Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-26-2014, 11:24 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Bird View Post
Good post. Going into this season, I wasn't a Manziel guy. I didn't see the 2012 Johnny Manziel translating well to the NFL. He's my top Qb in this class.

If you Google "Bill Walsh evaluating QB," there's a page that contains how Walsh evaluates the QB (along with a link to his evaluation of other positions). Can't yet post links.

He's not 6'3, but other than that, Manziel fits Walsh's QB criteria as well as any QB prospect. I appreciate that different people have different criteria for the position, but I like Walsh's.
I was kind of the same way. I didn't think 2012 Manziel would translate well, so much scrambling, etc.

2013 is proving to be a better passer, but I still question that decision making of his. I think sometimes he trusts his arm too much, and he doesn't even have a top notch arm to sling it in places. Is it good? Yeah, but I just wonder if he'll get into trouble to start his career trying to force throws that aren't there.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Stifler
Rookie

Stifler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

His anticipation and ball placement are remarkable.
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:31 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowboys should trade Tony Romo for Johnny Manziel. Would a team even take that offer? I have major doubts about that.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:12 AM    (permalink
E_Bird
Veteran

E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
I was kind of the same way. I didn't think 2012 Manziel would translate well, so much scrambling, etc.

2013 is proving to be a better passer, but I still question that decision making of his. I think sometimes he trusts his arm too much, and he doesn't even have a top notch arm to sling it in places. Is it good? Yeah, but I just wonder if he'll get into trouble to start his career trying to force throws that aren't there.
Think you have to keep in mind that he was playing in the SEC with one of the worst D's in college football. A punt was almost as bad as a TO for that team. I think he's a smart kid and a great competitor. He'll turnover the ball more than you'd like in his rookie year, but I expect him to make the necessary adjustments as his career progresses.
E_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:09 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manziel is going to Cleveland, here is my reasoning.

At the end of last year we had the J offense.

QB - JASON Campbell
WR - JOSH Gordon
WR - JOSH Cooper
TE - JORDAN Cameron
LT - JOE Thomas
LG - JOHN Greco

That is an offense that maintains an over 50% first name J ratio, and with JIMMY Haslam as the owner running Pilot's Flying J it is imperative that they replace JASON Campbell with JOHNNY Manziel in order to keep things in balance.

JUST my .02

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:49 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopSandwich View Post
Manziel is going to Cleveland, here is my reasoning.

At the end of last year we had the J offense.

QB - JASON Campbell
WR - JOSH Gordon
WR - JOSH Cooper
TE - JORDAN Cameron
LT - JOE Thomas
LG - JOHN Greco

That is an offense that maintains an over 50% first name J ratio, and with JIMMY Haslam as the owner running Pilot's Flying J it is imperative that they replace JASON Campbell with JOHNNY Manziel in order to keep things in balance.

JUST my .02
Or they could draft Jadeveon Clowney and try him out at QB. He'd know what the defenders were thinking.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:56 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clowney would be lethal out of the wild cat. He played RB in HS.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:57 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
Or they could draft Jadeveon Clowney and try him out at QB. He'd know what the defenders were thinking.
They could add JUICE too.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:38 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jordy Nelson Would Be Mvp

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 01-31-2014, 05:39 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

And julio jones in the slot holy **** its all coming together now maybe we can get jj abrams todirect our offense

Old 01-31-2014, 05:43 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
They could add JUICE too.
Add Mike Vick and run the new 3 QB option passing attack. No one could stop it just like Calais Campbell was quadruple teamed.

Add Jacob Tamme or Jermaine Gresham as well for a backup TE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:03 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bortles and Odell Beckham. Good bye.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being able to watch Russell Wilson can't hurt Manziel. Things like Wilson's maturity and willingness not to try to do everything himself are positive traits Manziel can learn from.

Que the "but, but Manziel doesn't have teh samez armz strengthz!" comments.

Yeah, I get that they may not have the same arm strength, but it's not like people were universally raving about Wilson's arm strength in college.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:06 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Yeah, I get that they may not have the same arm strength, but it's not like people were universally raving about Wilson's arm strength in college.
From the baseball background no one was really questioning it either though.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
From the baseball background no one was really questioning it either though.
Well, Manziel did play baseball in high school. No clue how good he was.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:20 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Well, Manziel did play baseball in high school. No clue how good he was.
Considering Wilson played in college and was a MLB Draft pick, I am gonna guess Manziel wasn't in Wilson's class. With the success of Wilson and Colin Kaepernick I think teams are going to start putting a bit more stock into baseball backgrounds and less stock untraditional releases.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:39 PM    (permalink
E_Bird
Veteran

E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E_Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manziel's arm is plenty strong. He was the best deep passer in college football.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Considering Wilson played in college and was a MLB Draft pick, I am gonna guess Manziel wasn't in Wilson's class. With the success of Wilson and Colin Kaepernick I think teams are going to start putting a bit more stock into baseball backgrounds and less stock untraditional releases.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:57 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Bird View Post
Manziel's arm is plenty strong. He was the best deep passer in college football.
Care to substantiate this?

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:59 PM    (permalink
E_Bird
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
Quote:
- For all the criticism Manziel gets, he’s extremely good at hitting his targets downfield. His ‘NFL type’ throws in the 11-20 yard range is the highest in the top 8 QBs in this class at 70.5% and he’s slightly better than Bortles at hitting the 20+ yard throws.

- Before we start getting into the debates about Manziel scrambling around the heaving it up for Mike Evans…his accuracy was similar when throwing solely from the pocket, hitting 67% of his 11-20 yard passes and 59% of his 20+ yard passes

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...conundrum?pg=1
Old 02-03-2014, 08:03 PM    (permalink
E_Bird
Veteran

BTW, this was posted in another thread which involved Manziel. Got that link via Jcn92:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...65#post3556965
Old 02-04-2014, 05:48 AM    (permalink
E_Bird
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
Unimpressed?
Old 02-04-2014, 07:00 AM    (permalink
Camp Arm
Rookie

Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Camp Arm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deep passing does not prove arm strength to begin with.
Camp Arm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:04 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea Phil Rivers was the "best" deep passer in the NFL for multiple years
Old 02-04-2014, 08:12 PM    (permalink
E_Bird
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp Arm View Post
Deep passing does not prove arm strength to begin with.
This is true, but if you watched the games, you know it does't apply to Manziel. We're not talking about a bunch of lollipops.