Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who goes further this season from the NFC West?
San Francisco 58 45.31%
Seattle 70 54.69%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow:

San Fran 1-2
Green Bay 1-2
Atlanta 1-2
NY Giants 0-3
Washington 0-3
Minny 0-3

5 of them were playoff teams last year, and the other, NY, won the Super Bowl in Feb 2012.

As Lombardi once said, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OUT THERE?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
As Lombardi once said, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OUT THERE?
He was such a savant intellectual.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:55 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=J-Mike88;3454028]Wow:

San Fran 1-2
Green Bay 1-2
Atlanta 1-2
NY Giants 0-3
Washington 0-3
Minny 0-3

5 of them were playoff teams last year, and the other, NY, won the Super Bowl in Feb 2012.

As Lombardi once said, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OUT THERE?[/QUOTE]

Injuries man . It's the new thing of the future. Also defense teams just shutting down and no tackling because there afraid to hit the QB or Wide outs or else they will get flagged.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another day another dollar.

Carroll took out his starters with like 3 mins left in the third with only a 3-score lead.

Rice, Tate, and Baldwin had great games.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Another day another dollar.

Carroll took out his starters with like 3 mins left in the third with only a 3-score lead.

Rice, Tate, and Baldwin had great games.
preface everything you say with the words "the jags are atrocious". if they win a game this year I'll be shocked.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still feel that both teams were/are overrated. I didn't think Kaepernick would struggle like this however. It is still real early and both teams are still really talented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
preface everything you say with the words "the jags are atrocious". if they win a game this year I'll be shocked.
A win is a win and the offense made some strides in the passing game. Exactly what they were looking for.

And my tone refers to the easy win + San Fran sucking.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

2nd-round Rice TE Vance McDonald: 1 catch, 6 yards in a starting role.

5th-round Rice TE Luke Willson: 5 catches, 76 yards as the 2nd TE.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli Manning: 119 yds, 0 TDs
Brian Hoyer: 321 yds, 3 TDs

Small sample sizes are fun!!!! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Are we taking bets on who has the better year over the larger sample size? I'd be willing to bet Willson is more productive.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are we taking bets on who has the better year over the larger sample size? I'd be willing to bet Willson is more productive.
Sure. Set up 16 game schedules, all against Jacksonville.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Eh. You want to discredit my post - at least follow up.

I pointed it out because it's an interesting stat. These players will be linked throughout their careers, however short they might be, for obvious reasons.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I still feel that both teams were/are overrated. I didn't think Kaepernick would struggle like this however. It is still real early and both teams are still really talented.
I'm in full panic mode yet. Depends on what we show against the Rams. You can feel the tension amongst the fan base and local media here in regards to what has happened the last two games.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Eh. You want to discredit my post - at least follow up.

I pointed it out because it's an interesting stat. These players will be linked throughout their careers, however short they might be, for obvious reasons.
I'm not going to discuss a one-game sample size no matter what the comparison, because, well, that is stupid. I don't even know who Wilson is. Why would he be linked with Vance McDonald?

Old 09-23-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not going to discuss a one-game sample size no matter what the comparison, because, well, that is stupid. I don't even know who Wilson is. Why would he be linked with Vance McDonald?
Wilson was McDonald's backup at Rice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

That's cool.

He had a nice game yesterday.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol gpngc you handle your team winning with about as much class as Richard Sherman. Yes the Seahawks are off to a great start, and the 49ers just had a godawful 2 games and have some obvious issues w/ Aldon Smith in rehab and the offensive dysfunction. But things can change fast. As much as things have swung one way the last couple weeks, they can easily swing back. Lets see if the 49ers bounce back, and lets see how the Seahawks do on the road against the Colts and Texans. The cockiness of the Seahawks makes it easy for me to root against them, and fans like you don't do anything to change that perception. And I know youre gonna say the cockiness is justified, but this team still hasn't accomplished anything that special, and I look forward to someone serving the Seahawks up some humble pie.

Last edited by Eazy Picks : 09-23-2013 at 07:37 PM.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy Picks View Post
lol gpngc you handle your team winning with about as much class as Richard Sherman. Yes the Seahawks are off to a great start, and the 49ers just had a godawful 2 games and have some obvious issues w/ Aldon Smith in rehab and the offensive dysfunction. But things can change fast. As much as things have swung one way the last couple weeks, they can easily swing back. Lets see if the 49ers bounce back, and lets see how the Seahawks do on the road against the Colts and Texans. The cockiness of the Seahawks makes it easy for me to root against them, and fans like you don't do anything to change that perception. And I know youre gonna say the cockiness is justified, but this team still hasn't accomplished anything that special, and I look forward to someone serving the Seahawks up some humble pie.
By pointing out an interesting stat?
Old 09-23-2013, 08:20 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
By pointing out an interesting stat?
I'm sure it has nothing to do with the "Another day another dollar"

"Took out are starters up 3 scores in third quarter"

etc.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

"Another day another dollar" is classless? Why? That's what it was - another win.

And the starters comment was about me disagreeing with the move. You shouldn't take them out up just three scores - especially in the third quarter.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:26 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I enjoy your rivalry, much moreso than the one-sided Chicago-Green Bay rivalry of late.

And for the record, as the vote shows, I sided with Seattle here over San Fran, FWIW. Funny how the most recent votes have come aboard.

But, September results are often forgotten once January rolls around. Things change.

Aldon Smith didn't get injured, but the funny little drinking problem looks to sideline him for a month or so..... at least he won't (shouldn't) tear an ACL or snap an Achilles while he's avoiding the Colt 45s.

What's funniest to me is all the fantasy football people who judged Kaepernick by how he looked against the Packers in the playoff game and week one.

Colin only wishes he could play the Packers 16 times a year. Imagine his stats.
What if vs Seattle 16 times a year? Brady Quinn numbers?

Looking forward to the game this week him vs the Rams, who just allowed Tony Romo to post this Sunday's best QBR in the league.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I enjoy your rivalry, much moreso than the one-sided Chicago-Green Bay rivalry of late.

And for the record, as the vote shows, I sided with Seattle here over San Fran, FWIW. Funny how the most recent votes have come aboard.

But, September results are often forgotten once January rolls around. Things change.

Aldon Smith didn't get injured, but the funny little drinking problem looks to sideline him for a month or so..... at least he won't (shouldn't) tear an ACL or snap an Achilles while he's avoiding the Colt 45s.

What's funniest to me is all the fantasy football people who judged Kaepernick by how he looked against the Packers in the playoff game and week one.

Colin only wishes he could play the Packers 16 times a year. Imagine his stats.
What if vs Seattle 16 times a year? Brady Quinn numbers?

Looking forward to the game this week him vs the Rams, who just allowed Tony Romo to post this Sunday's best QBR in the league.
Believe it or not Kaepernick did have other good games. It wasn't just against the Packers. Don't quote me on that though.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 09-23-2013 at 11:08 PM.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"Another day another dollar" is classless? Why? That's what it was - another win.

And the starters comment was about me disagreeing with the move. You shouldn't take them out up just three scores - especially in the third quarter.
lol its not one particular thing, its just comment after comment about how great the Seahawks are, and just your general tone about how you were right about everything and blah blah blah. Gloat away when you win the SB. Until then, just calm down. Its 3 weeks, I currently have the Seahawks at the top of my power rankings, but things can change, and nobody cares who was at the top of the week 3 power rankings.

and lol at your 5th round TE from Rice had a better week 3 than the 49ers 2nd round TE from Rice is an "interesting stat". What on earth is interesting about that?
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:31 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#UndeniableMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:04 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Believe it or not Kaepernick did have other good games. It wasn't just against the Packers. Don't quote me on that though.
OK Ness, but I am sitting Boldin and VD again this week in FF.
I knew I should have traded them after week one against the Packers when, again, everyone saw them light things up on us.