Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who goes further this season from the NFC West?
San Francisco 58 45.31%
Seattle 70 54.69%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Funniest thing is that Golden Tate is actually pretty good and no one knows it.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still hate Golden Tate. Doug Baldwin > Tate forever.

Honestly though he has gotten considerably better and people don't recognize it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I still hate Golden Tate. Doug Baldwin > Tate forever.

Honestly though he has gotten considerably better and people don't recognize it yet.
I heard he only dropped 1 pass over the last 2 years. Pretty impressive if true.
Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:11 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
golden tate is a completely mediocre wr. come off it.
Increasingly less true. By the second half of the season, there was basically a new Golden Tate.gif after every game. He didn't put up huge stats, but he made circus plays on a regular basis.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:13 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Circus plays don't make a good receiver though. Brandon Lloyd can make the spectacular catch every so often, and he is pretty average in all other facets. You definitely need more than just Sports Center highlights.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i don't buy that a single team gave him a second thought when game-planning. he's just not special.
Granted, he wasn't good as a slot receiver and it's taken a couple years of polishing, but he's one of the best YAC receivers in the NFL, he is great at going up and getting jump balls, and he rarely drops passes. He makes a lot of defenders miss tackles. (You know - the sort of thing coaches point out in film sessions.)
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really, arguing against Golden Tate? Dammit, I had to edit that since I put for, but Tate has improved a lot njx. Accept it.

RIP TheManInBlack

Last edited by Brodeur : 06-29-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru View Post
I heard he only dropped 1 pass over the last 2 years. Pretty impressive if true.
And even it was called a touchdown.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:28 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the guy that could end up being a great receiver for Seattle is Chris Harper. Granted, he is just a rookie and may not see the field a lot right out of the gates, but he is a perfect fit for their system and brings a lot to the table. He runs very clean routes, is physical, and has great hands. I can see him being an Anquan Boldin-type of receiver down the road.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:17 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd have to go with the 49ers. Teams have more film on Wilson. He isn't as dynamic as Kaepernick. I think Wilson has an average at best season. He is more of an improviser and last year things more often than not went seattle's way.

I am curious to see how teams will be defending the zone option this season as it will have a profound impact on both these teams. Not to mention the fact that both he cardinals and rams should be much better teams as well.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:19 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think Aldon Smith is one of the most overrated players in the NFL? I mean, Niners lose Justin Smith, Aldon disappears.

Yet, Aldon Smith earned a top 10 ranking overall on NFL's top 100?
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:20 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
I'd have to go with the 49ers. Teams have more film on Wilson. He isn't as dynamic as Kaepernick. I think Wilson has an average at best season. He is more of an improviser and last year things more often than not went seattle's way.

I am curious to see how teams will be defending the zone option this season as it will have a profound impact on both these teams. Not to mention the fact that both he cardinals and rams should be much better teams as well.
I like Kaepernick more than Wilson, but I still like Wilson. Dude just has "IT" between the ears. Both will be great QBs in this league, regardless of the Read Option or not.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:37 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
I'd have to go with the 49ers. Teams have more film on Wilson.
How is more film gonnna hurt Wilson? He's a quarterback who operates from within the pocket unless some improvising is called upon. Wilson isn't a quarterback thriving in some gimmick offense.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:40 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
How is more film gonnna hurt Wilson? He's a quarterback who operates from within the pocket unless some improvising is called upon. Wilson isn't a quarterback thriving in some gimmick offense.
This. 10 Char
Old 07-04-2013, 08:42 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wilson is just good.
He's smart.
He stays calm, has poise.
He's pretty accurate.
His arm strength is adequate.

Kaepernick is faster, taller, stronger arm, but he's going to get hurt if he runs too much. He'll eventually have to be more of a pure passing QB which will take away his strength.
But for the time being, Kaeper will have moments of greatness, with a few wild moments.
Wilson is more of a steady smooth sailer, less sensational moments but less crazy bad WTF moments.

Both guys can win Super Bowls with these teams, without question.

Both have a$$hole coaches so more fun when they play each other.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:48 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Is it just me, or does anyone else think Aldon Smith is one of the most overrated players in the NFL? I mean, Niners lose Justin Smith, Aldon disappears.

Yet, Aldon Smith earned a top 10 ranking overall on NFL's top 100?
Aldon Smith was injured as well. It's not as if he was perfectly healthy and suddenly forgot how to pressure the QB.

What about all of the sacks that Aldon has gotten lining up on the opposite side of Justin Smith? Name all of the other players that have gotten nearly 20 sacks a year lining up next to Justin Smith?
Old 07-04-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Yup. Neither is Kaepernick. That is the great thing about both players. Both operate well from the pocket.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Seattle claims a long snapper on waivers from the 49ers and release a WR and the 49ers claim that WR back. Some solid trolling by both coaches.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
So Seattle claims a long snapper on waivers from the 49ers and release a WR and the 49ers claim that WR back. Some solid trolling by both coaches.
Thats pretty great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets and Pats used to tweak each other like that too.

Until the Jets started sucking.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Jets and Pats used to tweak each other like that too.

Until the Jets started sucking.
Just like recently the Pats pick up Tebow from the Jets but in FA for dirt cheap while the Jets paid an arm and a leg for him. ha .
Old 07-12-2013, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going San Fran. Outside of the secondary they are the deeper team. On top of that I still have doubts that Seattle can consistently win on the road. I think this is the year the Rams start making some real noise as well.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:27 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good poll results and discussion.

Changes from last year:

Niners: Added Boldin, lost Crabtree, who was BY FAR Kaepernick's favorite and most effective receiver.
They also lost Dashon Goldson, a proven commodity back there for them. And Ahmad Brooks should proceed directly to jail, and not pass Go.

Seahawks, Added Percy Harvin, lost who?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Good poll results and discussion.

Changes from last year:

Niners: Added Boldin, lost Crabtree, who was BY FAR Kaepernick's favorite and most effective receiver.
They also lost Dashon Goldson, a proven commodity back there for them. And Ahmad Brooks should proceed directly to jail, and not pass Go.

Seahawks, Added Percy Harvin, lost who?
Veteran Additions:
WR Percy Harvin, DE Cliff Avril, DE Michael Bennett, DT Tony McDaniel, CB Antoine Winfield, CB Marcus Trufant.

Early Draft Picks:
RB Christine Michael, DT Jordan Hill, WR Chris Harper, NT Jesse Williams, CB Tharold Simon, TE Luke Willson. Seahawks Rookie Forecast

Offseason Losses:
QB Matt Flynn, OT Frank Omiyale, DT Alan Branch, DT Jason Jones, OLB Leroy Hill, KR Leon Washington.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote