Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who goes further this season from the NFC West?
San Francisco 58 45.31%
Seattle 70 54.69%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rice has done practically nothing this season. Losing him hurts the WR depth, but really he's been the 3rd or 4th best WR this year. Not all that worried about it.

My 3 worries are the injuries at OT, Bevell's horrific playcalling and the dumb mistakes.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:22 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
My worries are the injuries at OT.
Injuries at OT?
You must be talking about Seattle, not San Francisco.
How many starting OL are missing right now from the Niners?
Most teams are down about 2, around the league.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okung should be back soon, which should give the OL a huge boost. the offense is clearly struggling against speed rushers, but they are leaning on their defense and run game and Wilson always seems to make enough plays to win the game. Hes doing a good job with not throwing INTs, but a lot of the time that is because he doesnt let go of the ball, which has resulted in a lot of sacks and fumbles.When Okung comes back, that can change. Giacominis return should help too, but to a lesser extend.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
Rice has done practically nothing this season. Losing him hurts the WR depth, but really he's been the 3rd or 4th best WR this year. Not all that worried about it.

My 3 worries are the injuries at OT, Bevell's horrific playcalling and the dumb mistakes.
Big reason I like SFs chances moving forward, the OL has stayed healthy, and they are once again dominating people. Best OL in the league by far.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:33 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy Picks View Post
Big reason I like SFs chances moving forward, the OL has stayed healthy, and they are once again dominating people. Best OL in the league by far.
Ryan Clady.
Russell Okung.
Sebastien Vollmer.
Derek Sherrod.
Bryan Bulaga.
Brian Watters.

I know I am missing a ton of guys.

It's clear the 49ers OL is healthy and is the best OL in the league. Sometimes that goes hand in hand.

If they ever were to lose two of their starters on the OL like other teams have, we'll see if they are still the best OL in the league. I suspect not. But you know what? We'll never find out because those ***** guys are made of iron. 5 Robert Downey Jrs.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:51 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Falcons 31, Seahawks 20.

Ugh.

To add insult to injury, 49ers 23, Panthers 20 in OT.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Falcons 31, Seahawks 20.

Ugh.

I'm okay with this.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Quote:
Falcons 31, Seahawks 20.

Ugh.

i second the Falcons beating the Seahawks. Theyre getting healthy just in time for this game and the Seahawks are still really banged up.

I dont think the Panthers make it all that close though. 49ers' defense flexes its muscle and Anquan Boldin has a big game.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:35 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Falcons 31, Seahawks 20.

Ugh.

I like the way you think, but I think you guys beat the Falcons.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the biggest game of Cam Newton's career. That angle hasn't been discussed much because the media would rather talk about anything other than actual football.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:18 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
User Actions
Following

Adam SchefterVerified account
‏@AdamSchefter
Percy Harvin not playing today vs. Atlanta but it would be an upset if he did not make season debut next Sunday vs. his former Vikings team.
I think Schefter needs to re-evaluate what upset means.

I'll believe it when I see it. He still hasn't practiced as far as I know. I don't think it would be an upset to read "Harvin aggravates hip injury" on Thursday or something.

Crossing my fingers.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is the biggest game of Cam Newton's career. That angle hasn't been discussed much because the media would rather talk about anything other than actual football.
I just realized I have not seen many Panthers games the past few years. I'm excited to see their front 7 in action and what our offensive game plan looks like.

We've been steamrolling teams the past 5 games (174-61) but that was against the Rams, Texans, Cardinals, Titans, and Jaguars, of course.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

I dont know for some reason Cam Newton does not get talked about as being one of the top young QBs, but I think hes up there with the rest of em (luck, kap, wilson)...but the reason Im picking the 49ers is b/c I dont have faith in the Panthers WRs or their DBs.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

never mind the Falcons just suck this year I kept thinking they might make a late season run but its just not their year
Old 11-10-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
I just realized I have not seen many Panthers games the past few years. I'm excited to see their front 7 in action and what our offensive game plan looks like.

We've been steamrolling teams the past 5 games (174-61) but that was against the Rams, Texans, Cardinals, Titans, and Jaguars, of course.
Well, I wanted to see 'em... I got 'em.

Domination.

Good win, Panthers.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:02 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Well.... his defense gave him a Win.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seattle is 2.5 games up with 6 left to play (7 for SF).

SF has to beat SEA head to head and hope for the Saints to beat them, and hope for at least 1 the Giants/Cardinals/Rams/Vikings to upset Seattle.

In other words, SEA is winning the NFC West in 2013.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:20 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh Seattle could still drop some games. The NFL has tons of random upsets every week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:56 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

These things might not matter in the long run. Who wins the division might not even make it farther than the other in the playoffs - we know this. But this is where we stand.

1) Seattle is absolutely going to be favored @SF in W14 unless things change drastically. It might even be by more than 3 points.

2) Russell Wilson is obviously too short to win a Super Bowl, but his accuracy has improved a lot. He's clearly the superior QB to Kaepernick right now. It's not really close.

3) Seattle's makeshift OL has played well the past two weeks and three starters are on pace to return for the stretch run. There was a Michael Bowie pancake today that was beautiful.

4) The Seahawks are now 5-1 on the road.

5) Reading the schedule is always tricky, but they have just two road games left compared to four home games. Even if they lose both road games and an additional home game, they could still get homefield or at least a first-round bye at 12-4. And that's a whole lot of negative projecting for a team with one coin flip game loss.

6) Pete Carroll's team hasn't lost a game by more than one score since Week 9 of 2011. That's 36 straight games. I think that's incredible and really speaks to his ability to motivate his players on a weekly basis AND keep his team competitive through adversity.

I thought I had more but damn, the first ten games simply simply couldn't have gone any better.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:

2) Russell Wilson is obviously too short to win a Super Bowl, but his accuracy has improved a lot. He's clearly the superior QB to Kaepernick right now. It's not really close.
But:
A) Jaws said Kaepernick could be one of the GOAT.
B) I was told that since Kaepernick became the starter one season ago, he has the highest ESPN QBR in the NFL.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

It's tough to write off Kaepernick. He's still basically a rookie and has less starts than Wilson.

I'd be concerned. He's really struggling right now.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
It's tough to write off Kaepernick. He's still basically a rookie and has less starts than Wilson.

At least his complete starting OL is still there for him. How would he look with 2 or 3 backups in there?

Anyway, he's still fast like a gazelle.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

How is someone in their third year in the league with eighteen starts under his belt "basically a rookie"?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

People always freak out at the sophomore slump. When are people going to learn that more often than not it is simply a bump in the road and will likely return to being above average next year.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
How is someone in their third year in the league with eighteen starts under his belt "basically a rookie"?
Because he still looks like one way too often would be my guess.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote