mediocre.

What I do know is that he was the most electric college player in a generation and has the potential to absolutely ignite a franchise. And let's not forget the competition that he did it against

And I think a team like Cleveland could be a great fit. Not much outside of football to be a distraction. A decent QB on board as a backstop in case he struggles early. Of course, who the coach is is a major wildcard.

I also think the Vikings could be really dangerous with manziel s skill set.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:39 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Why not keep Hoyer and also draft a talented QB early? Cleveland would be better off having a 'QB controversy' than putting all their eggs in having only one potential long term starter on the roster.
If you have two quarterbacks, you have none.

First off, drafting any QB in the first will signal that they're going to start. Period. Hoyer hasn't been established firmly as the starter yet, and especially if they get Manziel or Bridgewater, the draftee will be looked at as an instant starter.

Second, you have more needs than people understand. Your only good receiver is Gordon. You have Cameron and no one else besides him. No RB, no true FB, your center is going to leave, your right guard is a revolving door, and your right tackle struggled. You have lots of issues to answer on the offensive side right now, and taking someone like Watkins at 4 would go a long way to helping find those answers.

Third, I truly believe having a QB named starter immediately after the draft is more beneficial than holding yet another competition. Give Hoyer his shot. The only QB I think you can draft at 4 is Bridgewater if he somehow falls to there. Manziel (and for that matter, Bortles) is suddenly a savior. I don't follow how that works.

I understand what you're saying, but I'd like to have some certainty at the position for once, and not another project.
twiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:40 PM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.twiz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dont believe this for one minute. Prove it.

First, define MUCH better. What does that mean? I do not believe that most talent evaluators believe he is a MUCH better prospect than manziel. I can accept that some think he's a better prospect. But MUCH better? Not buying it.

Daniel Jeremiah as stated in the tweet I posted, manziel clearly has the most upside.
That's nice. Give him to someone that can use that potential.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:07 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The hope is a Brees/Rivers situation. Hoyer

Hoyer looked good but he is a 28 year old journeyman QB who only played 2 games last year. Hoyer is not certain in anyway. No new coach is going to come in and settle for Hoyer when the coach can get fired for 1 bad year. A new coach will no doubt want a new QB to start with.

Drafting a legit QB makes all those other issues much less important. Waiting to draft a QB until the offense is all set up won't happen. Getting the QB is more important. Settling on Hoyer just isn't a great strategy. At least try for a QB and if he fails the new rookie contracts aren't as damning as before.

I don't think the offense is as bleak as you picture it. Gordon is playing elite football and Cameron is exceptional as well. Those two are better than the weapons on a bunch of teams. Finding a RB isn't as simple as some act but it isn't impossible.

I know another QB competition doesn't sound great, but just rolling with Hoyer is not a sound move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:22 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so torn. I love Watkins to death and think it would be dumb to pass on given the fact we desperately need another threat. But once you take him, who will be available at quarterback?

Seriously, I'm freaking out so bad at the gross incompetence at our front offie that they trade up to 2 for Manziel or something and completely embarrass themselves.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:26 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no issue with Manziel getting drafted early. I do think if he was drafted by someone like the Browns to let Hoyer start for a year or two as long as he is healthy. I wish teams would pump the breaks on starting rookie QBs though.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manziel is a force of nature. Good luck drafting him to sit for a year lol
Old 01-08-2014, 10:49 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manziel will freaking bust .. He's gonna get hit once and be done ..
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:53 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fair enough.

I fully admit that I have no idea which of this crop will be good, bad or mediocre.

What I do know is that he was the most electric college player in a generation and has the potential to absolutely ignite a franchise. And let's not forget the competition that he did it against

And I think a team like Cleveland could be a great fit. Not much outside of football to be a distraction. A decent QB on board as a backstop in case he struggles early. Of course, who the coach is is a major wildcard.

I also think the Vikings could be really dangerous with manziel s skill set.
Manziel was electrifying but he wasn't up to par with Reggie Bush, who IMO is an easy #1 for most electric of the generation.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:02 PM    (permalink
fredder
Veteran

fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fredder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Manziel was electrifying but he wasn't up to par with Reggie Bush, who IMO is an easy #1 for most electric of the generation.
Vince Young was at least close to Bush and Manziel. This is coming from a USC fan.
fredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Scouting report:

Size is major question mark.
Played behind one of the better lines in the country.
Not much upside. What you see is what you get.

That was a pre draft scouting report on Russell Wilson.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:16 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
So he didn't get hit in the SEC? News to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:28 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredder View Post
Vince Young was at least close to Bush and Manziel. This is coming from a USC fan.
Amazing what VY could do while being functionally ret4rded.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Amazing what VY could do while being functionally ret4rded.
I really think Vince was just ahead of his time. If he came up in the draft today, they'd make much better use of his talent. Just had the misfortune to get drafted by a HC who wasn't too creative and he lost his will to play. Or maybe, it just went to his head and like Russell, he didn't work hard at his trade???
Old 01-09-2014, 12:03 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I really think Vince was just ahead of his time. If he came up in the draft today, they'd make much better use of his talent. Just had the misfortune to get drafted by a HC who wasn't too creative and he lost his will to play. Or maybe, it just went to his head and like Russell, he didn't work hard at his trade???
This is about right. Vince only has his self to blame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:27 AM    (permalink
twiz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Scouting report:

They also play completely different styles.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:12 AM    (permalink
Jango
Rookie

Jango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJango is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Does anyone here have an idea of where would be the best place for Manziel to go to?

Not where he ends up, whether it's top 5/10/20/Round 2 etc, but which team, with the coaches and pieces around it, give Manziel the best opportunity to succeed.

As we know, sometime it's the situation that matters a lot more, especially in the formative years of a QB's development, especially someone like Johnny, who may be considered a bit raw but has unbelievable upside.
Jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:08 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Scouting report:

This is kind of interesting, and is something I was thinking about recently. His second-year numbers are almost identical to his rookie numbers, and he plays almost exactly the same style of football as he did at Wisconsin. So on the one hand, you don't usually want to hear the a prospect can't improve, but on the other, he basically came in and established himself as a top-10 starter his rookie year.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:51 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiz View Post
Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers - both probably HOF
Drew Brees/Phillip Rivers - 1 HOF 1 stud
Mike Vick/Nick Foles - Both starters in the NFL
Tom Brady/Ryan Mallet - 1 HOF 1 in waiting
Joe Montana/Steve Young - 2 HOF

The list goes on and on, some are better examples than others.

The Browns are going into this offseason with one of two mind sets, they are as follows.

1.) Hoyer is the guy and they have their full confidence in him. This off-season they will add a #2 and #3 receiver while cutting Little/Bess and shoring up the offensive line in the process. Browns should either take Watkins/Matthews/Clowney in this situation... I think if we move back to 4-3 Clowney and Sheard would be devastating.

2.) They are unsure of Hoyer but believe he can possibly start in this league. Haslam and co. believe that Manziel can ignite a franchise the way this city hasn't been ignited by one player and also believe he can start in this league. They draft Johnny Manziel/Bortles 4th overall or trade up to 2 and let Hoyer get a chance to show his stuff while Manziel learns the playbook etc.

The best situation the Browns hope for his Brees/Rivers with their qbs. At worst, they hope one of the two pan out to be their guy for the next 5-10 years etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
VY was good he was just mentally unstable and didn't put the work forth. If he had Tebow's competitiveness and was willing to learn he would have been good.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF

Last edited by PoopSandwich : 01-09-2014 at 06:54 AM.
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:32 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moving back to the 4-3 and getting Clowney would be good....but that also means we spent all that money on Bryant, Kruger, and drafted Mingo really high and those guys all are more valuable to us in an odd front. We don't need Taylor, Bryant, Rubin, Winn, Hughes, and Kitchen at DT if we're running a 4 man front. Sheard works at DE in a 4-3, but Kruger is best a strongside OLB in a 3-4 and Mingo as a pass rushing outside linebacker. It'd be like saying we ****** up last offseason, sorry about spending all that cash and not committing to a particular kind of defense.

Clowney/Kruger - Taylor/Rubin - Bryant/Winn - Sheard/Mingo would be the **** though up front.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:37 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clowney could play on a 34 line...imagine the stunts with clowney and mingo
Old 01-09-2014, 08:38 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiz View Post
Oh really? So the Chargers had none when they had both Brees and Rivers? The Packers had none when they had Favre and Rodgers? I could go on.

Having two QBs means you have two QBs. The Browns would be, well, the Browns if they go into next season with Hoyer and no other potential starting quality QB.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Disagree...

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:09 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Oh really? So the Chargers had none when they had both Brees and Rivers? The Packers had none when they had Favre and Rodgers? I could go on.

Having two QBs means you have two QBs. The Browns would be, well, the Browns if they go into next season with Hoyer and no other potential starting quality QB.
Honestly this is the biggest Browns move since the rebuild.

2004 draft - Oh we have Jeff Garcia on the roster why would we need to draft Ben Roethlisberger.

2005 draft - Oh we have TRENT DILFER on the roster at QB why would we need to draft Aaron Rodgers. Drafts Charlie Frye instead.

2006 draft - Oh we have Charlie Frye on the roster we must give him time with K2 and Edwards, why would we try to move up and draft Jay Cutler? Trade back 1 spot with Baltimore to net a 6th, let them take Ngata, draft Wimbley. Classic Browns blunder.

2007 draft - Oh we have Charlie Frye on the roster, we will draft Bro Thomas early, then actually be aggressive and try to trade up and get Brady Quinn!!! We are saved.

2008 draft - No picks

2009 draft - Dodged a bullet by not picking Mark Sanchez - netted the worst value ever moving down 12 spots. I hate you Cleveland.

2010 draft - drafted Colt in the 3rd.

2011 draft - **** drafting Julio Jones, we must let our QB's play with no weapons and draft Weeden with the extra pick we net next year.

2012 draft - Grandpa Weeden welcome to Cleveland.

2013 draft - All qbs suck.

2014 draft - Finally in position to get one of the top 3 signal callers in the draft. Watch someone make a move to #2 for Manziel, #3 Bortles will go, and we will draft Carr and proclaim he was who we wanted all along and you will hear "leaks" that he was #1 on our draft boards all along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Moving back to the 4-3 and getting Clowney would be good....but that also means we spent all that money on Bryant, Kruger, and drafted Mingo really high and those guys all are more valuable to us in an odd front. We don't need Taylor, Bryant, Rubin, Winn, Hughes, and Kitchen at DT if we're running a 4 man front. Sheard works at DE in a 4-3, but Kruger is best a strongside OLB in a 3-4 and Mingo as a pass rushing outside linebacker. It'd be like saying we ****** up last offseason, sorry about spending all that cash and not committing to a particular kind of defense.

Clowney/Kruger - Taylor/Rubin - Bryant/Winn - Sheard/Mingo would be the **** though up front.
Clowney is good but I wouldn't really want to do this, we would be left without a linebacking corps at all... I think Kruger and Sheard could be 4-3 ends and our interior line would be beast mode. The problem is if we want to do this, we need to get linebackers in FA or teach Mingo how to play linebacker in a 4-3 and have him BULK UP, HE WEIGHS 15 POUNDS.

Also we would need to keep D'Qwell on board, then it really wouldn't be that bad... I think he's worth the 4 million roster bonus.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote