Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who goes further this season from the NFC West?
San Francisco 58 45.31%
Seattle 70 54.69%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-30-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kaepernick was without Crabtree for 11 games. Now, that Crabtree is back, Kaepernick is probably more relaxed and comfortable. Plus, he has Boldin who we have to re-sign. Boldin is clutch and catches every damn thing.

I know we can go into GB, CAR and even SEA and win because we have the talent and depth to do so. With that said, it all comes down to the play-calling. That's what worries me the most. The play-calling is what hurts the 49ers more than anything else.

Dont see Kaepernick running a lot either unless there's space to run or a play breaks down and he scrambles out to run because of one reason - Colt McCoy. Cant take the chance that Kaepernick gets injured. Thats why him running has been toned down plus he has the arm to be an excellent pocket passer but needs more experience and time. After all, he's only started 26 games thus far. I wouldnt be surprised if he was to go on a Flacco type playoff run especially since he has Boldin to throw to at any time.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you'll see him with 6-10 carries a game in the playoffs, including a handful of designed runs each game. He's not a high level pocket passer at this point, and there's no reason to conserve his body at the expense of doing what gives them the best chance to win - which is utilize his legs.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:15 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SF just needs better play calling still. It's gonna be a tough 3 games on the road. I hope sf guys are ready for a hell of a cold game this Sunday suppose to be 18 or below..
Old 01-06-2014, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomoz View Post
Which is basically not happening. New Orleans isn't winning many road games either.

I think the NFC Title Game will come down to either Green Bay in Seattle, San Francisco in Seattle, or Philly in Seattle.
It's one week from being a reality.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:20 AM    (permalink
Jomoz
Rookie

Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jomoz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
It's one week from being a reality.
There's no way New Orleans beats Seattle in Seattle. And I'd only give San Fran a 30% chance of beating Carolina this week. And if they make it past Carolina, there's no way they win in Seattle.

Carolina - Seattle NFC CG in Seattle seems like a near-lock at this point. At worst, it will be San Fran - Seattle NFC CG in Seattle with the Seahawks advancing to the Super Bowl easily.
Jomoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:58 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomoz View Post
There's no way New Orleans beats Seattle in Seattle. And I'd only give San Fran a 30% chance of beating Carolina this week. And if they make it past Carolina, there's no way they win in Seattle.

Carolina - Seattle NFC CG in Seattle seems like a near-lock at this point. At worst, it will be San Fran - Seattle NFC CG in Seattle with the Seahawks advancing to the Super Bowl easily.
I imagine this 49'ers team is gonna disappoint you once again this upcoming weekend.

No disrespect, but I think we beat the Panthers in Carolina.

And, call me crazy, but I want the Seahawks in Seattle.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:30 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was the original proponent of Seattle surprising folks (way before this season began) and passing San Francisco.

However, because I watched Seattle continue to get away with pass interference time and time again, holding, bumping, grabbing, tugging, assaulting.... it's turned me off of Seattle and I am not rooting against them.
Sorry Seahawks.

I was delighted to see this was not just me noticing this. When they played late in the season in SF, this was talked about. I still remember NE doing this to Harrison and Wayne back in the day when Manning was there.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-interference/

Quote:
Gilbride says Seahawks have “perfected the art” of pass interference

Posted by Mike Florio on January 11, 2014, 9:13 AM EST

So what’s the secret of the Seattle Seahawks?

They cheat.

Not in a Spygate way or with any other secret methods. As explained by Kevin Clark and Jonathan Clegg of the Wall Street Journal, the Seahawks engage in blatant pass interference on a regular basis, accepting that a penalty will be called from time to time but realizing that the officials won’t call it every time.

“If you think they’re going to be called and expect that to be the solution to the problem, you’re going to be sadly mistaken,” former Giants offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride told Clark and Clegg. “They’ve perfected the art.”

Gilbride added that the Seahawks engage in pass interference on nearly every passing play.

They just seem to not care about the rules,” Giants receiver Louis Murphy said.

They surely care, but the Seahawks understand that the officials aren’t inclined to slow the pace of the game to a crawl by throwing flag after flag for interference or defensive holding.

“They look at it and say, ‘We may get called for one but not 10,’” FOX’s Mike Pereira, a former V.P. of officiating, told Clark and Clegg.

The Seahawks led the league with 13 pass interference penalties in 2013. They also had 10 defensive holding calls. If they’re indeed committing fouls on every passing play (which they almost are), that’s a small price to pay for 13 wins and home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Absent an adjustment by the officials from last weekend’s wild-card round, which featured plenty of uncalled contact on receivers, the Saints should expect more of the same on Saturday.
Here's what the Saints need to do.
First, they already should have warned the zebras and head of zebras that THEY BETTER CALL IT any time they do it.

Second, they better have their receivers, if it's not called on the first or second play that it occurs, instruct their receivers to grab and throw the Seattle CB's to the side. Force the zebra's to see there's contact going on well beyond 5 yards, and throw flags.

This is the key, the secret, to the Seattle defense. They mug, accost, molest, grab, hold, tug.....
Sure they get a good pass rush too obviously, but when receivers aren't open, QB has to hold it a bit longer, allowing the rushers time to get at him.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:07 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^^^^

Dont know if you're being sincere or being sarcastic but I agree with your post. Either the Seahawks should get penalized for what they're doing or at the very least, the Saints should be allowed to do the same damn thing.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teams are allowed to do the same thing, and they do. Didn't you watch Green Bay/San Francisco last week? the refs tend to call really blatent fouls but not minor ones. It's the same as the saying that there's holding on the offensive line on every play. There is. The Seahawks coach their players to play right up to the limit of the rules because the closer they are to that edge, the more problems they're creating for opponents. Every receiver calls for a flag every time a ball gets away from him anyways; it's not like, "Oh, somebody should tell the refs the DBs are getting grabby." They're getting shouted at by both teams just about every play.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:27 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Of course, I watched the 49ers/Packers game last week. And I agree, there was a lot of contact/holding/pass interference but not as bad as in any Seattle game. Seahawks secondary does it so much and so blatant that its amazing they never get called for it. Oh well. I just hope its a good close game. Honestly, I dont want to see a blowout either way but let's go Saints!!!
Old 01-11-2014, 08:51 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never get called for it? They lead the league in penalties. They don't get away with it more than any other team.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:53 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
Never get called for it? They lead the league in penalties. They don't get away with it more than any other team.
They lead the league in DPI plays not called.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
Shhhhhhh. You ruining all of this hate with your silly facts.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
They lead the league in DPI plays not called.
Prove it or it isn't true.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:57 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

And WR Lance Moore gently barely pushed off on Sherman, and they zebra had the flag out FAST to call OPI.

How many times did the DB's hit WR's and TE's harder than that today?

Jimmy Graham was hit (slightly) before balls arrived at least twice today in addition to the times he was grabbed.

Look, Charles Woodson on the Packers was like this, starting in about 2009.... he got away with it for awhile, then got called, once, twice, three times, and then he had a reputation for it and got called so often, he couldn't risk cheating anymore.... and what happened was guys ran past him all the time, and he appeared to get old fast.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
And WR Lance Moore gently barely pushed off on Sherman, and they zebra had the flag out FAST to call OPI.

How many times did the DB's hit WR's and TE's harder than that today?

Jimmy Graham was hit (slightly) before balls arrived at least twice today in addition to the times he was grabbed.

Look, Charles Woodson on the Packers was like this, starting in about 2009.... he got away with it for awhile, then got called, once, twice, three times, and then he had a reputation for it and got called so often, he couldn't risk cheating anymore.... and what happened was guys ran past him all the time, and he appeared to get old fast.
Still waiting for you to prove that they lead the league in uncalled DPIs.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:12 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
You want "proof"?
Watch every game of theirs with the coaches film where you can see every receiver running their routes against Seattle.

There's your proof.

Otherwise, you can read articles about it from folks who have seen the film.

One was provided earlier in this thread.
Enjoy.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
You want "proof"?
Watch every game of theirs with the coaches film where you can see every receiver running their routes against Seattle.

There's your proof.

Otherwise, you can read articles about it from folks who have seen the film.

One was provided earlier in this thread.
Enjoy.
Yeah, that's not proof.

The Jets lead the league in slaying dragons and crapping out unicorns. Some guy said so but had had absolutely nothing to back it up. There's your proof.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:45 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah, that's not proof.

The Jets lead the league in slaying dragons and crapping out unicorns. Some guy said so but had had absolutely nothing to back it up. There's your proof.
OMG that is so funny.
Saturday Night Live just hired a few new writers...... were you one of them?
Old 01-11-2014, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I mean, any top defense will get away with reputation calls in any sport. It happens in hockey, it happens in basketball (Pacers get away with a ton of ****), and it happens in football with the Seahawks now and teams like the Ravens, Bucs and Steelers in the past.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:48 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I mean, any top defense will get away with reputation calls in any sport. It happens in hockey, it happens in basketball (Pacers get away with a ton of ****), and it happens in football with the Seahawks now and teams like the Ravens, Bucs and Steelers in the past.
Well said, no doubt about that.

Poor Percy.... if SF can get by Carolina, this will (could) be another big edge to SF over Seattle, the health of the WRs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...gn=Twitter_atl
Old 01-12-2014, 03:13 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

San Francisco or Seattle?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 03:18 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
So....how will the inevitable playoff rematch go? Will Seattle stomp them like they have the last 2 times in clink, or will San Fran pull off the major upset?

On a neutral field or San Fran, its an even matchup. But playing in Seattle has been such a huge disadvantage for Kaep.
Well, here we are.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 01-12-2014 at 03:22 PM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 03:26 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
I imagine this 49'ers team is gonna disappoint you once again this upcoming weekend.

No disrespect, but I think we beat the Panthers in Carolina.

And, call me crazy, but I want the Seahawks in Seattle.
Well, I get my wish.

Is it next Sunday yet?
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shouldn't have won in Carolina. We only had a 30% chance of winning apparently.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote