Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-09-2014, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiz View Post
They would battle it out. You know damn well the media, the fans, and most importantly the front office would be clamoring for Manziel (or Bortles) the entire preseason, and during the season if the coaching staff starts Hoyer. Would the smart thing be to draft a QB and sit them behind Hoyer? Yes. Would that happen? Not a chance. Not only is Hoyer seemingly awful and I don't know it, you're passing up on other instant starters to select a QB. I don't see what's wrong with picking Mettenberger or Garroppolo later in the third or so .

1. Save yourself a headache;
2. Develop a guy for possibly more than one season if Hoyer is the real deal;
3. Give Hoyer a fair shot by declaring him the starter early;
4. Add talent that can start right away at 4th overall.

I feel like Hoyer's been thrown out with the old bathwater, and he will be if there's a QB at 4. I mean, we're acting as if you HAVE to draft a QB in the first for him to be successful. Kaepernick (2), Wilson (3), Brady (6), Brees (2), Foles (3) and Dalton (2) make a half of playoff QB's this season. HALF. The only prospects you should place urgency on are the elite ones, and that's only Bridgewater this year for QB's. He's the only one people can agree on as a top 5 prospect. Otherwise, unless your board says otherwise for some reason, there's no reason to reach on someone that might not be the answer. And if you do take a guy that high, be prepared to suffer the consequences from it, both on and off the field, should it not pan out.
Manziel has just two seasons of college experience. I don' t think you want him starting anywhere right out the gate. If he goes to the Browns at 4 its because of his upside. If Hoyer wins games he' ll stay the starter for the short term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm beginning to think Cleveland won't have to worry about it. I think regardless of who Houston picks, someone may offer a ton to St. Louis to move up or jax or oak will take him.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:14 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I'm beginning to think Cleveland won't have to worry about it. I think regardless of who Houston picks, someone may offer a ton to St. Louis to move up or jax or oak will take him.
We pick 4th, ahead of Oakland.

I'm starting to think we will be the team to move up to 2 to secure him.

By May he will be out of the first round and this will be an ancient discussion. I love draft season.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this talk of manziel not starting over someone like hoyer is a little ridiculous. The only way manziel isn't starting next year is if he gets into off field trouble or gets injured. If guys like Gabbert, tannehill, and locker found their way into a starting role year 1, I don't see how a franchise keeps Johnny on the bench.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:32 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why isn't Tebow starting over Hoyer ? Cleveland could have brought in him for even cheaper and not even wasted a draft pick. That's beyond me pff.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:06 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the key for Manziel will be the front office and team culture that he ends up in, that will have a huge bearing on his development in the NFL.

I think he ideally needs a strong, experienced coach to help his maturation and development.

My concern with the Browns interest in Manziel is that it that it could be another Synder/RG3 situtation.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gil Brandt at Nfl.com has Manziel rated as his number 1 player. Not sure what to think about that.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Gil Brandt at Nfl.com has Manziel rated as his number 1 player. Not sure what to think about that.
Mel Kiper has him going first overall in his first mock draft of the year. Not sure what I think about that. I think he's great, but first overall?
Old 01-15-2014, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:30 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do they pay Mel Kiper now to just make crazy ass predictions?
Old 01-15-2014, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO, only Manziel and Bridgewater are candidates to be #1. Maybe Clowney if O'Brien thinks he can make a Mccarron type a stud QB.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:34 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
I mean, we're all buzzing. If it would have been Teddy, we all nod and go along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:46 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
I'm kind of suspicious that Kiper isn't being crazy like a fox in setting up the "Manziel is falling down draft boards" narrative later in the process. Somebody will still probably bite fairly early on, but nowhere near as high as Kiper is saying.

Personally, I'm not a fan of Manziel. I just don't see a lot of that improvisational stuff working out for a guy his size against NFL athletes (Roethlisberger pulls it off in part because Ben is huge.)
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:11 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
I think this talk of manziel not starting over someone like hoyer is a little ridiculous. The only way manziel isn't starting next year is if he gets into off field trouble or gets injured. If guys like Gabbert, tannehill, and locker found their way into a starting role year 1, I don't see how a franchise keeps Johnny on the bench.
Especially since his style of play leads to an easy transition and probably a ton of big plays. Then again Chud did some great work with Cam Newton and incorporated some really nice concepts in their offense to highlight his strengths and make the transition easier, so too bad the Brownies threw away what was a good fit. I question his ability to drive the ball in Cleveland in December, but I've always felt that way about QB's who play outside in cities like Cleveland and the Jets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:50 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Locker didnt start as a rookie
Old 01-15-2014, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I'm kind of suspicious that Kiper isn't being crazy like a fox in setting up the "Manziel is falling down draft boards" narrative later in the process. Somebody will still probably bite fairly early on, but nowhere near as high as Kiper is saying.

Personally, I'm not a fan of Manziel. I just don't see a lot of that improvisational stuff working out for a guy his size against NFL athletes (Roethlisberger pulls it off in part because Ben is huge.)
Works for Russell Wilson.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Locker didnt start as a rookie
And Gabbert only started because Garrard was a double agent to start the season and Del Rio was recklessly trying to salvage his job.

While Tannehill was roughly running the same offense he had at A&M.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:28 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Works for Russell Wilson.
Wilson's mechanics are much better than Manziel's. I'm talking about specifically the "when the play breaks down stuff" which is Manziel's bread and butter and where he shines. I don't think that's going to translate very well given his frame.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was definitely among the biggest naysayers of manziel this time last year but I dunno I think a year of him keeping his nose clean and continuing his crazy production on the field has got me thinking he may actually be a viable starter in the nfl. I mean I'm sure his attitude still sucks, but so does rg3 and cam's so I don't think it's that big of a deal as long as he plays like a madman which he is certainly capable of doing. I used to despise the guy but now I'm kind of rooting for him to do well, it's hard to explain.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
Wilson's mechanics are much better than Manziel's. I'm talking about specifically the "when the play breaks down stuff" which is Manziel's bread and butter and where he shines. I don't think that's going to translate very well given his frame.
When you're forced to scramble and throw on the run it's near impossible to have great mechanics.

The guy who Manziel compares to more when the play breaks down ironically is Teddy Bridgewater. Teddy throws from all differant angles when on the run.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:18 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The most important aspect of making throws outside the pocket is having your shoulders square to the target you're aiming for, which Wilson does phenomenally well.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:33 AM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The improv stat is funny to me because it's the result of an unintended situation. It will be Manziel's ability to execute specifically within a professional offense that will determine his success in the pros, and no NFL team designs plays to break down because their QB excels at improvising.

Johnny's biggest asset to a franchise is/will be marketing based, at least initially. It's up to front offices to decide where it's worth taking him based on that as a starting point. The most interesting thing to me is how much he'll be protected/hidden within his system in year one, since his strongest attribute is seemingly to take the snap and make a play. No team will simply give him the keys but they're going to have to plan on being creative in order to maximize his strengths.

The comparison to Wilson is too easy because of size. No one is sure Manziel will play such mistake-free, mature football in the pros. Wilson had that going for him with athletic ability to boot, so they're pretty different prospects IMO. Wilson, to be bold, was more or less the death of the size-restricted prospect and poster child for endorsers of someone like Manziel's stock now and in the future. But to relate their on-field games at this point of the process and projecting it to similar on-field/team success isn't fair.

Last edited by GaMeTiMe : 01-17-2014 at 02:57 AM.
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:27 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This play/throw above any others I've seen gives me confidence that Johnanthan Football can win from the pocket in the pros.

Old 01-17-2014, 07:43 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
This play/throw above any others I've seen gives me confidence that Johnanthan Football can win from the pocket in the pros.

10/10 That ball gets picked in the NFL...

And that was the cleanest pocket possibly ever.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:41 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
10/10 That ball gets picked in the NFL...

And that was the cleanest pocket possibly ever.

Not if an NFL defense played that possession as poorly as Vanderbilt(?) did.
Manziel threw over the LB and hit his WR at the back of the endzone.
Right read, right throw.